Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old May 30th 2006, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

EOI accepted along with the others medicals booked and police checks underway :scared: so good to have thing moving

Mick did you get your EOI in for this selection

Rick
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rickg37
EOI accepted along with the others medicals booked and police checks underway :scared: so good to have thing moving

Mick did you get your EOI in for this selection

Rick

Rick

Got my EOI accepted and looking to book medicals and sort out police check. Just starting back work this week but got two weeks booked off from the 14th June so hopefully try to get medicals out of the way.

Mick
Old Jun 1st 2006, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Wayne270 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it's gone the 31st and no e-mail for me.
At least I'll be able to pick your brains about the pitfalls and problems.
Wife says I should send a "hurry up" email to Wellington as well but I'm not that bothered at the moment. October is a bit early for me - too much work needs doing to the house to get ready to sell it.
I hope it all goes smoothly for you guys and I will continue to watch your moves with great interest.
Would raise a real beer to you but I'm on late shift, starting at 3 so here's a virtual one for you.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Wayne

Nice to hear from you again, it was the other way around for me couldn't wait for 31st to pass me by without the email I'm afraid so had to do the done thing and give it a try and Wellington got moving on my date.....Now I'm thinking It's only around 16 weeks to go !!!! But thinking to myself If I never did it I would still be pondering about dates and the big "When". So now its out of the way and I have to move heaven and earth to get everything done in time, the OH cannot wait to get packing and sorting. Will keep you posted on developments.

Mick
Old Jun 1st 2006, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Wayne

Keeping our fingers crossed for you for July as I said earlier the waiting and uncertainty is a killer, it would be better to get some communication from the RNZAF even if it said you where in the pot for July just to take some of the uncertainty away, Hang in there mate July isn't far away

Regards

Rick & Tracy
Old Jun 8th 2006, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone had their medicals done and Police checks back ?

Mick
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

robbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jonesey
Anyone had their medicals done and Police checks back ?

Mick

Hi Mick, I have finally made a decision, I am not going to NZ, the place is fantastic, but I will settle here in Jockland.

I really wish you all the best, I feel I know you personally, I had better tell the RNZAF cos they think I am still going and I had better tell the guy who was up against me for the job.

I am sure they will reconsider his application now, if I am honest, he was the best man for the job, he just had a bad interview.

Take care out there in the Land of the long white cloud, I may live to regret this, but for me it probably is the best.

Bob
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Bob

Nice to hear from you, we all had seemed to have gone off post for a while !!
Big disappointment to hear your not taking up their offer, but you are a brave man to be honest with yourself at least and decide the move is not for you or your family. Like you said in your post at least it gives the other guy a chance if they make him a similar offer to take up the life under the big white cloud, everybody's circumstances are totally different from day to day. Only when you take time out as an individual and listen to how you feel personally deep within yourself and start asking yourself questions of nagging doubt what will life really be like and compare your lifestyle in UK at this present time. I too have gone through many days of asking myself is this what i really want deep down and until I have been honest with myself and answered all those questions that keep coming back to me over time, I really did make my mind up and know I was ready to take on the challenge of going back to uniform and leave civvy life behind and all baggage that comes with it. The most fundamental aim for me in my life at the moment is giving my Kids a better lifestyle for the future and personally and honestly for what I have seen back in NZ I'm sure I am making the right move for "Family" so I bid you the very best in your life Bob and you will have to send me your email address and keep up with how things are moving for us "Under that big white cloud" and how things pan out for you and your family......all the best my friend it seems the same here I have got to know you too personally on this forum.
Good luck to you and your family.

Cheers
Mick
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Just a quick note went for our medicals today and can recommend the Manor Hospital and Dr Armstrong if Oxford is within reach as everything carried out on site for NZIS and RNZAF requirements so just a week to wait for results and the CRB before submitting everything

Rick
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by rickg37
Just a quick note went for our medicals today and can recommend the Manor Hospital and Dr Armstrong if Oxford is within reach as everything carried out on site for NZIS and RNZAF requirements so just a week to wait for results and the CRB before submitting everything

Rick
Hi Rick

Got all our Meds and Xrays back from Manor Hospital like yourselves and now just waiting for our CRB's to come back before getting all the paper work sorted for ITA submission. Had a chat to the UK Recruiting team last night and there are only 4 going down to Ohakea, not sure how many are going your way to Auckland. We shall have to keep in touch its been a long journey for all of us getting this far, speak to you again soon.

Mick & Sherren
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

robbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by jonesey
Hi Rick

Got all our Meds and Xrays back from Manor Hospital like yourselves and now just waiting for our CRB's to come back before getting all the paper work sorted for ITA submission. Had a chat to the UK Recruiting team last night and there are only 4 going down to Ohakea, not sure how many are going your way to Auckland. We shall have to keep in touch its been a long journey for all of us getting this far, speak to you again soon.

Mick & Sherren
Hi People, I am not going to NZ as I have said, but the guy going is now a Gareth Davies, He will be FS Photographer based at Ohakea, if he gets his wife to agree! I will try to get him to post on this website.

Bob Bishop
Old Jul 5th 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all CRBs back yesterday so everything posted to London this morning just a wait now for any response from the immigration people only been at the process for two years so whats another couple of days, looking forward to the answer so we can sleep properly again

Rick & Tracy
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Wayne270
Hey Bob,
glad to hear you have got your letter too.
I suppose we all have different reasons for leaving and that reflects on our view of the faults or otherwise of NZ. We all know nowhere is perfect (except the bar! ) but must weigh the pros & cons.
I too have a not bad job and a nice house but there is a lot I don't like about the UK now. Still - my problems.

Have found some interesting info about taking mil pensions and OAP pension if anyone wants it.

Jonesey,
Would be great to PM but I dont have a clue how it works!! and the recruiting team asked if I was computer literate .

Glad to see we are building a little bit of a community here. Have to carry on once we reach NZ
g

Hi

Have just joined this site, we to have found out that we have been accepted into the RNZAF, very excited at first, now we are very apprehensive, mainly because we have found out what my husbands wages are, not great but having spoken to some people , we are reassured again and looking forward to it. We are not going until sept 07, so 1 year and 2 months to go not that i'm counting Our children are 3 and 7 years old, a bit to young to understand what changes we are making.It is great to find a site were everybody is in the same boat.

Last edited by annbee; Jul 12th 2006 at 6:24 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Welcome to the forum Annabee Im sure your year will fly by, plenty of useful info all over this forum we have asked all sorts of questions..

So if someone has heard to go next September where is the originator of this thread Wayne have you heard anything yet???????

Rick & Tracy
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Wayne270
Wondering if there are any ex RAF on this community that transfered to the RNZAF, either on their own or as part of the recruitment package?
Trying to get thoughts together on whether it would be a good move or otherwise. Like the thought of NZ and lifestyle but keep hearing bad things about wages, crime and attitude towards immigrants.
I have the choice of Canada as a civy, no guaranteed job but good prospects for one or RNZAF.
I am not worried about thoughts being good or bad, just want to hear thoughts from people who have already made the jump.
It is fast approaching decision time ( :scared: )and I need as much info/help as I can find.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Hello fellas, new to the site , recently been accepted and awaiting OOS, found ourselves in a similar situation to what i imagine many families are, now things are a little more definate , am i doing the right thing, my main concern being the drop in wages, i know i'm going for the money, its the lifestyle that attracts for me and my family but at the same time is it possible to survive and live on a wage which appears literaly half what i earn now as a Cpl in the UK Airforce, again any thoughts about this and any other aspect of NZ life greatly appreciated, thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.