Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RNZAF / RAF transfers.

Originally Posted by annbee
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICK Have a few on us

Love

Ann, Dean , Luce and Polxxx
Well what can I say !! Its official I had my first Kiwi Birthday at work, and you have to shout your own Birthday cake which cost me $7... So I turned up at our local Hobby bakery, you take your pick from the full range which in my case was a Carrot cake with iced topping and fresh cream, I had to watch the budget on a CPL's wage. Got a good dozen slices out of it and we all tucked in at Joe Break time 10:00 for those who are privileged enough to adorn the blue cloth amongst us. What can I add further to this thread being it my 1st Kiwi Birthday an all......Well times are still good and its still early days as yet, but would honestly say there is nothing much I miss in UK that I don't get here to be totally truthful, there is still so much to do on our wish list and slowly we are mapping out our to try to get some of it done. Like travelling down South to see the sights like Christchurch, Sounds, and so on and so on. Even as far as saving a little in our budget for places like Oz or Fiji next year. The house we are living in will do us for a while, we got through the worst here in Winter for damp, only a few spots in the bedrooms and good old EXIT MOULD cures that once sprayed. Do I miss Brick Houses and decent Cavity wall insulation ??? Nah. The summer is just around the corner and we have Chrimbo in the sun to look forward too which makes you feel so much better and puts you in a good mood for the day, Oh that M1 and M25 gridlock how I remember those times so well, I will have nightmares tonight just remembering those days.....give me the 3km ride into Whenuapai anyday. So its good to remember a few little memories I have left behind on my 1st Kiwi Birthday, Now I have finished for tonight and can settle back into my recliner courtesy of Target Store and sample my bottle of Red Banrock Station 2006 Cabernet Merlot given to me by my beloved on my 46th Kiwi Birthday...Oops I must stop my ramblings and thank Ann,Dean,Lucy,Polly for their kind Birthday Wishes and don't forget its not long now before you make you way to the LAND OF THE LONG WHITE CLOUD.

Take care see you all soon.

Mick,Sherren,Ryan,Matthew,Chloe,Sophie
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

jonesey will become famous soon enoughjonesey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
How did the news article on you going to NZ go!!!?

Happy Birthday Mick!!

Debborah.x
Hi Debborah,

Thanks for the Birthday wishes, the Jones clan haven't had the chance to catch up with you all on your arrival and BBQ Meet & Greet, they work you hard here on base, No I lie....couldn't stand to sample another bit of steak or those gopping sausage they serve up to be totally honest in Education. So we will have to meet and say hello, Sherren holds the record for the most piss ups and BBQ's on base housing so far it was only for a bad case of high winds that broke the glass in the table that put a stop to our group meetings. Anyway I diverse to something else that's bothered me !! Wots this you and Ann have been on this Britexpats site after me and Sherren and looking at your user names your now Senior Members with 3 stars, that is shocking what have i been doing all this time I ask myself. So I will have to get my thread working again and get some status.......

Mick,Sherren
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been on the 5 next words thread for ages doing that and i think i clocked up some karma!! You also get more stars on how many times you log in, and i am always checking my PM's so that does it too!!
Oh yes the food and i was starving too so that wasnt good!!
If you know where i live just pop round!! I dont need to be led astray with bd habits i have plenty of my own
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Hi Debborah

Got your card yesterday,thanks, not more shopping. Going into town on Thursday, feel a shopping trip coming on. Man coming tomorrow to access our stuff and hopefully say all will fit in. Raining here today so kids have been a bit bored, hopefully sun tomorrow. Hows it all going, you must be all settled in now and feel like home.

Love

Annxx
Old Aug 15th 2007, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice

Great about the card, i will email you!!
Yes we are getting the house straight, having all your own stuff around you makes a big difference.
I was mopping the kitchen floor earlier and noticed i could see daylight at the side of the cooker! there is a hole in the kitchen floor!!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Barrow in Furness waiting to fly out to Auckland on Feb 12!
richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

Hello all, are we well! I'm getting on with my ITA, police are emailing me forms for police checks, going to book medicals this week. I have to have a NDF medical as well as a NZIS, are they very different, RNZAF have advised me to have them both at the same time. Another quick question, the RNZAF fitness test apart from the run, what else do I have to do, is it press ups and sit ups like the RAF? I'm so glad the beep test isn't involved, I hate it!!!

