Rugby or Football

Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:55 pm
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice
Default Rugby or Football

Hi Again,

How do all the expats cope without the blanket coverage of football compared to the coverage of rugby.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:59 pm
In Albany and loving it!!

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice
Default Re: Rugby or Football

My husband is from Paignton area. TOOLEY - ever heard of them?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:02 pm
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice

Hi,

We have only been here for 3 years but we have kept ourselves to ouselves.
We fell in love with Paignton but now we just want to leave because we worry about our two young kids growing up in the UK.
Whereabouts in Paignton is your OH from.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:07 pm
In Albany and loving it!!

katracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nicekatracy is just really nice

About 10 mins from the zoo! Paignton is better than Huddersfield We can't wait to move to NZ (in about 10 wks ) We support rugby, but rather watch it live than on TV, hate football
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:10 pm
It Was Here This Morning

We live on ColleyEnd Rd(about 10 mins from the zoo, on foot).
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

I'm looking forward to it!! Can't stand football (puts up her hands to prevent being hit from footy supporters) but love rugby. Will miss going to Twickers.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:25 am
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Want2goNow
Hi Again,

How do all the expats cope without the blanket coverage of football compared to the coverage of rugby.

Its beautiful, who wants to watch blokes getting paid 50k a week kick a ball??:curse:
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:23 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Was not interested in rugby before we came here and even vowed and downed it every opportunity, however I have found myself looking for the scores and actually going to the games and semi knowing what is going on and who is actually on the field(sometimes).

But football is still better though.

Apple tree: do rugby players not get paid big money or kick the ball??

If you like Rugby there probably is no better place to be than here, there is probably as much rugby on TV here as foorball in the UK..
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:26 am
It Was Here This Morning

Originally Posted by theduke
Was not interested in rugby before we came here and even vowed and downed it every opportunity, however I have found myself looking for the scores and actually going to the games and semi knowing what is going on and who is actually on the field(sometimes).

But football is still better though.

If you like Rugby there probably is no better place to be than here, there is probably as much rugby on TV here as foorball in the UK..
Hi theduke,

strange as it may sound I am a staunch footy fan but of late have been looking at NZ rugby scores and trying to watch them on Sky Sports
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:34 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

I have started coaching my kids team just to keep my hand in, and I feel like taking the ball off them sometimes during the game and running up the field and scoring, might look a bit strange against 7year olds though.

One thing that bugs me is they call it soccer here for some stupid reason

Originally Posted by Want2goNow
Hi theduke,

strange as it may sound I am a staunch footy fan but of late have been looking at NZ rugby scores and trying to watch them on Sky Sports
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:36 am
It Was Here This Morning

I have started coaching my kids team just to keep my hand in, and I feel like taking the ball off them sometimes during the game and running up the field and scoring, might look a bit strange against 7year olds though.

One thing that bugs me is they call it soccer here for some stupid reason
Yes "soccer" it will always be footy, jumpers for goal posts 3 & in, headers & volleys etc.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:50 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

There's a small ground in St Albans Christchurch called appropriately English Park. This where a sizable number of expatriate 'soccer' tragics take in matches.

The entrance from the Cranford Street carpark

The north side of the grandstand.

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:25 pm
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

I doubt they get $150,000 a week, 10 years ago they had jobs AND played rugby, i love football, watched City home & away for years, realised as the money went up,the desire went down (like Cty!!) Went back to watching local (ish) soccer ( Unibond level), players getting 200 quid a game, by the time they travelled & trained, probably not 15 quid an hour. But its my opinion, and am entitled to it.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Both rugby and football are evil and should not be seen, heard nor spoken about
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:18 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

This is where I thought the 'soccer' games would be played when I came to Wellington...
Attached Thumbnails Rugby or Football-westpac_stadium.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.