Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:04 am
Just Joined

tristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

I would almost certainly have been his instructor if he did all the courses, what trade is he? I'm happy to give you my details, but not on this open site. I will think of a way we can exchange details, or you can.
Do you mean you would be bringing $40k with you? i guess it depends on what you need to do with it. If you are looking to buy a house, the banks in NZ are getting like UK and are wanting a fair deposit. Depending on where you buy, you would be looking at $300K to $400K for a decent 3-4 bed house, with a good 20% deposit.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

rebecca_brew is an unknown quantity at this point

The $40k would just be to top up his wages until I find some work (although i'm not sure what yet?) and then whatever is left will be left to earn some interest, we won't be looking to buy straight away, we want to buy further down the line when we have decided where we want to settle so will buy something small to rent out in that area as an investment for when Steve leaves the RNZAF (provided he gets in of course), we will probably stay in quarters for at least the first 3 years, I don't know it's all "up in the air" at the moment, just trying to make definite plans and get ourselves out of the UK.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Oh forgot he is a sooty? well a rigger here actually but a sooty at heart, he did his multi skilling and arrived at Aldergrove as a rigger...I don't understand it all, i'm sure you can figure who he is from my surname if you know him??
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

tristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nicetristar_l1011 is just really nice

I'm sure i would know him. I am a sooty by trade, so would definately have taught him, but as you can imagine i taught a lot of people over 5 years. Ask him if he did GMS training, if so, then he should remember me as i was the only GMS Instructor. Are you on facebook? we could contact through that.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

yeah sure I'll private message you my name on there
Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Just happened to have a look at the RNZAF website and under the overseas recruiting bit they have updated to say they are winding down the recruitment from overseas and are not currently accepting applications. My hubby has his paperwork in for the board which is sitting now and it looks like this could be the last one for a while....just wondering if anyone in the RNZAF has heard any rumours on how many they want of this techie board?? bit of a long shot I know....looks like if we don't get an OOS it's back to the drawing board.

Also any updates on those who were waiting for their OOS for the last lot of interviews...hope you all had good news and are getting ready for your adverture
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice

Originally Posted by rebecca_brew
Just happened to have a look at the RNZAF website and under the overseas recruiting bit they have updated to say they are winding down the recruitment from overseas and are not currently accepting applications. My hubby has his paperwork in for the board which is sitting now and it looks like this could be the last one for a while....just wondering if anyone in the RNZAF has heard any rumours on how many they want of this techie board?? bit of a long shot I know....looks like if we don't get an OOS it's back to the drawing board.

Also any updates on those who were waiting for their OOS for the last lot of interviews...hope you all had good news and are getting ready for your adverture
bump
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Badass Barrass will become famous soon enough

I am currently serving here with RNZAF and yes they have halted the UK recruitment. Mind you if you are avionics trade they would still be interested so drop them your CV.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Thought i would share the news. We now have our visa's, so it's all systems go!!

Next step is removals
Old Apr 11th 2009, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

yakka and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vhpacer
I take it your in the Brit AF?

I am a kiwi, I tried to get into the RNZAF as a pilot last year and they turned there noses down at me....even though I have a helicopter CPL and I have 600 hours flying time under my belt, which is all of deer recovery. I'm sure you've heard about that, its very skillful and dangerous work. Only because I didnt do physics at school 4 or 5 years ago!!!

Entry into the RNZAF is very competitive, and it would be like joining neighbourhood watch compared to your RAF.

I would stay in England mate (yes I have been,worked in a bar in Cardiff for 4 months, and went all over the UK) you Brits really dont know how good you have it over there.

NZ is gradually falling down the shitter I'm sorry to say.....
If NZ has fallen down the shitter we will meet you when you get to the bottom mate....LOL