rural living

Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

unit5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rural living

hi whats your opinion as to the "prettiest / best" rural area in the north island?
Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rural living

Hi- not being funny but this is a little open ended and could really do with a bit more focus for a reply. If you provide a list of what's important to you then I'm sure you will get a better response.

m
Old Oct 10th 2009, 11:53 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

We live in what I think is one of the most stunning rural areas! Inland from the Bay of Islands in Northland
Old Oct 12th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

We live 20 minutes drive from Hamilton and all major shops oh and the place of work.
We can see Hakarimata and Te Aroha ranges on good days from our property which are just stunning views. We are surrounded by dairy farming so get the very best of all worlds. Wouldn't swap it for anything
Old Oct 13th 2009, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

We are surrounded by dairy farms and have great views of Mt Taranaki and the ocean, to me that is the best view in the North Island.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

There are a million places you can live with a rural aspect that are literally 2 or 3 minutes from any number of big towns.
Rural NZ is everywhere its not like the uk.
Each to their own but the thought of living in the middle of nowhere with no phone reception, no broadband connection unles you cough up for satelite broadband
no decent schools unless you like your kids to travell, no freinds to pop round for the kids to play/hang out with,
gravel roads wrecking your cars, dust and flies everywhere kinda leaves me cold
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:34 pm
Banned

Madmaxdeux will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by colandros
There are a million places you can live with a rural aspect that are literally 2 or 3 minutes from any number of big towns.
Each to their own but the thought of living in the middle of nowhere with no phone reception, no broadband connection unles you cough up for satelite broadband
no decent schools unless you like your kids to travell, no freinds to pop round for the kids to play/hang out with,
Not sure where your thinking of but we live in a Rural area and you painted a bleak picture which is not strictly true.

Yes there are places like that but the people who live in those areas are few and usually there through occupation or as a holiday retreat.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:47 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
that's simply not true of the rural areas I know.
We have the fastest broadband I've ever had, lovely neighbours that we all pop in for chats, no fly problem and I live on a farm, normal phone reception, oh and you'll never guess, but tar on the roads!
Not saying that there are no areas like you're describing and to some they would be bliss, but definitely where I live and surrounding areas are nothing like that at all.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 3:33 am
Banned

Madmaxdeux will become famous soon enough

What I like about rural living is the view going to work each day the happy faces and envy of people who see the location we live in. Then there is the disbelief that anyone could live in a rural location from those who only know city life and get out in the country for just weekends or a holiday.