Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by CJandCLARE
Hi Debborah, Yep its very early days for us and cant wait until March when hopefully they will give us more information as to whether they need bodies in my other halfs trade. The e-mails that we had back seemed promising but you never can tell can you? We have told family of our hopes but dont talk about it much as we dont have anything concrete to tell. If we are successfull I will be shouting it from the rooftops (until we have to start the paperwork )
Our boys are quite keen, the eldest asking for everything from a dirt bike to a jetski (he will be lucky ) Have almost got square edges to my eyes from all the internet surfing for info on NZ. Might be able to get a job in tourism if and when we get there!!! rofl:
CJandClare
Oh yes the NZ tinternet surfing!!! remember that very well too!! Have a look on the 'Great NZ picture thread on here' fab stuff.
Your positive attitude is great
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CJandCLARE
Hi Smidges,
When I put my application in last Aug-Sept the RNZAF were not looking for Suppliers but asked to keep me on file, they did however suggest that if I wanted to go sooner that the Army were looking for my trade, and I could apply to the Army. Might be worth a try if you still want to be in the military and continue in the same line of work.

Good luck
CJandClare
cj and c

thanks for the info. might just look it up

smiges
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

just for info this thread ranks 8th as most replies and 5th as the most viewed. so there is either a lot of people want to join the rnzaf, lot of wannabe's, or foreign affairs is watching you closely.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Originally Posted by smiges33
just for info this thread ranks 8th as most replies and 5th as the most viewed. so there is either a lot of people want to join the rnzaf, lot of wannabe's, or foreign affairs is watching you closely.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

mops is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi Folks,

We are new to this forum and like all of you we are looking forward to making our way to NZ. We have been given an OOS and as such are completing the EOI, but we are in need of advice. Although we are Aircrew, it seems that you can't include any of your qualifications on the EOI. I believe I have searched high and low on the immigration website, but can't find any info. Have any aircrew going to Whenuapai managed to include their qualifications on the EOI? TVM if you can help.

AndyMandy
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

NiamhW07 will become famous soon enoughNiamhW07 will become famous soon enough

already seems like such a long time since we did ours! just kept pushing buttons!!

does anyone know - When you apply for family tax credits is uk pension taken into account?? Is this our equivalent of tax credits or child benefit?

Niamh and Roddy
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Hi Niamh and Roddy

you can either go down the family assistance route and declare your UK pension as income which means you will have to declare it each year to the IRD and pay NZ tax on it

Or not claim any NZ benefits and apply for a four year tax exemption on your pension

We went the benefits route so will be putting a tax return in this April

Rick & Tracy
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:28 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of
Question Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Ah, now i've found the right thread.

Hubby is RAF and we are considering a transfer to NZAF - anyone got any ideas on the wages for a Squadron Leader? it is dependant on this as to whether we go the civie route or not. Also house stuff etc? Thanks for the help.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

rebecca_brew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help ,me? We are in the very early stages of looking into my Raf hubby joining the RNZAF and I have a few queries, We have out an application in (mostly to get more info) but we have a few q's about the actual moving stuff etc, Here
Do the RNZAF guide you through the immigration stuff
Do they pay for your flight and moving your belongings
Is the process easier if you already have family there
How much does the wage decrease affect your everyday living
Does anyone ship there animals and if so how and how much is it (est)

I know this may seem trivial stuff but having been to NZ already I would rather know because without help it seems a huge task!

Thanks for your time, Becky xx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:11 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rebecca_brew
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help ,me? We are in the very early stages of looking into my Raf hubby joining the RNZAF and I have a few queries, We have out an application in (mostly to get more info) but we have a few q's about the actual moving stuff etc, Here
Do the RNZAF guide you through the immigration stuff
Do they pay for your flight and moving your belongings
Is the process easier if you already have family there
How much does the wage decrease affect your everyday living
Does anyone ship there animals and if so how and how much is it (est)

I know this may seem trivial stuff but having been to NZ already I would rather know because without help it seems a huge task!

Thanks for your time, Becky xx
HI Becky, check you Private Messages - i've left you one.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

haha it wont let me read it till i have 3 posts so heres number 2
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

and 3 lmao
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

UH OH no pm's please could you send again?? thanks Becky xx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:20 am
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by rebecca_brew
UH OH no pm's please could you send again?? thanks Becky xx
Yeah, still typing it actually - stupidlly told you i'd sent one before i'd started it , doh!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Awaiting incoming! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.