Roofing and cladding

Wikiposts

Roofing and cladding

Old Aug 19th 2013, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

fordhjn is on a distinguished road
Default Roofing and cladding

Hi can any one tell me how the construction trade is getting on
I see quite a lot for jobs advertised but don't no weather to send cv out to them
Iv been wanting to come out for a few years and it got to a point were i aether do it now or forget it any help would be grateful
Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:07 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roofing and cladding

Most roofing here is in long run colour steel , steel tiles , no much concrete or clay tiles , cladding comes in all sorts of materials.

When I went to come in as a roofer in 04 , roofing was not on the skills shortage list , but lucky Calder Stewart's roofing lobbied the immigration deprt and got it changed .

Try some of the larger roofing firms on South Island , most work is now in Christchurch due to earthquake rebuild .

Good luck .
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

fordhjn is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that info
Do you think it would be worth sending my cv to all the company's and agency's advertising for workers telling them I'm applying for a work visa and wish to move out there
Iv a list of roofing and building company's out in NZ but unsure how they will react I no I've nothing to lose
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:45 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Check the companies who are accredited to employ from uk , only some are allowed to do that , Calder Stewart construction a a good one on the South Island , not sure if they still have roofing business here in Dunedin and Chch ?

I'm sure immigration has a list of companies who can employ from abroad.

Worth a try to ask companies , but remember most of them would want you here in nz , it's a bit of a viscous circle , so will employ abroad . Some want you here.

Good luck