Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

at risk of sounding like a whingeing pom...

at risk of sounding like a whingeing pom...

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: at risk of sounding like a whingeing pom...

Originally Posted by love30stm
Oooh really? Ill have to start on the gin is it just blue Sapphire or any gin? not that I'm dying for a drink you know
Once you try BS you will never go back to just gin.

Tall glass, double nip, lots of ice, lemon slice and topped up with good tonic water.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:55 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bellasmum

Tall glass, double nip, lots of ice, lemon slice and topped up with good tonic water.
Sounds nice
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stoof
we've been here the best part of 3 months, and i haven't found a decent brand of tea yet!!! help me, please!!

finally got our teapot and stuff last week, so i'm going to try some proper leaf tea this week, but i'd be grateful if you could share details of any decent you've found!!

in the uk i drank tea-direct fairtrade tea bags, or leaf darjeeling or assam so anything you've found similar to any of these, would be ace!!

thanks everso!!

whinge over!
Have you tried Coffee maybe??

Actually, having just come back from Sydney it is great to be back to Wellington coffee

Last edited by irnbru14; Sep 3rd 2009 at 12:19 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum

Ah Bombay Sapphire, nah, I prefer a nice Plymouth Gin, with Scweppes tonic, over ice with a slice of lime
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

newnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud of

I'm with you on the Bombay Sapphire - can't be beaten! Has to be with Schweppes tonic and a slice of lemon and lime. Then loads of tea the following morning! I like my tea nicely stewed 'builders' tea, so it doesn't seem to matter what brand as long as I leave the teabag in for a very long time!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newnip
I'm with you on the Bombay Sapphire - can't be beaten! Has to be with Schweppes tonic and a slice of lemon and lime. Then loads of tea the following morning! I like my tea nicely stewed 'builders' tea, so it doesn't seem to matter what brand as long as I leave the teabag in for a very long time!
I usually need very strong black coffee x 2 cups the next morning if I have more than three or four double BS's.

I certainly agree with you about the Sweppes tonic. The cheaper stuff in the Supermarket is awful.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I like my tea nicely stewed 'builders' tea, so it doesn't seem to matter what brand as long as I leave the teabag in for a very long time!
Sounds like my cup of tea exactly. I've seen people shudder and almost expire at the sight of my tea. Over the years I have developed the knack of serving a cup of gnats pee when required.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

newnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud of

I have a friend who drinks it so weak it's hardly worth wasting a bag on! I usually put her bag in my mug and have an extra strong one! Then just show it the milk!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tea is for girls
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Tea is for girls
So says the 'fizzy pop' drinker!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zoglet
So says the 'fizzy pop' drinker!
Only when hungover
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have a friend who drinks it so weak it's hardly worth wasting a bag on! I usually put her bag in my mug and have an extra strong one! Then just show it the milk!
I do that too. I'm also married to a bloke called Phil. Maybe we need our tea to have some poke to it.

With certain friends, I bring my own extra bags to make sure I get a decent tea . Most of 'em let me do my own bit of milk now as they got fed up of me shouting WHEN as soon as they tipped the milk.

You are a woman of obvious taste IMVHO. Have some karma on me.

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Tea is for girls
My tea could make hair curl, protect wood fences and take the smell from men's socks mate, but it's lovely to know I am still a girl
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Thank you - I have never had Karma before! xx