Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sacla Pasta Sauces

Sacla Pasta Sauces

Old Apr 7th 2014, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Daisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sacla Pasta Sauces

Has anyone found any shops selling Sacla sauces? Or can anyone recommend an NZ alternative? The 'Leggo's' for instance are jars of sugary tomatoes IMO and just don't work..

Thanks in advance for any info!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 7:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sacla Pasta Sauces

I think I've seen these in Countdown but it will depend on your Countdown as to whether they stock or not.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Daisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I think I've seen these in Countdown but it will depend on your Countdown as to whether they stock or not.
Thanks Bevs, will check again there, but I've only seen their Pesto sauce there, none of the tomato based Pasta sauces. Maybe I need to do a tour of all Countdowns in AKL!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

I'll have a look in my local one at some point too and get back to you if I find any
(Also in Auckland)
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:07 am
`

Originally Posted by Daisy616
Thanks Bevs, will check again there, but I've only seen their Pesto sauce there, none of the tomato based Pasta sauces. Maybe I need to do a tour of all Countdowns in AKL!
Erk!

Nightmare.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I have only ever seen the jars of pesto but don't generally look at any of the jars of Pasta sauces as they're all sugary gloop as far as I can gather. For lazy standby I sometimes get a tub of fresh Pomodoro sauce from the fridge section when they're on special and add in my own veggies and whatnot.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 10:46 am
`

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I have only ever seen the jars of pesto but don't generally look at any of the jars of Pasta sauces.
Do they hit you between the eyes like a Harry Potter HoneyDukes piece of confectionery ?
Old Apr 7th 2014, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Do they hit you between the eyes like a Harry Potter HoneyDukes piece of confectionery ?

Perhaps one needs to tap ones wand on the shelf at Countdown and shout "Dissendium" to revel the secret passageway to all the good stuff.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 11:13 am
`

Perhaps one needs to tap ones wand on the shelf at Countdown and shout "Dissendium" to revel the secret passageway to all the good stuff.
I've more than occasionally had a static electrickery bolt from trying to gain that little something extra.

I'm thinking of trading in my troll whisker wand .
Old Apr 7th 2014, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm thinking of trading in my troll whisker wand .
Will you upgrade to Troll Whisker Wand 2010 or 2013? I think 2013 still has some bugs with the partitioning on the i-Trollcontroller service, some have reported problems with old index components and you need to check that old index replicas are in sync with the primaries. I heard its especially bothersome in TrimDuplicates mode or when ReconcileId is required while retrieving the user account and the query fails.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:29 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

At the risk of sounding sarkie, a couple of tins of Italian crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, some chicken stock (we use cubes) and some fresh basil, makes a pretty good pasta sauce. Pass it through a sieve if you don't like the lumps.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all, I shall keep looking.

Catchafire - no I don't think suggesting making my own is sarkie, it's obviously the best way to go! But I actually prefer the variety as well as the taste and texture of Sacla sauces over what I have managed to produce. And I'm lazy in the kitchen so a jar is easier!
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:03 am
`

Will you upgrade to Troll Whisker Wand 2010 or 2013? I think 2013 still has some bugs with the partitioning on the i-Trollcontroller service, some have reported problems with old index components and you need to check that old index replicas are in sync with the primaries. I heard its especially bothersome in TrimDuplicates mode or when ReconcileId is required while retrieving the user account and the query fails.
I'm thinking that whittling the last wooden spoon left lying around might do it. A debello spamtastico.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

I have time on my hands and you are only up the road from me - what flavours do you like? I will make you some - the wonders of loving to cook and a thermomix which just makes it a lot quicker!
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:04 am
Just Joined

Wow - really? That's a very generous offer - thank you Hebe!
I like quite strong flavours so I like all of what Sacla now call the 'Intenso' range.. tomato & chilli, tomato & olive, red onion & gorgonzola, and variations thereof, with garlic, peppers etc.

(You should put some in jars and sell them at the St Heliers Artisan market - they could do with something to spice it up!)

I have time on my hands too, so no excuses really - just don't enjoy cooking!
As you're so close, maybe we can meet up anyway for a coffee or whatever?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.