Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

I'll keep an eye out for the mice!!

Just sorting the forms for the x rays tomorrow, is it the big immigration for i have to take with me or is there another one???
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richyandkat
I'll keep an eye out for the mice!!

Just sorting the forms for the x rays tomorrow, is it the big immigration for i have to take with me or is there another one???
Hi

yes it is the immigration forms, it took a week for all the forms and xrays to come back and that was for all four of us, girls has mini medicals. Good luck for tomorrow, make sure that you get them to do a drugs test, they didnt do Deans and it was a bit of a pain trying to locate a local doctor to do it, we ended up in Nottingham sorting it out. A bit of a wild card knowing how big Leuchars but we had some friends

Enjoy your medicals

Ann
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Hi just wondering is it worth us bringing our Sky box over with us???
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough

Just back off my first RNZAF Exercise and not even done a full year adorning the Kiwi Cloth and they got me, Yes Ann the Sky box will come in handy for when your housework has been done and you can sit back and enjoy your Kiwi Latte when you have a spare hour or so to kill. Enjoyed playing in the Bush for two weeks which was enjoyable brought out the cave man in me for a while, did all the serious stuff like living off ration packs for two weeks and catching eel from the Waipoua Stream we went up to the top of Northland and enjoyed two weeks in the Waipoua Forest & Puketi Forest and boy it is the simple life up around those areas I can tell yer. Huge lifestyle blocks and half the price you would pay for a house on the North Shore. Even got to build me own bed out of branches and made an "A" Frame Kiwi style. Not sure if Dean will get to go out on Exercise they have got a few planned for 2008 and 6 Sqn & 40 Sqn play a part in some of those. Sherren and a few friends are off to see " The Men Of Steel" in the Sunderland Lounge on Hobsonville tonight so it will be a late night for some, I have to play sober driver and taxi all the girls back home after midnight Speak to you again soon.

Mick, Sherren, Family
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by annbee
Hi just wondering is it worth us bringing our Sky box over with us???
As Mick says could be worth it as quite a few MQ's have Sky dishes hung off them already,dont know if the frequencies ect are the same but got to be worth a try I wish I had bought mine as reception through the aerial is iffy on channel one.

If you have a dish its $49 for new equipment or $99 all in see this http://www.skytv.co.nz/index.cfm?pageid=450 but that extra box could come in useful for the another room

Rick
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonesey
Just back off my first RNZAF Exercise and not even done a full year adorning the Kiwi Cloth and they got me, Yes Ann the Sky box will come in handy for when your housework has been done and you can sit back and enjoy your Kiwi Latte when you have a spare hour or so to kill. Enjoyed playing in the Bush for two weeks which was enjoyable brought out the cave man in me for a while, did all the serious stuff like living off ration packs for two weeks and catching eel from the Waipoua Stream we went up to the top of Northland and enjoyed two weeks in the Waipoua Forest & Puketi Forest and boy it is the simple life up around those areas I can tell yer. Huge lifestyle blocks and half the price you would pay for a house on the North Shore. Even got to build me own bed out of branches and made an "A" Frame Kiwi style. Not sure if Dean will get to go out on Exercise they have got a few planned for 2008 and 6 Sqn & 40 Sqn play a part in some of those. Sherren and a few friends are off to see " The Men Of Steel" in the Sunderland Lounge on Hobsonville tonight so it will be a late night for some, I have to play sober driver and taxi all the girls back home after midnight Speak to you again soon.

Mick, Sherren, Family
Hi Guys

Just another question, what did you all clean outdoor stuff with, did you clean absolutely everything

Annxxxx
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

rickg37 will become famous soon enoughrickg37 will become famous soon enough

We used jeys fluid on shoes and camping gear but we didnt bring any garden furniture, BBQ, bikes or even the tent mainly because of space in the container and also cleaning it all up. You can ask PSS to supply disinfectant to spray down everything so they certify this on your documents.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys

Just another question, what did you all clean outdoor stuff with, did you clean absolutely everything

Annxxxx
Hi Ann

Its all a con really we didnt clean anything and told MAF it had all been cleaned by PSS and they pulled aside my hedge cutters and chainsaw and other garden items and took them away for cleaning anyway, and the christmas tree with pine cones which we bought in NZ the last time we were here and they said they could of been contaminated returning to UK which was a joke and all together it cost us $220 which you can claim back whatever they charge you in the long run so its not worth going daft cleaning and spending money on cleaning materials going over board before you come out here as they will take it away for cleaning anyway it just depends how they are on the day. Just got back off me Taxi duties for the girls watching Men of Steel over at Hobby.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys

Thanks for your quick replys, will just clean girls swings and hiking boots, rest of the stuff seems pretty clean.

Ann
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

I agree, even if you have cleaned it, if they want to have it done again they will. I spent hours cleaning all our shoes [ well mainly mine!] and they didnt even look at them. They looked at every box that had xmas decs on the list and anything that was from outside. Andy just power washed the bikes and MAF said they were very clean . [by the way if you are bring any adult bikes the packers put them in bike boxes and you have to take off the front wheel , pedals and sadals. ]

I too went to oogle at The Men of Steel, WAY to many G&Ts totally paying for it today
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:33 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

As an ex-RAF wife, I can confidently say: if you can do the perfect march-out; you can do this without raising a sweat
Karen B
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Hi folks

Had our x rays on friday, everything came back normal. (I had to have mine done twice cos I didn't take a big enough breath first time round, the wife now calls me mouse lungs)!!

Got the rest of the medical on the 26th, just want to get it done now, I feel like i've been looking at and applying for jobs and waiting for emails and sending emails back and waiting for more emails and having interviews and then waiting for more emails for ever now Still, a small light has appeared at the end of the tunnel now and i'm sure it will be worth it .

Hope everyone is well.

Richy and Kat
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys

Glad the first part of the medicals went ok, we are eagily awaiting the pss guys on thursday, just finished one daughters room (the smallest room), going to tackle the 2nd one tomorrow.

A question: Will i be able to bring in tins of quailty street, or will i have to hide them

Thanks

Annxx
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys

Glad the first part of the medicals went ok, we are eagily awaiting the pss guys on thursday, just finished one daughters room (the smallest room), going to tackle the 2nd one tomorrow.

A question: Will i be able to bring in tins of quailty street, or will i have to hide them

Thanks

Annxx
Hi Ann,

Course you will be able to bring in OUR Quality Street hahahaha.....Or I will make sure you get a CRAP House

Mick, Sherren. xx
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonesey
Hi Ann,

Course you will be able to bring in OUR Quality Street hahahaha.....Or I will make sure you get a CRAP House

Mick, Sherren. xx
Hi Guys

Have managed to get you 2 tins, is that ok,

Love

Annxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.