Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sacla Pasta Sauces

Sacla Pasta Sauces

Old Apr 8th 2014, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sacla Pasta Sauces

Originally Posted by Catchafire
At the risk of sounding sarkie, a couple of tins of Italian crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, some chicken stock (we use cubes) and some fresh basil, makes a pretty good pasta sauce. Pass it through a sieve if you don't like the lumps.
Cut two chillies up (or one if your not overly keen on spice but remove the seeds) and add some oregano to that, and you have my home made pasta sauce.

You could also add some Italian cheese to it, which I sometimes do if making for one - delicious

It is much easier to be lazy and buy the sauce but sometimes its good fun cooking your own sauces
Old Apr 8th 2014, 3:30 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
Cut two chillies up (or one if your not overly keen on spice but remove the seeds) and add some oregano to that, and you have my home made pasta sauce.

You could also add some Italian cheese to it, which I sometimes do if making for one - delicious

It is much easier to be lazy and buy the sauce but sometimes its good fun cooking your own sauces
Add some chorizo and mushrooms, mix it up on a plate of spaghetti, bottle of red wine....now we are talking!
Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:19 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
At the risk of sounding sarkie, a couple of tins of Italian crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, some chicken stock (we use cubes) and some fresh basil, makes a pretty good pasta sauce. Pass it through a sieve if you don't like the lumps.
Or, even quicker/ lazier, use wattles pesto toms or any of their other ones. I used to buy pasta sauce in the UK but never here cos it is so bland and sweet
Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I can grow basil but I can't eat pesto.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daisy616
Wow - really? That's a very generous offer - thank you Hebe!
I like quite strong flavours so I like all of what Sacla now call the 'Intenso' range.. tomato & chilli, tomato & olive, red onion & gorgonzola, and variations thereof, with garlic, peppers etc.

(You should put some in jars and sell them at the St Heliers Artisan market - they could do with something to spice it up!)

I have time on my hands too, so no excuses really - just don't enjoy cooking!
As you're so close, maybe we can meet up anyway for a coffee or whatever?
Mission accepted. Let's see what I can do. Coffee or something else pleasing to the palate sounds good too!