RRV

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default RRV

Our 2 year RRV will expire on 6th Jan and we are off to OZ for a 2 week holiday on 13th Jan.

I sent in my application a month ago so that we would get our passports in early with the indefinite RRV in them.

Called immigration Chch yesterday only to be told no case office allocated yet and that it isnt possible to apply for RRV before it expire!!!

Anyone else had a similar experience!! She said we may have to apply for it 'off shore!!!" aaaaaaggggggggggghhh!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:36 am
Just Joined

wotif is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: RRV

Had a similar problem this year wanting to leave to go on a course in sydney - my RRV ran out 20th October and needed to fly to Oz 23rd October - contacted NZIS and was told they could process it on the day at my local branch (Palmerston North) - I live in Napier - I emailed and arranged a same day service - took about 10 mins to get 5 IRRV's issued at palmy.

Good luck - Neil
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:59 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV

We have been here well over 3 years and had to do ours again, i just took ours into office in town in Dunedin and they said cool , pay this and sign here all was done in 10mins, and they had not run out, we are back to UK for a hol this Christmas so needed them done as people i know have had trouble with getting back into NZ if they expire.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:01 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I thought if you did it before it expired you got a 12 month one instead of an IRRV?

Took 40 mins to get ours sorted in Wellington and 30 of that was queueing.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:48 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

We put in for ours and didn't think there was any hurry then I had the chance to go away so needed 2 passports back quickly. Send them a fax and stated I was going away etc and they were ready for pick up in 48hrs. They were very good and helpful in Chc. Good luck..
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

I would contact them and visit the office with the tickets. When we did ours, i was told that if you need one again right away, just bring the tickets to the office and they would process on the spot. That was in chch.

The chch office is very busy and that is why you are in the queue for so long. It can take 30 days.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

There is a guide to RRVs which may assist:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...eroctober1995/
Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Thanks folks. You were spot on Rob it arrived Saturday with a 12 month visa inside so we will apply again next December for the indefinite one!!!