RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old May 23rd 2006, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

[QUOTE=robbish]Hi again Mick,

Hi Rob

Hope everything is okay on the home front now, you no doubt have seen the thread from Rick who has got his OOS through, seems its just you and me now left on the forum Rob unless I have left anyone else out. But hopefully before the end of the month that's what the letter said or it will be then the end of July for the email. Who knows !! its tough having to wait but I suppose that's the way its gonna be, suppose i will have to keep myself occupied with something else until the OOS arrives then it will be all stess with EOI and Meds, CRB checks.

keep in touch
Mick
Old May 23rd 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Hi Mick

The wife and I know exactly where you are now, we started to apply in the 2005 process and were only turned down and invited back for 2006 because of no fixed out date for that process.So we have waited two years to be at this point and its the waiting thats the killer. The only thing I can say on the 2006 process is quicker and more informative than 2005 so fingers crossed for July for everyone else.

We will check in and post any developments on the application process that may help anyone

Regards Rick
Old May 23rd 2006, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Wayne270 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still here .
Just don't have anything of interest to say at the moment
Just got promoted at work (now senior rotary engineer!!!!)
Loads more work, very small pay rise.
Glad to hear some of the guys are progressing, even if I feel a bit unwanted by comparison .
Will be here watching and waiting, reading the posts and putting in the odd comment till we have all gone or given up.
Time for a Bud .
Old May 23rd 2006, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Wayne

Same here been off the beer all for two weeks and couln't stand the dismay any longer of no OOS forthcoming so had a few sherberts to get me through the weekend and sainsbury had an offer on two cases for £16....won't be getting that at New World supermarket or Pack n save..... Nice to hear the other lads are pushing on with their EOI etc.....good luck to them all.....So how does it feel to have a promotion Wayne ? Hope you don't get too comfortable

Speak to later.

Mick
Old May 23rd 2006, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mick
Comfort bubble, mmmmmmmm , where have I heard that phrase before? Yeah I am starting to think life here is pretty comfortable and secure for the family. Just saw an ad for met police aircraft engineer - 37500 to 42000 plus London weighting, shift and other allowances and the job offer could have been written for me. Great Yarmouth got a good offer going too. The UK future could be very rosy but do I really want to stay here? I think the delay is making me think too much about it. So....
I had to make a major decision tonight ......
and I went for the single malt, several times. Didn't really want the beer.
Chat to you all later - oh yeah, I haven't even looked at the immigration paperwork yet, is it fun?
Old May 24th 2006, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=rickg37]Hi Mick

Rick/Wayne/Rob

Just thought I would send a quick post, got my email this morning for an OOS for the same dates. Got to be in London on the Oct 9th for enlistment..... :scared:
They offered me a draft to Ohakea, which is a shock was expecting Base Auckland but suppose you cannot have them all, but then again I suppose its a good thing as we would be returning to the North Shore and we have been there before, so as the old saying goes "Change is as good as a rest". Looks like my email sent out to Wellington did the trick, woke somebody up down there to make a decision !!!! Hope to see you all down there when the EOI and all other bits and pieces are out the way.....Land of the big white cloud here we come....

Cheers
Mick

Old May 24th 2006, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

OK,
let me get this straight.
Everyone but me has their OOS?
It's because of the army thing isn't it?
It's a conspiracy - you got together with the recruiting team and told them to make me sweat. Well it won't work, I'm too laid back for that.
Oh well, maybe I'll hear in July, or later even.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get me.
Old May 24th 2006, 6:49 pm
Counting down the days

mrs_kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by jonesey
got my email this morning for an OOS for the same dates. Got to be in London on the Oct 9th for enlistment..... :scared:
Well done & good luck, see you in Ohakea in October Have a few of these
Old May 24th 2006, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by Wayne270
OK,
let me get this straight.
Everyone but me has their OOS?
It's because of the army thing isn't it?
It's a conspiracy - you got together with the recruiting team and told them to make me sweat. Well it won't work, I'm too laid back for that.
Oh well, maybe I'll hear in July, or later even.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get me.

Hi Wayne

Hey mate its not that your an ex-pongo !! I transferred to the blue jobs in 1984 after hitching so many lifts out of Brize I saw the light mate and thought They seem to have an easy life of it in that blue uniform Im off and hence blue job ever since. Go on Wayne nudge them with a polite email as I did and got the result in two days......

Cheers

Mick
Old May 24th 2006, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrs_kiwi
Well done & good luck, see you in Ohakea in October Have a few of these
Cheers Dawn & Chris hope to start on the EOI and CRB, Medicals soon.

Mick & Sherren
Old May 24th 2006, 8:40 pm
Counting down the days

mrs_kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Dawn & Chris hope to start on the EOI and CRB, Medicals soon.

