ROTORUA???

Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ROTORUA???

I'll send you a PM.
Gill
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

tom_hartley will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys,

I am new on here, me and my girlfriend are moving to Rotorua on the 28th June! I wanted to know if there are any expats out there as we will be on are own and would like to meet people out there?? Hoping we settle in quickly and it is not too quiet for us!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

hokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud of

Me too - me too!! Me and hubby hoping to be in Rotorua by end of July. Have been wee bit worried bout some slightly negative comments bout Rotorua but am learning to filter those out and listen to the folks that actually live there and know what they are talking about! I have it on good authority that the whole place doesnt smell like rotten eggs as per popular belief - to me looks like a great place to live - loads to do and very central for commuting to Taupo, Tauranga etc. We would also definitely be interested in meeting up for a pint and making some new friends.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

We are heading to Rotorua in the next month or so and are well up for a drink or three!!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Good to hear other people are out there, would be great to meet up for a drink, I have visited Rotorua and trust me it doesn't smell in the majority of the town, especially when it isnt windy, you also get very used to the smell when you are in that area but it is not that bad, it is a great place and one of the better places to live in NZ!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom_hartley
Good to hear other people are out there, would be great to meet up for a drink, I have visited Rotorua and trust me it doesn't smell in the majority of the town, especially when it isnt windy, you also get very used to the smell when you are in that area but it is not that bad, it is a great place and one of the better places to live in NZ!
We have never set foot in NZ but cant wait to get there!!
I have a job in Rotorua hospital. What about you?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Hello
I thought it was about time someone promoted Rotorua as a destination.

Any questions about the hospital just ask. Where are you going to be working?
Cheers
Gill
Have sent you a PM.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom_hartley

Absolutely Tom, Rotorua's a great place to live. There's loads to do, whatever your age group, it's small enough to be friendly, yet big enough for there to be heaps of space and all the facilities you'd expect . It's an easy journey to Taupo, Tauranga or Hamilton, and really pretty much in N.Island is pretty accessible.

I rarely notice the smell, honest. It does seem to be more noticeable just before rain, and in certain parts of town, but unless you're planning on camping out in Kirirau Park it's really not likely to impact on you.

My family have been here for a year and we all love it, well settled, happy, life is good for us. So, OK, I'm biaised, but I reckon you've all made a great decision in choosing this area.

There's quite a few British ex pats over here, and I guess my social circle these days is 50/50 Brit & Kiwi, which is great. I'm definitely up for any meet ups being planned though
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RobDon
We have never set foot in NZ but cant wait to get there!!
I have a job in Rotorua hospital. What about you?
I have a job running Koura Lodge (a hotel) we cannot wait to get started, we were meant to go out 1st June but had to wait for visa to come through, was a relief when it did!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

It really is a great place. We have been here 6 years.

Gill and Rob.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well that looks like a few more Brits heading our way Cate.
Great job... Koura Lodge !!

Keep in touch.
Gill
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Well that looks like a few more Brits heading our way Cate.
Great job... Koura Lodge !!

Keep in touch.
Gill
Fantastic

Kouru Lodge sounds good, never been there (yet ...I am trying to slowly work my way through the bars, cafe's & restaurants in Rotorua, so if it's got a bar chances are I'll find my way there eventually ). Good luck with the job Tom.

So Gill, what about this meet up? Any ideas when & where..... shall we plan for one in maybe a month or so.....then another when RobDon and Hokey Pokey arrive....... or just wait? You know me, I'm happy with just about any excuse for a drink and a chatter
Old Jun 25th 2009, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of
Smile Re: ROTORUA???

Any one fancy a drink in Rotorua?

Anyone new moved here?

Gill
Hello Gill and Rob

We arrived in Rotorua about 4weeks ago. We moved into our rental last Friday - with Tomks' help!!!
Our container arrived on Tuesday.... How many boxes !!!
I now know the recycling chaps by their first names!!!

Look forward to meeting up with you all soon, let us know when and where!

Thanks to all of the expats who have helped our family make a trouble free move into Rotorua and our new home.

Steelblue's OH
x
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:57 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steelblue
Hello Gill and Rob

We arrived in Rotorua about 4weeks ago. We moved into our rental last Friday - with Tomks' help!!!
Our container arrived on Tuesday.... How many boxes !!!
I now know the recycling chaps by their first names!!!

Look forward to meeting up with you all soon, let us know when and where!

Thanks to all of the expats who have helped our family make a trouble free move into Rotorua and our new home.

Steelblue's OH
x
Congarts on your arrival. And karma to Tomks for helping you out.