Riots.

Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Riots.

Originally Posted by billingham
The worrying thing about all of this is that there is a sense of co-ordination in the rioting. Social networking sites, text messaging - the rioters are dodging the police and striking where they are weakest.

We need to know who these ring leaders are - if they are allowed to continue then there will always be mindless youths willing to enter the fray.

Back in the good old days we would have just shipped them all off to Oz - don't you dare!
Yes social networking has much to do with the orchestration. I always knew there was a valid reason why I loathed all this social networking and moblie phones obsession most people seem to have!!!!!!!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

HelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant future

Back in the good old days we would have just shipped them all off to Oz - don't you dare!
Now thats an idea but the way this country is going we would literally have less than half of the population left.....oooh we could be just like NZ then so not such a bad idea

Do I think it is correct to shoot people? ...uh no! However if some thug tries to shoot me I would quite happily retaliate with equivalent force and better aim!
Unfortunately we live in a world where the police have to protect themselves from discredulous individuals should we equip the police with scissors to go to sword fight?...No!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:10 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
Yes social networking has much to do with the orchestration. I always knew there was a valid reason why I loathed all this social networking and moblie phones obsession most people seem to have!!!!!!!
Oh go on then - you can shoot some mobile phones.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Have just seen Theresa May on the news.

She dosn't exactly inspire confidence.

She is talking about communites rising up against the thugs but I think that's ridiculous. People should be allowed to stay in their homes and feel safe.

We should borrow some water cannons from Northern Ireland and send in the horses. Don't agree whatsoever with shooting at them.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:21 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what will occur in any society where the punishment is no longer a deterrent for the crime. The UK works on a system of human rights for the offender and the victim, unfortunately the victim receives his lot from the offender who then hides behind 'human rights' from do-gooders well out of the real World. In a society which is rapidly reducing law enforcement numbers on the street the extremists are always going to be waiting their chance to exploit law abiding organizations.
The people of the UK are already petitioning for re-instatement of corporal punishment and abolishment of the EEC human rights umbrella simply because we have to establish a 'punishment to suit the crime' to try to claw back troublesome areas.
Any one out there with a mask and throwing missiles is guilty.....no matter what skirt they try to hide behind....
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:32 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
This is what will occur in any society where the punishment is no longer a deterrent for the crime. The UK works on a system of human rights for the offender and the victim, unfortunately the victim receives his lot from the offender who then hides behind 'human rights' from do-gooders well out of the real World. In a society which is rapidly reducing law enforcement numbers on the street the extremists are always going to be waiting their chance to exploit law abiding organizations.
The people of the UK are already petitioning for re-instatement of corporal punishment and abolishment of the EEC human rights umbrella simply because we have to establish a 'punishment to suit the crime' to try to claw back troublesome areas.
Any one out there with a mask and throwing missiles is guilty.....no matter what skirt they try to hide behind....
Just had a chat with my lovely 93 year old Grandad who today is not going out for his milk and paper, he thinks its best he stays in. Where are his Human Rights????

He said he never thought he would see London on Fire again!!!!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:52 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Riots.

The Tories are in power pushing budget cuts after giving their mates in the city £62 billion (averting a recession but seeding a depression), normal businesses are no better off and the market is fearful. Youth unemployment has been over 20% for at least 6 months and unions are striking. Now we just need the army on the streets to complete the feeling of division between government and those out of work.

Promise better job creation schemes to avert social conflict? No! Just get the army out there with water cannon, rubber bullets and tear gas to really stir up problems.

Just like the old days again, with a sad air of inevitability .
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:56 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
The Tories are in power pushing budget cuts after giving their mates in the city £62 billion (averting a recession but seeding a depression), normal businesses are no better off and the market is fearful. Youth unemployment has been over 20% for at least 6 months and unions are striking. Now we just need the army on the streets to complete the feeling of division between government and those out of work.

Promise better job creation schemes to avert social conflict? No! Just get the army out there with water cannon, rubber bullets and tear gas to really stir up problems.

Jobs for the boys on our public school fuelled system of control.....why change a democratic system that is ticking along so well......
Old Aug 9th 2011, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DandJMay
Just had a chat with my lovely 93 year old Grandad who today is not going out for his milk and paper, he thinks its best he stays in. Where are his Human Rights????

He said he never thought he would see London on Fire again!!!!
Bless him!

I hope he has nice neighbours who will look out for him.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:02 am
Account Closed

It is not like the old days for one very simple reason - skilled people used to be out of work, whereas many of those youths on the street are simply unemployable. Huge difference.

In the past, unemployed people rioted for jobs - now they are just rioting for a free plasma TV.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people could see this coming.

Police chief's warning of a return to '80s-style riots

From Daily Mail April 2009 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1UW6XhqX4
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:11 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martyc
Bless him!

I hope he has nice neighbours who will look out for him.

Thankfully yes, i have never once in my life heard him sound deflated. He is rocked and shocked, as we all are, by this.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:25 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Riots.

It is not like the old days for one very simple reason - skilled people used to be out of work, whereas many of those youths on the street are simply unemployable.
I'm glad you mentioned that because university graduate unemployment is also at the highest level since the 90's . The suggestion that all these people are unemployable is preposterous, their prospects are just shit. There is much to riot about in the UK although I don’t think people generally know that yet.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:28 am
Account Closed

The Tories are in power pushing budget cuts after giving their mates in the city £62 billion (averting a recession but seeding a depression)
Same old, same old. Depressing. Glad I am not there.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Same old, same old. Depressing. Glad I am not there.
Who gave the (mostly Scottish) banks £62bn?

I thought it was that Scottish PM, back in 2008/9? You know, the one who increased public spending by 120% and ended "boom and bust".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.