Rotorua anyone?

Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rotorua anyone?

Hello
A couple of months ago there seemed to be a few people all moving to Rotorua. Just wondering if any of you have landed.

Gill and Rob
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rotorua anyone?

sorry to be negative but I stayed their a couple of nights on holiday last year and I can still smell the sulphur( i think thats the correct term.)
Waking up in the morning felt like you had been druged, the smell was even coming up the plug holes. It definitely takes some getting used too.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:27 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

The smell varies quite a bit.

In warmer weather it's definitely more pungent!

Going by the few days we've been there each time!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

We live on the West side of town so have virtually no smell of sulphur. There is only a few areas in town that you can actually smell it.

As I have said before you will definately smell it around Fenton Street where the majority of motels are, as Rotorua District Council and the Tourist Board "pipe" the smell in specifically for the visitors

Gill
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Hello Gill,
From what I gather no complaints from Mark!!! Rotorua Please say "Hello" from me and a big "Hello" to Julian too.... Rotorua Hospital certainly has some good ex Walsall staff!!!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Hello Gill,
From what I gather no complaints from Mark!!! Rotorua Please say "Hello" from me and a big "Hello" to Julian too.... Rotorua Hospital certainly has some good ex Walsall staff!!!!!!

Mark Loves it here. He's just been getting a puppy !!!

Cheers
Gill
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Mark Loves it here. He's just been getting a puppy !!!

Cheers
Gill
Awww now thats serious settling stuff!!!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:44 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! Puppies are bloody hard work but worth it!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

pedalmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there Gill and Rob.Dont come on the forum much so only just noticed your post.We are still on course for our move to Rotorua next May.My other half is coming over in November for 2 weeks to do the bike taupo and to have a good look at our move.I am not coming over as the thought of taking the kids on the plane again then to return fills me with dread and the cost involved.(one has special needs aswell and cant sit still for more than a few mins!!!!!)so I,ll save the flights for the journey next year.He is looking forward to it as we have never seen the nz summer and it must look fantastic around rotorua?
In the meantime we continue to save every penny we have but we still seem to spend to much.

Cheers Claire
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Anyone else thinking of Rotorua as a destination?

Gill
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:19 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Gill
Did once and the place stinks (thats humour guys )

We have friends out towards Galetea plains farmers originally from Cornwall
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Gill
I think we are coming there now instead of Tauranga.

Whats Lynmore like? OH has a job offer with Godfrey Haulage based in Allen mills Road.

I will need help here as the OH is not looking so forward to it now. And thats mainly because people have told him about the smells.

HELP

Nici
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kato33

Whats Lynmore like? OH has a job offer with Godfrey Haulage based in Allen mills Road.

I will need help here as the OH is not looking so forward to it now. And thats mainly because people have told him about the smells.

HELP

Nici
Lynmore is on the east side of town toward the airport. Houses are over priced and it's full of Brits, who think it's the posh area of town. You will find estate agents will push that area, but there are other areas much nicer and more affordable. You do hae to drive alng Te Ngae road to get there and there is a slight smell depending on the wind.

Don't let anyone put you off about the smell, Rotorua is agreat place to live and work. Even better if you live on the west side of town.

Any specific quetions, just ask.
Gill
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kato33

HELP

Nici
Hi Nici
Rotorua is certainly nothing like as bad as you might imagine and the leevl of the sulphur small varies according to where you are in the city.
If your OH is a driver and he meets the class 5 requirements then he would certainly find work in tauranga. There is a huge number of haulage firms in and aroud the port who are looking for class 5 drivers.
You could always accept the job in Rotorua and then move to tauranga when he finds work for a company in Tauranga.
Finding work in this area from overseas is really difficult. In my experience, it's certainly much easier when you get on the ground over here. The pay for truck drivers over here is not up to much though. Around $20/hour is about the maximum.
Hope this helps. Let me know by PM is there's any other advice you need.

Paul
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulGent
Hi Nici
Rotorua is certainly nothing like as bad as you might imagine and the leevl of the sulphur small varies according to where you are in the city.
If your OH is a driver and he meets the class 5 requirements then he would certainly find work in tauranga. There is a huge number of haulage firms in and aroud the port who are looking for class 5 drivers.
You could always accept the job in Rotorua and then move to tauranga when he finds work for a company in Tauranga.
Finding work in this area from overseas is really difficult. In my experience, it's certainly much easier when you get on the ground over here. The pay for truck drivers over here is not up to much though. Around $20/hour is about the maximum.
Hope this helps. Let me know by PM is there's any other advice you need.

Paul
I am a little worried about it not suiting him down in Rotorua to be honest.
Also, they have just told us (and I mean literally) that he will be doing permanent nights, 4pm till 6am..........quality of life has just gone of the scale then for us. And at $16.50/hour I am a little concerned.

The thing is, how can you just get up and leave for another job after they have helped get you in the country???? I would feel awful, and I know OH will too.

Nici

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.