sad about england

Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:09 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sad about england

Originally Posted by kato33
My liver must be truly drenched in the stuff...........here's to cheap bourbon in NZ and if not perhaps I should import it as soon as I arrive and set up shop.

Can't imagine me earning any money though as I will always be found under the counter propped up by the till.

Oh God, I see you are approaching the 'milestone post' of 666 - will you burst into flame on that one?
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Oh God, I see you are approaching the 'milestone post' of 666 - will you burst into flame on that one?

I AM THE DEVIL......................god your so clever.

And remember, the devil will take your soul UNLESS I get my drop of the good stuff upon arrival.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:15 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I AM THE DEVIL......................god your so clever.

And remember, the devil will take your soul UNLESS I get my drop of the good stuff upon arrival.
Tell you what - you take it with you, I will serve it to you in a fancy glass on my deck admiring the view of our gully section in the sunshine, wearing factor 30 suncream - how does that sound?
Oh, OK, we have some you can have!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Tell you what - you take it with you, I will serve it to you in a fancy glass on my deck admiring the view of our gully section in the sunshine, wearing factor 30 suncream - how does that sound?
Oh, OK, we have some you can have!
You only want me to take you with me because of the alcohol...........its all mine your not having any..........well ok just a drop then.

Cheers for letting me know what lousy weather your having, not.
I am currently sitting in my office with the heating on. Bloody UK.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:25 am
conquering the world!

You only want me to take you with me because of the alcohol...........its all mine your not having any..........well ok just a drop then.

Cheers for letting me know what lousy weather your having, not.
I am currently sitting in my office with the heating on. Bloody UK.
Nah, you can keep your whisky and whiskey - Steve might attempt to grapple them out of your grasp but I don't care for either
If you have several cates of lager I might be interested though.....
Having spoke to my bad boys in Scotland i can only surmise that the weather is pretty similar. No 2 son tells me he has only caught the sun once this summer and he usually goes very brown.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Nah, you can keep your whisky and whiskey - Steve might attempt to grapple them out of your grasp but I don't care for either
If you have several cates of lager I might be interested though.....
Having spoke to my bad boys in Scotland i can only surmise that the weather is pretty similar. No 2 son tells me he has only caught the sun once this summer and he usually goes very brown.
Its bloody daft. How can we call this summer??
The weeknd was fantastic, unlike the ususal Uk bank holiday but its grey and threatening to rain as we speak. I am going to get a nice hot coffee and have a smoke........I even have to do that outside now thanks to the smoking ban.
Damn and blast.

Lager it is then.........I will make sure the barrel is ready for you when you come down to Tauranga/Papamoa/Mt Maunganui or where ever else we end up.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:39 am
conquering the world!

Its bloody daft. How can we call this summer??
The weeknd was fantastic, unlike the ususal Uk bank holiday but its grey and threatening to rain as we speak. I am going to get a nice hot coffee and have a smoke........I even have to do that outside now thanks to the smoking ban.
Damn and blast.

Lager it is then.........I will make sure the barrel is ready for you when you come down to Tauranga/Papamoa/Mt Maunganui or where ever else we end up.
I take that as an open-ended invitation - thanks mate!!
I will cure you of smoking at the same time!
To kick off with - have you ever done the wee test with the paper tissue? No?
Well, take a paper tissue and fold it in half. Take a mouthful of smoke, don't inhale and blow it out through your mouth, through one side of the tissue. Now, take a good, deep inhalation of smoke right down into your lungs and blow it out onto the other side of the tissue. Compare the two. The inhaled drag left less of a mark on the tissue? That is because the rest of it is in your lungs . Draw your own conclusions from that.........
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

I take that as an open-ended invitation - thanks mate!!
I will cure you of smoking at the same time!
To kick off with - have you ever done the wee test with the paper tissue? No?
Well, take a paper tissue and fold it in half. Take a mouthful of smoke, don't inhale and blow it out through your mouth, through one side of the tissue. Now, take a good, deep inhalation of smoke right down into your lungs and blow it out onto the other side of the tissue. Compare the two. The inhaled drag left less of a mark on the tissue? That is because the rest of it is in your lungs . Draw your own conclusions from that.........
Gonna try that when I get home.

I did say to Rog that when the house sells I would give up one or the other, just can't do both. I hear ciggies are expensive in NZ. If thats the case I should give it up now really. The NHS are even helping with prescription charge patches as well so no time like the present I suppose.

Let me just finish this pack......
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:06 am
conquering the world!

I did say to Rog that when the house sells I would give up one or the other, just can't do both. I hear ciggies are expensive in NZ. If thats the case I should give it up now really. The NHS are even helping with prescription charge patches as well so no time like the present I suppose.

Keep the drink - ditch the fags!!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

jaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the rough

Its not the ciggies that are expensive its the health care/ cigs I'm Not a smoker but OH is costs a fortune or a drop in brand standard if you want to carry on when you get here. Don't get any help here in NZ OH gave up for a year but stress of move started him off again.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

spoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nice

Originally Posted by THR
quote remove. .

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 30th 2007 at 11:30 pm. Reason: As per removed post.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=brussels_sprout;5251103]
Originally Posted by Bellasmum

No, one of my rellies lived on Chatham islands for many years, and he was telling me about the Moriori people (they were a very peaceful people) and what the Maoris did to them. He had done many studies on the Moriori people, it was strongly suspected that they lived in NZ before the Maoris too
Brussels that was a long held view however DNA testing suggests that Moriori and Maori may well be one and the same.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:38 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

[QUOTE=Bellasmum;5254884]
Originally Posted by brussels_sprout

Brussels that was a long held view however DNA testing suggests that Moriori and Maori may well be one and the same.
Similar testing in the UK suggests that the Danes and Anglo Saxons may well be one and the same.

The difference being a few hundred years and a lot of attitude
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Bellasmum;5254884]
Originally Posted by brussels_sprout

My rellies tell me that is NOT correct. The Moriori lived hundreds of years before the Maoris (maybe they were more like the NZ equivalent of the Aboriginals in Oz), they were originally warlike, but became very peaceful after seeing their population decreasing. They WERE very different from Maoris, they did not kill off all the birds and animals where they lived, preferring to manage the available food sources.
They lived on the Chatham islands and on mainland New Zealand. The last Moriori, Tommy Solomon only died in the last century. My relly built some community houses on the Chathams and he said that he came across Moriori relics frequently.

My rellies told me that some trolls lived on the Chathams too, statues were built in their likeness (complete with outrageously coloured hair and wide eyes), jaunty rubber relics that the ancient people used to fit on top of pencils have been found in many archaelogical sites. It was very difficult to tell whether a troll was male or female, or even a parent

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Aug 30th 2007 at 10:26 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

With respect to your rello, DNA is pretty convincing Brussels

They also did not kill off all the birds and animals where they lived, preferring to manage the available food sources.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.