Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:47 am
Just Joined

cande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant future
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

[QUOTE=Divine Comedy;5358595]Hi, and welcome to our thread!!!
I am not sure but just going off what we had to do ourselves, you may have to show proof of your leaving the armed forces when you apply for the ITA, they will see you are in the armed forces[if you are applying when still in] and may want proof you can leave the UK. If you fire off an email to the immigration website they are pretty good at replying.
QUOTE]

I would be interested about having to prove leaving the Armed Forces at the ITA stage as our EOI has just been selected. My TX date is not until 2009.

Has anyone who is a serving member of the Armed Forces had to provide evidence of them leaving at the ITA stage?
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Rich&Kat

Certified copies are good too.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

[QUOTE=cande;5359797]
Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
Hi, and welcome to our thread!!!
I am not sure but just going off what we had to do ourselves, you may have to show proof of your leaving the armed forces when you apply for the ITA, they will see you are in the armed forces[if you are applying when still in] and may want proof you can leave the UK. If you fire off an email to the immigration website they are pretty good at replying.
QUOTE]

I would be interested about having to prove leaving the Armed Forces at the ITA stage as our EOI has just been selected. My TX date is not until 2009.

Has anyone who is a serving member of the Armed Forces had to provide evidence of them leaving at the ITA stage?
We had to provide it for the RNZAF. I am not sure at all about providing it for the ITA it was just a thought My OH dosnt think you will, but there was so much paperwork for the ITA that getting everything and evrything ready just incase makes the whole thing less stressful I am probably talking complete tosh
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:39 am
Just Joined

cande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant futurecande has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Divine Comedy;5360049]
Originally Posted by cande

We had to provide it for the RNZAF. I am not sure at all about providing it for the ITA it was just a thought My OH dosnt think you will, but there was so much paperwork for the ITA that getting everything and evrything ready just incase makes the whole thing less stressful I am probably talking complete tosh
Thanks for the response.

The issue is not one with having to provide evidence of leaving the Armed Forces as my TX date is Sep 09 - FACT!

The issue is one of timing. If everything goes well with other aspects of the ITA, allowing for processing times, etc. when granted a residency visa and a 12 month must enter NZ by date the latter is likely to be a couple of months before my TX date - I don't whether that would be an issue as I will be on GRT/terminal leave by then anyway!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

How do everyone,

Got the medicals back this week, although they're sealed up in envelopes there was a copy of my blood test results for me to fax off with my NZDF medical, they all seemed ok apart from the one of kidney results which was low but the Doc said that it was nothing to worry about, hope NZIS & RNZAF think the same. Anyway, now comes the fun part got to get my ITA sorted and in the post this week and get my NZDF medical faxed off too, then I suppose we'll just sit and wait!!! Quick question for you all tho, did you put orig certificates in with photocopies or just get certified copies and keep the originals. just a bit worried about sending orig birth and wedding certs away. any other tips would be appreciated too

Richy and Kat.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Hi Richy&Kat hope you enjoyed completing all that paperwork this weekend we couriered originals to the consulate and received them all back safe and sound but took photocopies just in case, but a quick trip to a solicitors will get you certified copies that are just as good

Rick & Tracy
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

ANNBEE & BADASSBARASS !!!!!

All the best with your journey here
Ann, see you soon!!
Pete, hope to see you one day at Ohakea!!

New Zealand here you come!!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Well it's done, popped our ITA in the post today, paid the extra to parcel force it there by noon tomorrow, i feared it being chucked on a fire to keep the strikers warm otherwise! I'm panicking now tho, did i sign everything, was it in the right order, have i missed anything, I'm sure I haven't but you never know. Now the waiting game begins!! I hope it's not too long tho, still need to sort out removals etc, and we're due out there in Feb!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

It will be OK!! Also if anything is amiss and not quite right your case officer will just either ring you or email and it gets sorted.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Hi Debborah

We are on our way, got to London at 9am this morning, hotel is great. Had a day with my sister and family. We have got so much luggage, just cant wait till we get over there and sorted. Looking forward to LA, just a bit more shopping.

Ann
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annbee
Hi Debborah

We are on our way, got to London at 9am this morning, hotel is great. Had a day with my sister and family. We have got so much luggage, just cant wait till we get over there and sorted. Looking forward to LA, just a bit more shopping.

Ann
Total shopoholic!!! Have a great time in LA!! see you soon !
Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi Ann

Best wishes to you all for you trip over, Hope it all goes ok. Our ITA is in so hopefully all being well we'll see you in Feb!!

Richy
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Annbee & Badassbarass!!!! WELCOME to New Zealand !!!!
Hope you arnt too jetlagged and the settling in period is not too hetic!!
All the best for your new start, Debborah.x.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hello all,

As I sit waiting for my ITA to get approved (hopefully) I have started to wonder about my RAF Pension, or lack of it!!

I have done 12 years, so will get a small lump sum and then a small ammount from age 60 onwards.

My question is, Do I just leave it and wait till I'm 60 (another 27 years)(YIKES is that all) or can I transfer it into any scheme out there??

Anyone else had any thoughts or similar issues???

Richy and Kat
Old Oct 28th 2007, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Hey Richy PM Mick as he has done some investigation into moving his pension so will know more than the rest, I think you can transfer the pension and even gain access to some of it but I think Mick mentioned 5 years, so it may be worth giving him a shout and asking

Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.