Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can update

Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can update

Old Feb 26th 2011, 1:45 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

Hi guys! Great news that so many have made it through unscathed - physically at least. Sad news from us is that a few people I know have lost friends or family close to them. What do you say? I am lost for words.

Cassa del Wiz'n'ton has had another good shake. More stuff broken inside, and some major liquefaction going on outside which has seen me barrowing the stuff out to the road for 2 days straight. Had a hard day of it on my own on Weds, but word got out and a veritable army (including - ironically enough - the Army) decended on us and we got the job pretty much knocked out by days end. Some major liquefaction under the house has seen the rear left and right corners move giving us some nice big cracks, but it is still habitable. Inside looks awesome! So lucky compared to so many of our friends.

Mrs Wiz'n'Ton is doing well with a brave face on, but the frickin aftershocks soon see it slip. She then shows what I have so far managed to hide.

Appreciate the offer of help Persephone, but reckon I'm all good now so will be out to help the neighbours tomorrow.

Thoughts are with you all - and only happy to help with labour, cooking, room for the night or simply a drinking buddy (my favourite bit ) just shout.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 5:34 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call - BE people of Xchurch if & when they or someone that knows them can up

What a great thread.... You guys rock!!
I was SO scared... Can't describe & can't stop crying.
Am in AKL & have told work i will not be going back down...

Trying to figure out what's next for moi....

Hope u're all well
Old Feb 26th 2011, 8:45 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Hi guys! Great news that so many have made it through unscathed - physically at least. Sad news from us is that a few people I know have lost friends or family close to them. What do you say? I am lost for words.

Cassa del Wiz'n'ton has had another good shake. More stuff broken inside, and some major liquefaction going on outside which has seen me barrowing the stuff out to the road for 2 days straight. Had a hard day of it on my own on Weds, but word got out and a veritable army (including - ironically enough - the Army) decended on us and we got the job pretty much knocked out by days end. Some major liquefaction under the house has seen the rear left and right corners move giving us some nice big cracks, but it is still habitable. Inside looks awesome! So lucky compared to so many of our friends.

Mrs Wiz'n'Ton is doing well with a brave face on, but the frickin aftershocks soon see it slip. She then shows what I have so far managed to hide.

Appreciate the offer of help Persephone, but reckon I'm all good now so will be out to help the neighbours tomorrow.

Thoughts are with you all - and only happy to help with labour, cooking, room for the night or simply a drinking buddy (my favourite bit ) just shout.
Originally Posted by Matewx

Hope u're all well
Glad you're all OK..... stay safe
Old Feb 26th 2011, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx

Hope u're all well
So pleased that you are safe. Welcome home
Old Feb 28th 2011, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all at BE

We are all ok after the new shake in Chch, luckily this time we suffered no damage at all as we are out in Rolly and a good 30 odd km from the epicentre.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones and had their property destroyed, its pretty devestating to think the beautiful city we know will be changed forever

For anybody who has not heard this poem I think it sums it up

What the drummer said to the drum

You miserable low life bastard.
We saw you on the fourth of September calling into town on your spineless spine, giving us a flick and looking us over.
It was an earthquake then for the yellow pages. Remember the torch, the bottles of water.
In September you were just the piano player, tinkling the ivories. In moustache. Pretty out there. Eyeing the women on the dance floor.
Then my o my you waited!
I saw you the other day run up a blind alley full of hatred and dark breath. Black clouds only pity us.
You held us down on the jagged ground. You shook the streets and the city buildings. You tore the spire from the cathedral.
And all those people.
The tourists taking photographs, the babies taken in pairs, the hikers in the hills.
The ones buried beneath us still.
You miserable bastard of a thing!
The time has come.
Said the drummer to the drum.
When I can make no sense of it

Gary McCormick
Old Mar 1st 2011, 7:41 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Matewx! Relieved to hear you're ok. Great to hear many are well, our thoughts are with those who lost friends and loved ones. Big admiration for all those helping out, wish we could do something.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 7:57 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Hi all at BE

We are all ok after the new shake in Chch, luckily this time we suffered no damage at all as we are out in Rolly and a good 30 odd km from the epicentre.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones and had their property destroyed, its pretty devestating to think the beautiful city we know will be changed forever

We saw you on the fourth of September calling into town on your spineless spine, giving us a flick and looking us over.
It was an earthquake then for the yellow pages. Remember the torch, the bottles of water.
In September you were just the piano player, tinkling the ivories. In moustache. Pretty out there. Eyeing the women on the dance floor.
Then my o my you waited!
I saw you the other day run up a blind alley full of hatred and dark breath. Black clouds only pity us.
You held us down on the jagged ground. You shook the streets and the city buildings. You tore the spire from the cathedral.
And all those people.
The tourists taking photographs, the babies taken in pairs, the hikers in the hills.
The time has come.

Gary McCormick
Wow, that sums it all up very well for me a mere outsider.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alan, thought about you the other day and glad to see you're OK.

Kristina
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kristina

Yeah we are all well and good, the factory got a bit of a shake on the say of the quake and we had to evacuate but in the grand scheme of things we got off scott free.

I had been posted missing for a while there as my last job blocked access to this site but now I have moved jobs yet again I am back in and catching up on everything I have missed

Nice to see alll the Chch regualrs are all safe and well
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:29 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alanmacc

Then my o my you waited!
And all those people.
The time has come.

Gary McCormick
just found this footage of Gary McCormick reading this, it really heightens the emotions behind it I think:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/vi...lery_id=117054
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
just found this footage of Gary McCormick reading this, it really heightens the emotions behind it I think:
Thank you for the link - I found it very emotional to watch.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Gives me goosebumps when ever i hear him reading it, he does have a way with words
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Just. Wow.

My thoughts are with everyone down there.
xxx
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Gail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really niceGail5 is just really nice

We're thinking about you all - take care, keep safe