British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Rydges Auckland hotel (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/rydges-auckland-hotel-503051/)

reecefam Jan 2nd 2008 7:40 pm

Rydges Auckland hotel

Hi...the four of us are trying to come over for a recci in April...can anyone advise wht the Rydges Auckland hotel is like...or if anyone knows anywhere better value for money?
thanks
Martin

happynz Jan 2nd 2008 8:32 pm

Re: Rydges Auckland hotel

Sorry, I can't offer any advice about accommodation in Auckland as I don't live there anymore (:)). I just wanted to say that I'm surprised to see you still expressing an interest in New Zealand. Didn't your prospective employer jack you around concerning starting dates? Have you a new offer or has your first prospective employer finally got its act together?

Nice to see you (in a cyber manner so to speak) again.

reecefam Jan 2nd 2008 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5730945)
Sorry, I can't offer any advice about accommodation in Auckland as I don't live there anymore (:)). I just wanted to say that I'm surprised to see you still expressing an interest in New Zealand. Didn't your prospective employer jack you around concerning starting dates? Have you a new offer or has your first prospective employer finally got its act together?

Nice to see you (in a cyber manner so to speak) again.

Thanks for your reply...You have a great memory...yeah still with the same job offer but the idea for us to come over, is to line up some other interviews as well as put a little pressure on the existing one.
To be fair, the building plan was delayed for a year and they have always kept me up to speed...BUT...does not make it much better, especially as we were so close!

garryhg Jan 3rd 2008 8:12 am

Originally Posted by reecefam (Post 5730793)
Hi...the four of us are trying to come over for a recci in April...can anyone advise wht the Rydges Auckland hotel is like...or if anyone knows anywhere better value for money?
thanks
Martin

hi jacky g here....where about in auckland is the rydges hotel?...

welshkiwi Jan 3rd 2008 9:26 am

Hi there, Ref your query about Rydges. I have stayed there a couple times and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is one of the better 4* hotels in Auckland and would recommend to anyone wanting value for money. The hotel is situated a stones throw away from the Sky Tower and close to all amenities that the CBD has to offer.

Am Loolah Jan 3rd 2008 9:40 am

Originally Posted by welshkiwi (Post 5733153)
Hi there, Ref your query about Rydges. I have stayed there a couple times and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is one of the better 4* hotels in Auckland and would recommend to anyone wanting value for money. The hotel is situated a stones throw away from the Sky Tower and close to all amenities that the CBD has to offer.

My mum's staying there the week after next before picking up a coach tour and the travel agent rates it as one of the best in the city!:thumbup:

reecefam Jan 3rd 2008 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 5733193)
My mum's staying there the week after next before picking up a coach tour and the travel agent rates it as one of the best in the city!:thumbup:

Thanks for all you advice...as ever...it has been a great help.
Is Waiheke beach worth visiting???