Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

rugby help required please

rugby help required please

Old Jun 14th 2016, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

andrewwales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rugby help required please

many thanks for taking time to read this and I know im really looking for a needle in a haystack.
as im sure your aware the British and Irish Lions are travelling to your great country in june 2017.
I have decided to make it my honeymoon so you can tell how much we love rugby, only issue is tickets.
Im hoping some rally kind people are bale to help me and apply for tickets in the ballot that takes place in October, as you need to be a resident of new Zealand to apply. I will obviously IF successful pay for all costs incurred and a bit on top as a thank you. will even give double the cost of the face value.
bit of a long shot but fingers crossed and thanks for reading.

andrew
Old Jun 14th 2016, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rugby help required please

I can have a go at that for you. What games?
Old Jun 14th 2016, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew,
Welcome to BritishExpats. I'm sure you will enjoy New Zealand and hopefully can obtain some rugby tickets. I'll certainly take part in the ballot, however it looks like a lot of seats will be sold via travel packages, and very few will be available to NZ'ers. According to NZ Rugby, it is likely that games against the Super Rugby teams will have more availability, and be reasonably priced. In the meantime, here is the schedule:

2017 LIONS TOUR OF NEW ZEALAND
June 3, v NZ Provincial Barbarians, Whangarei
June 7, v Blues, Auckland
June 10, v Crusaders, Christchurch
June 13, v Highlanders, Dunedin
June 17, v Maori All Blacks, Rotorua
June 20, v Chiefs, Hamilton
June 24, v All Blacks, first Test, Auckland
June 27, v Hurricanes, Wellington
July 1, v All Blacks, second Test, Wellington
July 8, v All Blacks, third Test, Auckland

Read more: Lions ticket allocations to be decided by ballot | Sport | Newshub
Old Jun 14th 2016, 11:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As ChCh4me says , a lot are tied up to travel packages which is a shame for anyone else not needing a travel package.

Anyway. GOOD LUCK I really hope you gain some tickets as those Lions games have the most wonderful atmosphere.

Oh and.....all the best for your forthcoming wedding and honeymoon next year.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Hi Andrew,
now I know this may seem silly but im sure if your here you will be able to get tickets on the gates, probably a lot cheaper than online etc.. Ive never failed to get tickets when I have gone to any games.. You will love this place.. Its a Kiwi way of life, the ol Rugby game here mate. Best of luck for the Wedding.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 7:10 am
Just Joined

thanks a lot everyone and im happy to maybe take the risk for the 2nd and 3rd test but would like to make sure I have tickets for the 1st test ready. bearskin please email me to discuss. <snip>
if anyone else is willing to try in the ballot for me that would be amazing

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 15th 2016 at 7:51 am. Reason: Sorry, but email address removed to save you from spambots & weirdos! People can just PM or email you via the forum instead.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Parnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewwales
thanks a lot everyone and im happy to maybe take the risk for the 2nd and 3rd test but would like to make sure I have tickets for the 1st test ready. bearskin please email me to discuss. <snip>
if anyone else is willing to try in the ballot for me that would be amazing
You might find along with some tickets you could get a group together before the game to share a round or two.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 8:45 am
Just Joined

that's an even better idea
Old Jun 20th 2016, 7:21 am
Just Joined

a round before would be great but still after tickets
Old Jun 30th 2016, 1:54 pm
Just Joined