RNZAF salary

Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice
Default RNZAF salary

Hello one and all this is our first post... i think on the new zealand board

My husband and i are in the very early stages of looking at moving to New Zealand.At the moment my hubby works as a technician in the raf due to leave june 2009.
we have been looking at jobs in civvy street and the air force we are unsure about the pay with the RNZAF.
Is there anyone here made the move between the 2 forces who can give us advice, i have read through the long thread but it didn't give us much information and its outdated.

Q1. What is the pay for jnr ranks?
Q2. Is there immediate promotion from british rank i have heard different rumours? (he turned down promotion in the uk).
Q3.what is the standard of married quarters like?

sorry for all the questions

thanks in advance
Errin and Dave
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF salary

Originally Posted by lossiepickle
Hello one and all this is our first post... i think on the new zealand board

My husband and i are in the very early stages of looking at moving to New Zealand.At the moment my hubby works as a technician in the raf due to leave june 2009.
we have been looking at jobs in civvy street and the air force we are unsure about the pay with the RNZAF.
Is there anyone here made the move between the 2 forces who can give us advice, i have read through the long thread but it didn't give us much information and its outdated.

Q1. What is the pay for jnr ranks?
Q2. Is there immediate promotion from british rank i have heard different rumours? (he turned down promotion in the uk).
Q3.what is the standard of married quarters like?

sorry for all the questions

thanks in advance
Errin and Dave
is there anyone out there that can answer my questions
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Try this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367702

Good luck
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by teebrown
thanks for the reply,i looked through that thread
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

rebecca_brew is an unknown quantity at this point

Just Bumping this thread as I would be interested in any responses too, the other thread is a bit hazy on the rank structuring and there is no information on Junior ranks pay scales...thanks for any info anyone who has transferred already can give us
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought about emailing them directly and asking them? We are going the Army route and we emailed them all the questions and they were brilliant and so helpful.

It may be better to get it from the Horses Mouth, so to speak.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by teebrown
Have you thought about emailing them directly and asking them? We are going the Army route and we emailed them all the questions and they were brilliant and so helpful.

It may be better to get it from the Horses Mouth, so to speak.
lol i never thought of that one lol thanx teebrown
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

rebecca_brew is an unknown quantity at this point

We tried this last year but they said it's done on a case by case basis and you would need to wait for an offer of service..
I understand they can't give definite figures but an idea of what other people were offered would be a huge help to us.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rebecca_brew
We tried this last year but they said it's done on a case by case basis and you would need to wait for an offer of service..
I understand they can't give definite figures but an idea of what other people were offered would be a huge help to us.
just bumping this up
there has to be someone able to answer my questions
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

tristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nice

Hiya

I may be of some help. I am joining the RNZAF, We are due to go in Aug 09.

Not sure what junior ranks get ( how junior? ) I am going in as a SNCO on between $60 & $70 K also got my Raf pension ( this really makes a difference so i'm told ) I know you do not get bumped up a rank when you go. You may get some seniority, but you have to do the time. I lost 3 years seniority and will need to do min' 3 years before i can be considered.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

tristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nice

Hi

Forgot the other bit. By their own words, the married quarters are not any where near the standard of ours. No heating, no carpets, no curtains, not cheap. They actually give you an allowance to live out!!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tristar.

I'm just finishing my 12 years in june & i'm an SAC TECH (old school mech mech though not one of the young pups lol).I turned down my tapes in dec (they cleverly booked my courses dates for while I was in Iraq) so I'm hoping the RNZAF would take me on as a CPL.

Not sure where that puts the pay but i'm sure I'll find out if I get selected for the interviews.

Dave
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Don't think you will get in a rank higher than you were when you leave the RAF. What tends to happen is you go down a rank, especially if you are a senior. Ranks like chief tech are not recognised in their mob and you get offered a Sgts post. So don't get your hopes up.
Have you acually applied? As an airman you will be quite low paid, so you must be financially ok with no debts etc. You really need to do your sums and plenty of research.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of

I think we can help you there re the pay scale.

If you can supply what job he does, how much seniority he reckons he will get then we can find out for you.

You can PM us if you like

I know with the new pay scales it is a bit of a farce. When they say your getting 60-70 grand this includes your super annunation and also the universal accomodation allowance..if you live in the housing area then you dont get the accomodation allowance as the rent is quite low.

Cheers