Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RNZAF Married quarters Auckland

RNZAF Married quarters Auckland

Old Sep 14th 2016, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Atkinson4910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RNZAF Married quarters Auckland

Was wondering if anyone had any information regarding married quarters at RNZAF Auckland.
Me and my family are due to move there early next year, I am currently in the RAF but earlier this year was lucky enough to sign up to the Royal New Zealand Air Force. We have our visas in place and we are just waiting for my time to finish in the RAF then over we come.
I have been hearing rumours that married quarters are hard to come by, we haven't been told yet if we have one and they are saying just to wait, just wondered if anyone else had this problem.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RNZAF Married quarters Auckland

A colleague of mine in Wellington was in the RNZAF and in married quarters in Auckland up until a few years ago. Will ask him later today when I see him across the Vidcon.

Another guy I'm on shift with was never in the air force but was contracted to the MOD as an aircraft engineer for 3 years and worked for Air New Zealand for 10 years prior so has a little bit of knowledge of married quarters.
Says all married quarters are now looked after externally by a property management company and that they are managed much like any other property rental meaning anyone can rent there not just military personnel, however priority is given to air force personnel and contractors to the air force first before they can be offered out to civilians. The properties are pretty old but cheap and comfortable. He was in Blenheim when he contracted to the MOD and applied for married quarters there but got a better deal at a private rental near to the base.
He would advise you wait to see if you are offered one as they are a better option than renting elsewhere in Auckland ?

As I said, I'll ask my other colleague and will re-post again soon.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Atkinson4910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RNZAF Married quarters Auckland

Thank you for your speedy response. Any info would be greatly appreciated.