Riots.

Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Riots.

Originally Posted by billingham
Just out of interest - how would you differentiate between the 20 year old hell bent on destruction, and the 11 year old out with his mates nicking a pair of Nike trainers? Unless of course you are saying take your time, arrest them, take them to court, find them guilty, then give them the death penalty for burning a car, whilst the rapist gets 5 years - yeah, good call.

You will just create another set of victims.
Sorry, I just happen to believe in the death penalty for stuff like this..for rapists too. Its not my fault there is no justice. And in a rioting situation why not take a few out? It would possibly save lots of lives. I wonder how you would feel if your business and home was burned down?? They have now torched a huge Sony centre in Enfield the size of a few footy pitches. Looks like Dante's inferno. Hey but lets send them to court and let them have a wee bit of diversion. I am all for the little people, the innocent and the harmless. Rioters? Shoot them all if its possible. Changed my tack now as it has become a war zone. You shoot in war zones right?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:21 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
Sorry, I just happen to believe in the death penalty for stuff like this..for rapists too. Its not my fault there is no justice. And in a rioting situation why not take a few out? It would possibly save lots of lives. I wonder how you would feel if your business and home was burned down?? They have now torched a huge Sony centre in Enfield the size of a few footy pitches. Looks like Dante's inferno. Hey but lets send them to court and let them have a wee bit of diversion. I am all for the little people, the innocent and the harmless. Rioters? Shoot them all if its possible. Changed my tack now as it has become a war zone. You shoot in war zones right?
Why has it got to be either shoot them or nothing? Arrest them, lock them up, send them on boot camp (no matter what age they are), get tough, get them to learn respect.

Back at you. How would you feel, if your 11 year old child was out with his mates causing a disturbance and was shot by the police?

It is not a war zone. Just like Tienanmen square was not a war zone - unless you are going to hold up the Chinese way of dealing with riots as a shining example?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Why has it got to be either shoot them or nothing? Arrest them, lock them up, send them on boot camp (no matter what age they are), get tough, get them to learn respect.

Back at you. How would you feel, if your 11 year old child was out with his mates causing a disturbance and was shot by the police?

It is not a war zone. Just like Tienanmen square was not a war zone - unless you are going to hold up the Chinese way of dealing with riots as a shining example?
My son would not be out at 1am rioting..I can assure you of that. I have a degree of control over my kids. And if he/she did steal out of course I would be upset if they died by a police bullet but I am sorry it does not change my mind. Shooting them has an immediate effect. Court cases take weeks to get done. Arresting them will not make others make BIG decisions like going home. A few dead looters and rioters would. And as far as some one torching a car goes I could not care less if they were terminated by a police or army bullet. Play with fire and get burned. Look what has happened because no one has taken the appropriate action. Just like our kids..you can't touch me. Well I wish a bit of high velocity lead was in the air to stop them tonight. I wonder how many poor bastards have lost their jobs through all the businesses being torched. There must be 100s employed (or were) at the Sony centre. Upshot is (pardon the pun) I will not change my mind on this. Army in, guns out, drop a few rioters and it will all go away. Look at Nagasaki and Hiroshima, drastic but it worked. And I am talking about shooting wanton, violent nutters not innocent bystanders. Oh, it is a war zone BTW I have spent the whole morning on the BBc news..their words, the people there not mine.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Look at Nagasaki and Hiroshima, drastic but it worked.
I fear that society is in more trouble than I first imagined.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:25 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Riots also spreading to Birmingham, liverpool and bristol apparently! Watching BBC world news
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by love30stm
Riots also spreading to Birmingham, liverpool and bristol apparently! Watching BBC world news
I really think those army rifles need to be deployed. What do you reckon?? I think the other choice is total mayhem, major loss of more property and probably death of innocent bods. In short anarchy will reign sooner than later unless someone somewhere has the balls to put an end to all the madness. Shooting rioters is sorting the problem and will quell the madness. I might be wrong, it could get worse. But I doubt it. Cowards (which they are) WILL ALWAYS TURN AND RUN WHEN THE HEAT IS TURNED UP. sORRY DIDN'T MEAN TO SHOUT.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:02 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Just watch the BBC news, look at a few of the victims and then you will see why some of us want to see some looters and rioters despatched off this mortal coil.
I have seen! I have family in the areas affected but I still don't want people shot!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:05 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I really think those army rifles need to be deployed. What do you reckon?? I think the other choice is total mayhem, major loss of more property and probably death of innocent bods. In short anarchy will reign sooner than later unless someone somewhere has the balls to put an end to all the madness. Shooting rioters is sorting the problem and will quell the madness. I might be wrong, it could get worse. But I doubt it. Cowards (which they are) WILL ALWAYS TURN AND RUN WHEN THE HEAT IS TURNED UP. sORRY DIDN'T MEAN TO SHOUT.
I'm not getting into the discussion of shooting people! Sorry
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I have seen! I have family in the areas affected but I still don't want people shot!

