Rough timescales

Old Aug 16th 2006, 10:41 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Rough timescales

Hi there,

I'm not sure with the new selection system as my previous attempt to emigrate (which failed...NOT due to me may I add), was under the old system. Don't worry it never even got to the case officer stage...we ended up in Welly as my ex scored a job when we got there, shame she jacked it after 1 day forcing us back (and all the shipping, cat etc). Anyways, that's history, I'm looking at applying under the Skilled Worker route (enough points), and just wondered what the rough timescale would be from EOI selection to the point where we could actually go? Also, I believe we could fly out, validate any visa/passport and then return to the UK to sort shipping etc, with up to 2 years to play with? I'm not planning this route in reality as my partner should be able to score employment before we go, but I just wondered as it is an option......

Thanks in advance, Rich
Old Aug 17th 2006, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

IainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really niceIainW is just really nice
Default Re: Rough timescales

Originally Posted by theguitardoctor
Hi there,

I'm not sure with the new selection system as my previous attempt to emigrate (which failed...NOT due to me may I add), was under the old system. Don't worry it never even got to the case officer stage...we ended up in Welly as my ex scored a job when we got there, shame she jacked it after 1 day forcing us back (and all the shipping, cat etc). Anyways, that's history, I'm looking at applying under the Skilled Worker route (enough points), and just wondered what the rough timescale would be from EOI selection to the point where we could actually go? Also, I believe we could fly out, validate any visa/passport and then return to the UK to sort shipping etc, with up to 2 years to play with? I'm not planning this route in reality as my partner should be able to score employment before we go, but I just wondered as it is an option......

Thanks in advance, Rich
If you have a job offer, then EOI to PR stamp can be very quick indeed, NZIS will bend over backwards to get your paperwork in place if your job offer is time constrained, but in any case you could probably be done and dusted in a couple of months. Without an offer it's more variable - we submitted an EOI in September 2004 and had our PR stamp on 1st April 2005(!), so around 6 months start to finish. Things may have speeded up since then, but I reckon allow 6-7 months overall to be safe.

After your PR is approved, you have (I think) 3 months to submit your passport to get it stamped and once you have your PR stamp, you have 12 months in which to first enter the country. After that the 2 years returning resident visa kicks in. So no great need to come over before selling up and getting everything sorted.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IainW

After your PR is approved, you have (I think) 3 months to submit your passport to get it stamped and once you have your PR stamp, you have 12 months in which to first enter the country. After that the 2 years returning resident visa kicks in. So no great need to come over before selling up and getting everything sorted.
you have 6 months from approval to get your blue stamps in your passport, then 12 months to enter the country then, as Iain says, you get a 2 yr RRV
Vicki
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:38 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all the info guys....