Richy
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

brujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the rough

Gutted. Had a reply back from RNZAF, they said that although i'm a pilot i still gota go out there to do all the selection processes for a commissioned officer - can't afford that right now so guess it's down to a recce next year and keeping with the Skilled Migrant Category with Debi as the prima applicant with her nursing quals. Unless of course i do the selection on my month long holiday?? Anyone got any ideas as to what's involved??
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by richyandkat
Hello all, are we well! I'm getting on with my ITA, police are emailing me forms for police checks, going to book medicals this week. I have to have a NDF medical as well as a NZIS, are they very different, RNZAF have advised me to have them both at the same time. Another quick question, the RNZAF fitness test apart from the run, what else do I have to do, is it press ups and sit ups like the RAF? I'm so glad the beep test isn't involved, I hate it!!!

Richy
Hiya!!! What fun the ITA is eh?!! Dont forget about drugs tests when you go for NDF medical or you will have to go back!!
RNZAF should fax the docs with what they want.
My hubby has just done his fittness test this morning!!! He passed!! You have to do pressups [ the number depends on how old you are] but they are right down to the floor. Hard apparently!! About 33. Then a run with weights attached to you. No bleep test i dont think i will ask him when he gets in!
All the best with the rest of you ITA. Debborah.x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brujarerdeb
Gutted. Had a reply back from RNZAF, they said that although i'm a pilot i still gota go out there to do all the selection processes for a commissioned officer - can't afford that right now so guess it's down to a recce next year and keeping with the Skilled Migrant Category with Debi as the prima applicant with her nursing quals. Unless of course i do the selection on my month long holiday?? Anyone got any ideas as to what's involved??
Sorry to hear that......... Debi should easily get PR with her qualifications though so at least you still have another option. Maybe apply for RNZAF when you have moved here?
A recce trip is a really good idea to give you heads u on what you are wanting NZ to offer to your life. All the best, Debborah.x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

brujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the roughbrujarerdeb is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the pos response DC, I think a recce trip is a must if deciding to upsticks and do one the other side of the world, hopefully I can use it to some advantage at the same time though eh. Glad to see you're settling in - jealous or what!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

richyandkat will become famous soon enoughrichyandkat will become famous soon enough

Well police checks handed in today, paid my £20 for me and the wife.Now i just sit back and wait...... Oh I need to sort the medicals out, finish the rest of the ITA stuff, do the relcocation questionaire decide what stuff we want to take with us etc etc.......

I wish we had some servants!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richyandkat
Well police checks handed in today, paid my £20 for me and the wife.Now i just sit back and wait...... Oh I need to sort the medicals out, finish the rest of the ITA stuff, do the relcocation questionaire decide what stuff we want to take with us etc etc.......

I wish we had some servants!!!!
Hi Richy

There is a light at the end of the tunnel honest. We had removals guy yesterday looking at all our things, he said yes no problem. The office rang today to say that we have to much stuff and it wont fit in the container:curse:. Two options, pay for excess stuff to go seperate or put to one side stuff that we are not to bothered about and leave behind. Not much to think about

Regards

Ann
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Is it a lot of stuff? will it be expensive to pay the excess? Just sell it

We have just started sorting our stuff, well we've done the CD's! We do have nearly 400 so we can't really take em with us, just put em on our ipod so if that dies then we'll be singing to each other!!

We've got so much stuff left to sort, still in boxes from when we moved to Leuchars last August! not labelled tho so we'll be unpacking to pack! :curse:

Richy and Kat
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys

Didnt think that we had a lot of stuff, until they rang us yesterday. Just going to sort some bits out and hope that the rest of the stuff will fit in. The earliest date that the removal company can come over and pack our stuff is the 13th and 14th September, that dosent give us much time as we fly on the 15th October:curse:. Hopefully the ship will be a fast one
Love
Annxx
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya! it will go in !! dont worry Our stuff set sail on the 8th June and got here on the 10th July [ must have been a speedboat!] then was in customs for 1 week. Really quick and no hassles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.