Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hey Richy PM Mick as he has done some investigation into moving his pension so will know more than the rest, I think you can transfer the pension and even gain access to some of it but I think Mick mentioned 5 years, so it may be worth giving him a shout and asking

Rick

Cheers Rick, stupid question but how do i go about PM'ing Mick? what is his username?

Our case officer was in touch this week, he's done an initial check and said everything looked fine, he just asked us for some more proof of address for us both over the last 12 months which we sent off today, so hopefully we'll be getting some good news soon!!!

How's everyone else doing, it's been fairly quiet on this thread lately, are you all still there!!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Hey Ritchy

His screen name is jonesey go back a couple of pages and he is there, left click on his name and it gives you the option of emailing him or a PM

And its getting quieter as the sun keeps coming out and it getting warmer so less time indoors more time out and about but we keep an eye out for questions

Rick & Tracy
Old Nov 10th 2007, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Cheers Rick, stupid question but how do i go about PM'ing Mick? what is his username?

Our case officer was in touch this week, he's done an initial check and said everything looked fine, he just asked us for some more proof of address for us both over the last 12 months which we sent off today, so hopefully we'll be getting some good news soon!!!

How's everyone else doing, it's been fairly quiet on this thread lately, are you all still there!![/QUOTE]

Hiya!! still here!!! just not been on forums for ages. We are out all the time as Rick says '' the sun is coming out!!!'' Will help on any questions if you PM. All the best with ITA sounds like it is going through ok. Debborah.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

...bumping for NaimhW07
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

NiamhW07 will become famous soon enoughNiamhW07 will become famous soon enough

thanks for the link Bev
so much info so little time!!
What are the MQs like in Auckland? anyone??

Niamh
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Originally Posted by NiamhW07
thanks for the link Bev
so much info so little time!!
What are the MQs like in Auckland? anyone??

Niamh
Hiya!! when you coming out?
Depends on how you look at it [if you are short sighted!!]
No just joking!!!

The MQs are typical of NZ housing generally, wood floors, no insulation, no double glazing. there is a photo somewhre that Rickg37 posted ]I have only done abit of the winter here and you can see your breath in the mornings it is that cold!! its all good fun though and i did laugh about it all. Get your heating situation sorted and you will be sweet. You will have a wood burner in your lounge and that is it. We got a calor gas heater and that was great in the mornings. You will need a dehumidifier to take the dampness out of the air and it does make a huge difference.
The airforce housing people are really pulling their socks up and kicking them into shape [ must be something to do with all us whinging poms]
I think if you come with high expectations and think you want something like a UK house you wont like them, but if you go with the flow and once you get all your own stuff in its starts to feel like home.
Any questions ask away!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy

The MQs are typical of NZ housing generally, wood floors, no insulation, no double glazing. there is a photo somewhre that Rickg37 posted ]I have only done abit of the winter here and you can see your breath in the mornings it is that cold!!

Hi all,

I'm REALLY looking forward to getting into our MQ now!!!!

Well things are going really slowly here, or so it seems, NZIS were in touch nearly 3 weeks ago to say that after an initial check our ITA seemed fine but they just needed a couple more bits of info, which we sent the very next day, since then we've heard nothing so we emailed them, as we've been getting emails and calls from RNZAF and PSS, and we got a curt email back (can emails be curt!!) from our case officer saying that he'd passed our ITA on to a colleague and that he'd be in touch when he got it back, ARGHHH:curse:

It's just so bloody frustrating, PSS want to take our furniture beginning of Dec to ensure arrival early Feb so I just wish NZIS would hurry up and say yes!!!

Apart from that, we're beginning to pack, we've had our pre walk out inspection of our MQ here and I've only got 3 working days left next week then I'm on terminal leave.

Hope everyone is ok, we're off to glasgow tonight, Kat is seeing some oldie boy band called Take That and I'm going skiing at the indoor SnoZone ski slope!

Fingers crossed, I'll have good news soon!

Richy and Kat
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Oh my!!! sounds very stressful!! Oh how it brings back shivers to my spine!! I cant believe time is going slowly for you!! time just flew by for us. If I can say anything to you it would be to make the most of UK while you can, do all the things you really enjoy and the things you want to do but dont get around to. Have a good old pint and a pub lunch and savour it!
Life is very different here and although we are all enjoying it totally, im sure we will miss our familiarity of the UK for a while yet.

Dont know why they want to take your furniture so early? ours only took about 4-6 weeks [ must have been on a speed boat!!] Dont let that worry you as there are 2 weeks in the hotel and then there is a welcome house that you could probably go in if your container hasnt arrived[ or you can stay in the hotel longer paid for by you at an airforce discounted rate] Lots of people have done that. Go with the flow Bro!!

