Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can update

Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can update

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:40 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

Originally Posted by chippy64
Thank you x
Myself and Anne have the info on our facebooks, I have saved and posted the photo. I cant imagine how you must be feeling, they were saying on the news that the phone lines are damaged or something so people might not be able to get through.

Keep us posted, just wish we could be of more help.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

I am so grateful for all the support in this nightmare time. My hearts also go out to those that know they have lost a loved one.

I have left details with the Foreign Office which they say they will pass onto the British Consular, so if Kevin or Sam get in touch they will let me know.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Christchurch Mayor Bob Parker says police have set up an emergency call centre.

People are being told to phone 0800 Red Cross (0800 733 276) to report a missing person.

Main welfare centre is Burnside High School.

Civil Defence said a welfare centre would open at Papanui High School at approximately 8pm.

Lyttelton Recreation Centre, Brooklands Community Centre and Akaroa Senior School are also open as welfare centres.

People should expect aftershocks, which are impossible to predict with any accuracy.

Water supplies have been disrupted throughout most of the city. If it rains, residents are asked to collect water in buckets if possible. Residents are advised to conserve water and boil drinking water for three minutes.

There will be a water plan put in place to get water to the community, Civil Defence says.

Portaloos will be deployed, however this may take some time.

Power will remain off in the CBD and eastern suburbs overnight.

Tomorrow's kerbside collection is cancelled to the Brighton and coastal areas.

The central city of Christchurch remains closed to traffic. The central city business district has been cordoned off and police are warning people to stay away from the areas within Madras, St Asaph, Montreal and Kilmore Streets for their own safety and to let emergency services do their job. People who try to get into the cordoned off areas will be turned away.

Cordons will be pushed out to the Four Avenues overnight.

There is reported damage in other parts of the city including Lyttelton.

POLICE ADVICE

- Stay out of the central city
- Stay at home unless it is absolutely necessary to travel
-Check the welfare of your neighbours - especially the elderly
-Conserve water

The Lyttleton road tunnel is closed and there are rockfalls on the Summit Road so please avoid these areas. Ferrymead Bridge is closed.

For roads information go to the New Zealand Transport Agency .

Emergency triage centres for the injured are operating at Latimer Square, Canterbury University and the Sanitarium Building in Papanui - not South City or the Spotlight Mall, Sydenham.

CIVIL DEFENCE ADVICE

- Expect aftershocks.
- Each time you feel one, drop, cover, and hold on.
- Help those around you if you can.

Only attend A and E at the hospital if absolutely essential. For other injuries, contact your nearest after hours medical centre.

Listen to the radio for advice and information.

The government helpline is 0800 779 997.

Schools and Early Childhood Services closed

All schools and early childhood services in Christchurch City have been closed until further notice.

The Ministry is advising schools and Early Childhood Services in Waimakariri and Selwyn Districts to close on Wednesday to allow time to assess the situation.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/cold...brians-4038527

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 22nd 2011 at 11:58 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Where is adamlt1972?

Is he ok?
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

pasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nicepasturesnew is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

Am really sorry to hear of this very bad news, stay strong people.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I am so grateful for all the support in this nightmare time. My hearts also go out to those that know they have lost a loved one.

I have left details with the Foreign Office which they say they will pass onto the British Consular, so if Kevin or Sam get in touch they will let me know.
If you can get on to the nz Herald page www.nzherald.co.nz there is a link in the top right corner for people looking for family and friends, (Christchurch Earthquake person finder). Keep strong xx

Addy : just put your names in and see already got it covered x

Last edited by j19fmm; Feb 22nd 2011 at 2:05 pm. Reason: added a bit
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:22 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Chippy, so sorry to hear that you haven't had any news yet. Keeping everything crossed for you, I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this must be for you. Stay strong xxx
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts to ALL in Christchurch from the UK.

Steve
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Thoughts are with all you guys in Christchurch.

Chippy i hope you have good news real soon.

Facebook have a page Adopt a Cantabrian that i have joined offering Accommodation for people wanting to get out of the city for a while. Spare bedroom here in Welly for anyone wanting a break.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:32 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - has anyone heard anything from Chippy? I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes - it's all more real somehow. God, I hope her son and husband are ok.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Hows it all going guys over there?
I am reading the reports on the Herald.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:27 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
OMG - has anyone heard anything from Chippy? I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes - it's all more real somehow. God, I hope her son and husband are ok.
Joining you from the US forum and feeling the same way. Sending my sympathies to everyone in NZ affected and hoping for some good news from Chippy.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:33 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

keeping everything crossed for you Chippy
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear you are going through this again.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Has anyone heard from Wiz and Ton and their gorgeous baby? I used to love reading their blog, from here, on the other side of the world.

Stay safe everyone.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
keeping everything crossed for you Chippy
Ditto. Much love to you. Hoping you hear something very soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.