Mick & Sherren
We had our medicals done in Nottingham, Dr Henry:

Doctor/Clinic: Drs Boruch, BP Collins, Henry
Address: Tudor House Medical Practice 138 Edwards Lane, Sherwood Nottingham NG5 3HU Phone: 01159660 636

They gave us appointment really quickly and he was actually a nice guy, I'd recommend them.
Old May 24th 2006, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

robbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=jonesey]
Originally Posted by rickg37
Hi Mick

Rick/Wayne/Rob

Just thought I would send a quick post, got my email this morning for an OOS for the same dates. Got to be in London on the Oct 9th for enlistment..... :scared:
They offered me a draft to Ohakea, which is a shock was expecting Base Auckland but suppose you cannot have them all, but then again I suppose its a good thing as we would be returning to the North Shore and we have been there before, so as the old saying goes "Change is as good as a rest". Looks like my email sent out to Wellington did the trick, woke somebody up down there to make a decision !!!! Hope to see you all down there when the EOI and all other bits and pieces are out the way.....Land of the big white cloud here we come....

Cheers
Mick

What you got Mick? I have the Photography Instructor post at Ohakea. Still can't stay that I will go, my wife wants to stay in Scotland....gotta respect her wishes! Work in UK is sweet at the mo and with the NZ dollar in freefall, my wage in RNZAF has dropped £9000 effectively in 9 months!..........help!

Rob
Old May 25th 2006, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

[QUOTE=robbish]

What you got Mick? I have the Photography Instructor post at Ohakea. Still can't stay that I will go, my wife wants to stay in Scotland....gotta respect her wishes! Work in UK is sweet at the mo and with the NZ dollar in freefall, my wage in RNZAF has dropped £9000 effectively in 9 months!..........help!

Rob

Hi Rob

Just read your post, Im going into Ohakea as a CISTECH and rank of Cpl. Had a crap day at work today, got the promotion they put me in for and a wage rise of £3000 on top for starters. Now that is something to look forward i hear you say out load to yourself !! but cannot get the previous crap year out of my head. The long hours the 80 mile round trip journey to Sheffield and too many close shaves on the road early rush hour. Put it all into perspective and surely there is more to life than money and crap existence of working your nuts off and paying out a fortune in over inflated petrol prices, gas hikes, electic hikes, pay rise vanishes into thin air.......bring on the lifestyle that's what I say in the southern hemisphere. But everyone to their own judgement to be fair.....When I put into perspective what I want I am taking into consideration life for my kids also.

Hope you work it out for the better Rob....

Cheers Rob

Mick
Old May 26th 2006, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

robbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=jonesey]
Originally Posted by robbish

Hi Rob

Just read your post, Im going into Ohakea as a CISTECH and rank of Cpl. Had a crap day at work today, got the promotion they put me in for and a wage rise of £3000 on top for starters. Now that is something to look forward i hear you say out load to yourself !! but cannot get the previous crap year out of my head. The long hours the 80 mile round trip journey to Sheffield and too many close shaves on the road early rush hour. Put it all into perspective and surely there is more to life than money and crap existence of working your nuts off and paying out a fortune in over inflated petrol prices, gas hikes, electic hikes, pay rise vanishes into thin air.......bring on the lifestyle that's what I say in the southern hemisphere. But everyone to their own judgement to be fair.....When I put into perspective what I want I am taking into consideration life for my kids also.

Hope you work it out for the better Rob....

Cheers Rob

Mick
Cheers Mike, very eloquent, I see exactly where you are coming from, I will definitely think on it, I don't have the hassle that you have and I am still learning this new job (for at least the next year!) and enjoying it, with the exchange rates, I will be down 32000 dollars even on FS wages! The timing is the main thing, I did not go through alll the rigmarole that you did, I just turned up at the Swindon interviews, so I feel it has not been so well earned as for you I guess. I went to NZ exactly 10years ago and was enthralled by the place, but I too need to think of my family, and apart from the weather, I seem to have it all here. If I could get it delayed til January so I can sell the house etc, then I will be keen to go too..............I just don't know........help.

Bob Bishop
Old May 27th 2006, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

[QUOTE=robbish]

Cheers Mike, very eloquent, I see exactly where you are coming from, I will definitely think on it, I don't have the hassle that you have and I am still learning this new job (for at least the next year!) and enjoying it, with the exchange rates, I will be down 32000 dollars even on FS wages! The timing is the main thing, I did not go through alll the rigmarole that you did, I just turned up at the Swindon interviews, so I feel it has not been so well earned as for you I guess. I went to NZ exactly 10years ago and was enthralled by the place, but I too need to think of my family, and apart from the weather, I seem to have it all here. If I could get it delayed til January so I can sell the house etc, then I will be keen to go too..............I just don't know........help.

Bob Bishop
Rob, I too could delay I suppose that way would be able to save a few more £££'s as we have no equity in property from selling last time around to go out to NZ. The last little episode cost us £25,000 in relocation expenses there and back, which this time around we have not to worry about but thinking out load to myself take the payrise they offered me do the job for 12 months might only hasten me to stay and forget about it all. But the family are determined they want to go and I must say Im pretty keen myself and the more I think about what Im leaving behind after being here 2 years I have 15 years guaranteed with the RNZAF and hopefully a better lifestyle in the end.

Cheers
Mick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.