Sad day

Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sad day

and another piece of commentary.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

And another relevant article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ng-equals.html
Old Apr 12th 2013, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by downunderpom
Damn' right! Best PM since Churchill.
Bollocks!
Churchill didn't flog off all the family silver to his business chums. Her policies are one of the major reasons why the UK no longer has control over its own energy supplies etc.

Some legacy!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jobry01
Ambivalent is the word for my feelings

Was made redundant from steelworks because her, at the time I like most of Scotland hated her

Now 30 years on I don't really care I have a decent life, nice family all of which I would never of had if I hadn't been made redundant, because I moved on unlike alot of people

What I cannot stand (and it will happen) is people jumping on the bandwagon celebrating her death and will no doubt cause trouble at the funeral. The pictures I have seen most of the people were kids or not even born during her time

I'm with you on this one. No politician be they Mrs T or Tony Blair has really impacted directly upon my life or affected my chances/choices in life.
She did make rightly or wrongly some difficult decisions and made some bad ones but don't they all. Personally I believe that selling off all the utilities etc was a poor decision for which we are paying the price now, but by the same token I lived through the crap 1970s as a child and things did have to get better!

She wasn't 'evil' as described and, despite what some people are saying she was a good role model for women in that she showed what can be achieved and how far one can get in life if you are determined to succeed. Something I would like my daughter to believe in too.

What does get forgotten is that she was that rare thing amongst politicians, that is one who lived and worked in the real world (as a scientist) before becoming a politician. If only some of those in power or leading the Opposition could say the same thing.

As a former-PM she does deserve a certain level of respect, after all millions of my fellow citizens voted for her, but I disliked her policies.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 7:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

A politician doesn't deserve my respect simply for being an ambitious politician . It is their deeds & intentions for the country as a whole I judge them on.

So. Having lived and worked through that time . Before that time and in those years after, I say let her be buried quietly and humbly by her family, friends and supporters , at their own cost, showing some respect , thought and consideration for all those that still cannot abide the thought of that person and those times.

Ah no. MT required something far grander than that. In that case then, for all the pomp , ceremony and special invites , expect the antithesis to occur.

Another interesting article..
Old Apr 14th 2013, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

It was such a sad day for UK residents, I am pleased to advise that 'Ding dong the witch is dead' got to Number 2 from nowhere within a matter of days.

Insensitive? Where was her empathy in the 11 years of power when trashing the Uk's social fabric and running the NHS into the ground?
Oh and that irritating lecturing patronising posh voice...have not missed that.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

It would have been so much better having the unions running the country then!
Old Apr 14th 2013, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
I loved Spitting Image

It still gets me whenever I see Neil Kinnocks soak the rich video

Roy Hattersley comes on and spits all over his colleagues whilst speaking

Probably my favourite spitting image clip
Yeah, on a lighter note, Spitting Image was very memorable. Besides Roy Hattersley, others were:-
- SDP/Liberal duo David Steel sitting in David Owen's pocket,
- the grey John Major counting peas on his dinner plate.
- the Presidents brain is missing (Ronnie Reagan)
- Prince Charles talking to his plants
- finally back on topic Margaret Thatcher and her cabinet at the restuarant, ordering a steak and asked what about the vegetables? she said 'they'll have the same as I'm having'
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:42 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Had a look at the Mail today- I know, but I look sometimes just to see what crap they're writing [and I also need to know what everyday items are now going to cause me cancer, you can't be too careful]

Most of the comments on there are against the cost and the extravagance of this funeral and most are openly expressing dislike of the woman [and getting support] despite the tone of the article; the world has gone crazy

This funeral is now a political occasion when it should have been small and private. The taxpayer should certainly not be paying for it and especially in a time of austerity. Are those who support her policies completely blind to the contempt many feel for her? How can someone this divisive ever be classed as great
This rewriting of history by most of the press and the Government is quite Orwellian.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
Yeah, on a lighter note, Spitting Image was very memorable. Besides Roy Hattersley, others were:-
- SDP/Liberal duo David Steel sitting in David Owen's pocket,
- the grey John Major counting peas on his dinner plate.
- the Presidents brain is missing (Ronnie Reagan)
- Prince Charles talking to his plants
- finally back on topic Margaret Thatcher and her cabinet at the restuarant, ordering a steak and asked what about the vegetables? she said 'they'll have the same as I'm having'
Was it John Major or Graham Taylor with the 'all my boys are a load of damn crap' quote

Speaking of that, Gazza was funny. Always cried in every episode.
Oh and the Major episode when they were visiting houses and asking who they'd vote for in the 1992 election. If the respondant said Conservative, Major, Hesseltine, Clarke and another would call them Stupid.

Think the politicians absolutely hated the programme. Hattersley especially when they did a spitting image tribute on ITV a few years back.

Moves me on to the Genesis - Land of Confusion video. Now that was a very funny video with Ronald Raegan dreaming of being superman to defeat Gorbachev and the Iranian leader Adjmouhamoud or something like that
Old Apr 15th 2013, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

I loved that programme. They don't make them like that any more. I remember Tebbit with the leather jacket. The two Davids. Great.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
This funeral is now a political occasion when it should have been small and private. The taxpayer should certainly not be paying for it and especially in a time of austerity.
It's the Tories' new ploy for injecting money in to the economy...
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:37 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011
It's the Tories' new ploy for injecting money in to the economy...
Hmmm not sure how that's going to work..

Definitely think a Spitting Image comeback is needed
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:14 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Persephone
Definitely think a Spitting Image comeback is needed
With a "Zombie Maggie" puppet!!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all

Entries into the Mrs Thatcher's Book of Condolences

"I thought she would never die, she has let us all down very badly"
D.Holmes, Somerset.

----------------------------------------------------------

"She was a trooper and she never gave up. I remember one time she was visiting a school and I asked her if she would like to make a visit to the cloakroom before she left. 'No' she replied, 'I didn't give in to the miners and I won't give in to the bladder'. That's how she was, a fighter, who refused to be beaten by anything. She p!ssed herself later though, it was sickening".
B. Forrester, North Yorkshire.

"She was a marvelous woman, and a wonderful lover".
L. J.Worthington,Penrith.

"I am absolutely devastated, at least we could have got the day off".
S.Wilson, Bristol.

"Her death should act as a warning to others who think it is cool to experiment with drugs".
E. Franks, Cheshire.

"On behalf on all blacks, I send the sincerest condolences".
T.Watson, Ilford.

"We must do all we can, send blankets, food parcels, jumpers, anything to help these brave souls who are queuing up to walk past her coffin".
R. Thompson, Bath.

---------------------------------------------------------

"I have been unable to masturbate for five days, and will not do so again until Mrs Thatcher is buried"
E. Gorman, Derbyshire.

"Good God, who is next, Geri Halliwell?".
R. Combes, Romford.

"No matter how she felt, no matter the situation, she always wore a smile. Just like a retard"
G. Hollins, East Sussex.

"I remember she came to visit us in the East End one time. She was so kind, so generous and so sweet. She whispered softly in my ear, 'you know it's not true' she said, 'you don't smell of shit'. She was a wondrous person".
E.Collier, London.

"Whichever way you look at it, it just is not as exciting as Diana".
G.Williams, West Midlands.

"She was one of us, and by that I don't mean she perpetrated insurance fraud or lied about expense claims. She was like us in a good way. God bless you Maggie".
L. Weller, Harlow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.