RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old May 3rd 2006, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Wayne270 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Bob,

Ref the pensions

Military - contact Paymaster (will PM number if anyone wants it) and they will send it anywhere in the world for free in regional currency. (No bank transfer fees!)

UK OAP - so long as you pay 44 years contributions by age 65 you can receive full UK pension anywhere in the world. Not sure where they will pay it to though. You can pay voluntary class 3 contributions from abroad on an annual one off payment. This is for you and partner. Contact DWP 0191 213 5000 and explain you situation and they will put you to the right desk.

UK tax - On mil pension, phone 0845 300 3949 again explain you are going abroad, they will put you on to a very helpful bloke (only one on the foreign desk) and he will explain how you register non payment of tax on your pension - but NZ will hit you for it (unless this foreign income being tax free counts on pension). You will need to fill in a P85 and exemption claim form here, take to NZ give to tax man there and they will deal wit hit.

The NZ mil and civil pension are all explained quite well in that CD they sent out.

Just think - FOUR pensions at age 65 - earn more than NZ national wage on pension alone

Gope this long winded drivel is of help.

Wayne.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Vicki,

thanks for that - karma duly despatched.
But as this is a military type thread, it will be 5 months late, be the wrong type when it does turn up and will cost 6 times as much as civy karma.

Old May 3rd 2006, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wayne270
Vicki,

thanks for that - karma duly despatched.
But as this is a military type thread, it will be 5 months late, be the wrong type when it does turn up and will cost 6 times as much as civy karma.

that would be RAF karma then not Army karma (Hubby comment, not mine!!)
Old May 3rd 2006, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Joshlin
that would be RAF karma then not Army karma (Hubby comment, not mine!!)
errrrrrrrrrr? well, I am the odd one out here being ex army and not a crab.
so its army karma I'm afraid - cause I'm not in RNZAF yet.
Old May 12th 2006, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Threads gone quiet but received an offer by email Thurs 11th hope the rest of you get the same news see you over there subject to immigration
Old May 12th 2006, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Congratulations there rick.
I hope the offer is the one you wanted.
Was that the full OOS complete with terms & conditions or are they snail mailing that to you?

As to the thread going quite - I think it was everyone's shock at realising I am an ex pongo with delusions of grandeur .

All the best for your future and I hope we will all get together for a bit of a bash out in NZ soon.
Old May 12th 2006, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Bob,

Ref the pensions

Military - contact Paymaster (will PM number if anyone wants it) and they will send it anywhere in the world for free in regional currency. (No bank transfer fees!)

UK OAP - so long as you pay 44 years contributions by age 65 you can receive full UK pension anywhere in the world. Not sure where they will pay it to though. You can pay voluntary class 3 contributions from abroad on an annual one off payment. This is for you and partner. Contact DWP 0191 213 5000 and explain you situation and they will put you to the right desk.

UK tax - On mil pension, phone 0845 300 3949 again explain you are going abroad, they will put you on to a very helpful bloke (only one on the foreign desk) and he will explain how you register non payment of tax on your pension - but NZ will hit you for it (unless this foreign income being tax free counts on pension). You will need to fill in a P85 and exemption claim form here, take to NZ give to tax man there and they will deal wit hit.

The NZ mil and civil pension are all explained quite well in that CD they sent out.

Just think - FOUR pensions at age 65 - earn more than NZ national wage on pension alone

Gope this long winded drivel is of help.

Wayne.

Can i just ask if this works if going to oz? My hubby is in trying to join oz army
and are unclear about pensions .
Mandy
Old May 12th 2006, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Mandy,

I don't honestly know because I was told that the rules are different depending on the country you are moving to.

But the UK mil pension rules would be the same and I think that the tax and OAP rules would be the same. Either way the blokes on the other end of those phone numbers will let you know and they are very helpful ( I do realise that is not normal in this day and age but they are! )

Hope that isn't as wishy washy as it seems but do ring the tax and DWP - they are helpful.
Old May 12th 2006, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy,

I don't honestly know because I was told that the rules are different depending on the country you are moving to.

But the UK mil pension rules would be the same and I think that the tax and OAP rules would be the same. Either way the blokes on the other end of those phone numbers will let you know and they are very helpful ( I do realise that is not normal in this day and age but they are! )

Hope that isn't as wishy washy as it seems but do ring the tax and DWP - they are helpful.
Thanks Wayne i will get hubby to contact them.
Mandy
Old May 12th 2006, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

robbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by rickg37
Threads gone quiet but received an offer by email Thurs 11th hope the rest of you get the same news see you over there subject to immigration
Well done rickg37, me too, they have emailed me to say what rank I will be and where I will be working, Ohakea, but I am still not sure of the wages, are they as low as they say in the DVD? I am struggling on the equivalent of $70000 in the UK! What am gonna do on $48000 and higher interest rates......I am seriously getting cold feet!

As for pensions, I will have 3 good pensions in the UK anyway.

Cheers, from a confused robbish
Old May 13th 2006, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough

Hi Rob

Looks as though most will get an email then, rather than the letter with OOS as they said at the interview, got a letter in the post like Wayne saying got through to the next stages but nothing yet. No email or further letter but as they say no news is good news hopefully......contemplating emailing Wellington and asking for confirmation by email as to what is going on anticipation is giving me too many sleeplesss nights.....did they give you any firm dates as to when you would be needed in NZ ??

Cheers
Mick

Old May 13th 2006, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Wayne & Geordie, same as above I have received an email with an offer of post mine is at Auckland for October so wife kids and I looking forward to those few years in a subtropical paradise, we know homesickness will kick in but christmas on the beach may help those pangs a little bit.

Looking forward to meeting up with any others going out in October
Old May 13th 2006, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Bleedin' ek - October!
My letter said to move either December 06 or July 07 depending on what OOS said.
Thats a bit of a quick move - still if thats what is needed (he say's, thinking "could I even pack the house in five months?" )
Not getting the sleepless nights, yet. Think they will kick in when the email arrives and it finally sinks in.
And christmas on the beach is ok but the heat cools the beers down very quickly (2 years in Brunei - of course it was special tea not beer )
Old May 13th 2006, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Still no email, no change since I checked 5 minutes ago.
Me? nervous?
Old May 13th 2006, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

5 months to pack no problem used to moving with 11 moves in 20 years under our belt so rooms in the house are already disappearing into boxes

Email quite a relief after the letter saying by Dec 06 Or by Jul 06 as the postie was getting scared of coming to the house to find us waiting for him :scared:

Anyone else out there found out their dates yet??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.