Just a few verminous looters and rioters.......please??? Pretty please? They are as awful as terrorists in my opinion..isn't that what they are doing? Terrorising society. Only good terrorist is a dead one. Ditto looters and rioters.

Last edited by Genesis; Aug 9th 2011 at 4:34 am.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:51 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Just a few verminous looters and rioters.......please??? Pretty please? They are as awful as terrorists in my opinion..isn't that what they are doing? Terrorising society. Only good terrorist is a dead one. Ditto looters and rioters.
Not one. Not on my watch or on my conscience anyway. I do not want a soft approach taken to this- if you look at the footage so many are youths, some of school age, some late teens and lots of early 20s. Don't they have work to go to? Homes to look after? Where's their mana? You can shoot a handful of them now but I guarantee that won't end the problem as you're only dealing with the symptom and reacting to satisfy your own rage. The rot is pretty deep in societies where whole generations have no real purpose and get paid to hang around doing sweet FA. Work gives people purpose and pride, when it's absent in families for many generations a whole sick worldview creeps in that you can't just shoot dead.

I bet only a handful actually get punished for this- that's sick, really sick. The whole thing makes me sick.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:55 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I fear that society is in more trouble than I first imagined.
Indeed it is.

Do we want to live in a world where a 14 year old smashing windows and grabbing the contents of a shop is sentenced to summary execution without trial? Tough luck if she didn't do it but was an on-looker.

Who do we want to gun down next. How about autistic youths that grab light fittings from earthquake damaged buildings in Christchurch?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:57 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to add that I have two very close family members who live in London with their partners.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Not one. Not on my watch or on my conscience anyway. I do not want a soft approach taken to this- if you look at the footage so many are youths, some of school age, some late teens and lots of early 20s. Don't they have work to go to? Homes to look after? Where's their mana? You can shoot a handful of them now but I guarantee that won't end the problem as you're only dealing with the symptom and reacting to satisfy your own rage. The rot is pretty deep in societies where whole generations have no real purpose and get paid to hang around doing sweet FA. Work gives people purpose and pride, when it's absent in families for many generations a whole sick worldview creeps in that you can't just shoot dead.

I bet only a handful actually get punished for this- that's sick, really sick. The whole thing makes me sick.
I am not in a rage, I just want the crap to stop. As a society we are too weak and we view all life as sacred. It is not. Good life, innocent life is sacred, roiting looting scum is not sacred and should be done away with where appropriate. Rioting scum must be stopped and fast, stop the rot now and shoot a few. The rioting will probably stop shortly after the first handful are despatched. I hear endlessly how UK people say crime and punishment is too soft or tourists cannot believe the crap UK plod have to endure from gobby scum bags. I am a believer in caring for society and if that means knocking off some of these bastards I would have no probs with it on my conscience.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Indeed it is.

Do we want to live in a world where a 14 year old smashing windows and grabbing the contents of a shop is sentenced to summary execution without trial? Tough luck if she didn't do it but was an on-looker.

Who do we want to gun down next. How about autistic youths that grab light fittings from earthquake damaged buildings in Christchurch?
We need law and order. Nothing appears to have worked thus far. We've done the swimming with dolphins, diversion and family intervention. All utter bollocks. Come down hard, real hard and restore order. Singapore would not stand for this and it would have been doused in a few hours. They have balls and don't take any crap. I am sick of whimpy liberal attitudes to societies problems. There will be no society left soon if something pivotal is not done.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:21 am
Account Closed

The worrying thing about all of this is that there is a sense of co-ordination in the rioting. Social networking sites, text messaging - the rioters are dodging the police and striking where they are weakest.

We need to know who these ring leaders are - if they are allowed to continue then there will always be mindless youths willing to enter the fray.

Back in the good old days we would have just shipped them all off to Oz - don't you dare!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.