A Sad Goodbye

Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:15 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of
Default A Sad Goodbye

Just to let you know that hubby and I have had some really heavy conversations over the last few weeks and basically have canned the whole NZ idea. The finances just didn't work out and we aren't that unhappy with UK. We just couldn't balance the pros and cons sheet.

I want to thank everyone on this site for all their help and insights. We weren't put off by the 'negative' threads and loved the positive ones. I feel a bit of a fraud now posting on here so am leaving the site but i do want to express my gratitude to all those who have welcomed me and helped me in my incredibly intense research. I know more about NZ now than I do the UK!

Anyway, this is goodbye for now - maybe the idea will rear it's head again in a couple of years and we will be in a better position to go froward with it.

SPid
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: A Sad Goodbye

All the best Spid.
You've probably made the right decision if finances were the issue.
At least you did very thorough research.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice
Default Re: A Sad Goodbye

Good Luck in what ever you choose to do in life.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:43 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

A wise choice, and lucky escape!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

tough decision! good luck
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:18 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

We often find what we're looking for right under our noses It's a clever person who knows what they don't want!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spid
Just to let you know that hubby and I have had some really heavy conversations over the last few weeks and basically have canned the whole NZ idea. The finances just didn't work out and we aren't that unhappy with UK. We just couldn't balance the pros and cons sheet.

I want to thank everyone on this site for all their help and insights. We weren't put off by the 'negative' threads and loved the positive ones. I feel a bit of a fraud now posting on here so am leaving the site but i do want to express my gratitude to all those who have welcomed me and helped me in my incredibly intense research. I know more about NZ now than I do the UK!

Anyway, this is goodbye for now - maybe the idea will rear it's head again in a couple of years and we will be in a better position to go froward with it.

SPid
Sorry to hear things haven't worked out in NZ for you, but at least you have given it a go. Good luck with the return Scotland.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry things didn't work out for you and yours. All the best in your future,wherever you decide to go.

Phyllis
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:48 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spid

SPid
We are the same also an onshore came up for us after 10 years we will try it and see what happens

Carol
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you'll find somewhere else in the future that ticks all the right boxes that will work for you. We were originally on another path altogether before deciding on NZ, so I don't expect the grass will be growing long under your feet.

Deciding to emigrate requires a huge shift in mindset and once you've decided to move on and change your life, it is very hard to stand still and carry on as before. Other possibilities, even close to home, will seem so easily achievable compared to moving to NZ. So go for it, in the cold light of day, those itchy feet and wandering thoughts will get you and I'm sure you'll come up with something else in no time.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:35 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with whatever path you choose. Maybe at some point in the future you may come back to this forum.
Enjoy the life you live, wherever you end up.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:48 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you find happiness in your decision; glad the forum helped you
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm not a big blog reader but I've just spent a little time reading yours. From what you write, I feel you have probably made a very wise and sensible decision for your family. Fair play to you both.

Karma your way and don't be a stranger.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:58 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to you and your family, Spid!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Often,a harder decision to make than to close your eyes and jump.
Good on you,and good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.