Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RWC - Triumph or flop?

RWC - Triumph or flop?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:17 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RWC - Triumph or flop?

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
The trouble is nobody knows what the 'A' team is, including, it seems, the selectors.
They're easy enough to spot - they're the ones who get 'injured' during matches and training sessions.

I've just been reading about how (Kiwi) Quade Cooper had better keep his mitts off "our shining jewel" or "accept the consequences"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10753355

I'm not sure which irks more - Quade Cooper jumping ship or McCaw being so fragile.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:22 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
They're easy enough to spot - they're the ones who get 'injured' during matches and training sessions.
Or perhaps it's like how the French are playing a halfback at 1st-five this weekend?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:23 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

And versatility is wrong because.....?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:32 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
And versatility is wrong because.....?
Ask Hook.....
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:20 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Have you listened to Englishman Miles Davis on Radio Sport? He gives it to the kiwi's big time, and he seems to get high ratings. My blood is certainly not boiling.
Yeah when I saw Miles on the box I was suprised, had him down as a little bit smaller and older ...... but he can give as good as he takes, being a West Ham fan makes him the acceptable face of London (as far as football goes).

I agree that the Aussies are the great exponents of the one-eyed commentator as far as rugby and cricket goes BUT on the football side all those folks on SBS are pretty good and that Les Murray and Craig Foster know a great deal about the game as well as being very critical of their own players, management and set-up. Good on ya!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Well ... New Zealand's only the size of a city, in terms of population. We're small. We have to fight to get some sort of recognition in the big, wide world. Rugby is something we're good at, and recognised for, and helps put us on the map. The All Blacks are one of the biggest sporting brands. We want to win this damn thing !!!!! It's something we can be proud of and say ... ahhhhh .... we're not too bad at rugby.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:39 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

I think this world cup is building up very nicely. I have met and spoken to lots of foreign supporters (japanese, argentinian, welsh, irish, scot, english, aussie, south african, canadian, yanks, romanian,tongan, samoan, french) and everyone is so upbeat and friendly. The atmosphere downtown has been great and I have loved going round the viaduct at night where the atmosphere is fantastic. The rugby itself has been pretty competitive and whilst there are some obvious mis-matches in general the games have been good. Seen plenty of players to (stayed in a hotel in pahia with the canadian team) and all are very approachable. Think it is important for ABs to get in final (had so many flat times in UK when England failed again in football) but it is not a given.
So far so good
Cymru am Byth !
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:20 pm

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently some Aussie supporters felt threatened by NZ supporters at the Ireland-Australia match in the weekend. That certainly isn't cool. There's always drunken louts that ruin it.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

There's one good thing to come out of the RWC for me; there are actually people out and about on the streets, in the shops etc having fun and wearing clothing in colours other than black. It is so refreshing.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 10:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Apparently some Aussie supporters felt threatened by NZ supporters at the Ireland-Australia match in the weekend. That certainly isn't cool. There's always drunken louts that ruin it.
I wouldn't say those NZ supporters are drunk at all. It is their way. They think it's OK to be that way. Rude. Disrepsectful and all that. I just don't know how or why it has become acceptable here. So rude of other's national anthems. So rude to other teams on the field. So rude & aggressive - right in your face barracking - to other rugby supporters. It just ain't nice.

As they say at a London Irish match before a goal kick.

"Quiet in the stadium please"
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

My OH and youngest son are off to Dunedin to watch the England match. Hope they have a fab time. My son's work colleagues have bought him a big floppy hat with a Union Jack on it to wear at the match and he has promised to have a banner saying 'Look Mum, I'm on TV'

Hope they have a fab time, especially as when my husband bought the tickets, it was supposed to be him and me going and it was supposed to be in ChCh.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chippy64

Hope they have a fab time, especially as when my husband bought the tickets, it was supposed to be him and me going and it was supposed to be in ChCh.
I hope they have a fab time too. Wish you were there with them.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 5:42 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
As they say at a London Irish match before a goal kick.

"Quiet in the stadium please"
It disappointed me that there was so much noise at the kicks last week. I've always been so proud of that silence.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 5:58 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Come on France!

Old Sep 24th 2011, 9:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Come on France!
29-3 at the mo......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.