Take that!! how fab i would like to see them too!! Another recruit wife and myself are going to see Justin Timberlake tonight in Auckland !!! I am SO excited!!! [dosnt take alot]

All the best Debborah.x.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi again,

Still we sit and wait! :curse::curse: no more news from NZIS, why can't they just say 'YES' Had another email from RNZAF today asking for a progress update! All this waiting starts to put doubt in your mind, have they found a problem? is everything ok? ARGHHHHH I know NZIS have only had our ITA for 7 weeks and they did say between 1 and 3 months, but with chrimbo coming we were hoping to have the container away soon, they said early Dec because there would be a delay with the christmas break and they needed to get it on a ship before or just after if poss to get there for mid to late feb.

Apart from that tho, everything is peachy! I'm on terminal leave now and Kat has put her notice in to finish at Christmas so we can have some time at home with friends and family in Jan, oh and a weeks skiing

Hope everyone is ok there and our brand new married quarter with carpets, air con, central heating and a pool is being built! (I WISH)

Richy and Kat
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Hiya!! when you coming out?
Depends on how you look at it [if you are short sighted!!]
No just joking!!!

The MQs are typical of NZ housing generally, wood floors, no insulation, no double glazing. there is a photo somewhre that Rickg37 posted ]I have only done abit of the winter here and you can see your breath in the mornings it is that cold!! its all good fun though and i did laugh about it all. Get your heating situation sorted and you will be sweet. You will have a wood burner in your lounge and that is it. We got a calor gas heater and that was great in the mornings. You will need a dehumidifier to take the dampness out of the air and it does make a huge difference.
The airforce housing people are really pulling their socks up and kicking them into shape [ must be something to do with all us whinging poms]
I think if you come with high expectations and think you want something like a UK house you wont like them, but if you go with the flow and once you get all your own stuff in its starts to feel like home.
Any questions ask away!!
Hi
thanks for feedback on MQs. No high expectations here!! roof, walls, internet connection is all we need.
Haven't been on , so busy at work and having to go back to Ireland for CRB stuff (which seriously felt like groundhog day!) in person as still Irish citizen. Knew there was a reason why I should have put in for UK passport! anyway, we are hoping to be there end of May 08. Hubby is already on leave etc and out date is around April 11th. We are hoping to travel some of America as a final splurge!! on our way over. Medicals/x-rays/crb stuff all done. Just have to have declaration for daughter from 1st marriage to come away with us as she is still under 16. otherwise everything seems to be on track, I just wish it would hurry up!!
It's freezing cold here as in minus figures!! over use of screen wash has blown fuse for pump! just some of the things we hope to avoid in Auckland!

Niamh
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by annbee
Hi Debborah

We are on our way, got to London at 9am this morning, hotel is great. Had a day with my sister and family. We have got so much luggage, just cant wait till we get over there and sorted. Looking forward to LA, just a bit more shopping.

Ann
Hi Ann

hope you are all settling in ok. Hope you have Bunco well established by time I get there!! see you next summer/winter?!?!

Niamh (Rod, Larrissa, Fraser and Finlay)
Old Dec 19th 2007, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Hi Niamh

Wow how shocked was i to get your message. So tell me what has happened at kinloss. Last time i saw you , you were going to settle there. Is Rod joining the RNZAF or are you coming over to jobs. It will be great to see you all, we are settling in ok, houses are not to disimilar to scampton, just without central heating (well 19 lancaster drive). Having a great time, Lucy has settled into school and is making friends and Polly goes to kindy 3 afternoons a week. We are looking forward to our first christmas in auckland, lunch then the beach. No more miserable days at Scampton. Havent started bunco over here, but think that when you come over we could, starting to get to know more people. Still have contact with lots at scampton and hear all about the bunco which i do miss

Keep in touch

Love

Ann, Dean, Lucy and Polly ( Merry Christmas)
Old Dec 19th 2007, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Come on then you two, what is BUNCO?!!!!
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Come on then you two, what is BUNCO?!!!!
Its is a dice game, will explain it over coffee, just need 12 people, Niamh and I were regulars in scampton. Didnt know that she was coning over, was a real shock when saw message tonight. I will drop your cap over sometime. hope you enjoy rainbows end tomorrow, we have Pollys sports afternoon, will be ok as long as she dosent climb
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Well Hello everyone!

Just a little bit has happened since my last rant on here!

Friday email from NZIS Visas approved!!!

That really cheered us up we had a fantastic weekend with friends in Edinburgh and started getting all giddy again, mind you, that may have been down to the gin!

Got a phone call the following wed morning, Hi PSS here, we'll be here on Tues 18th for your pack up

Pretty fair to say we #@at ourselves! and started running round trying to pack anything and everything! Still as I sit here a week later and after watching the packers drive off this morning we can relax! we did it, dunno how but we did it! oh and Kat even managed 2 nights in manchester to see Take That again!

PSS were fantastic, they were quick helpful and worked so hard, they only stopped to drink the gallons of tea I made for them.

Email from RNZAF today, flights booked, 12 Feb and I'm posted to 40 SQN, anyone else on here work there? any news.

Well i'm off now, need to clean my MQ, handing it back in an hour

Richy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.