British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Riots. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/riots-727900/)

Charismatic Aug 18th 2011 8:31 am

Re: Riots.

FFS! "Historically-illiterate judgement".

Now can we move on, there is no basis on which to claim these problems are owed to a decay in modern society (parenting, law, education or other).

Genesis Aug 18th 2011 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 9566411)
FFS! "Historically-illiterate judgement".

Now can we move on, there is no basis on which to claim these problems are owed to a decay in modern society (parenting, law, education or other).

Did you see a couple of tossers who incited people to meet and riot on Facebook got 4 years, even I thought that was a result. What a great message it has sent out, can't believe some are saying some of the sentences are too harsh!!! These scum need to learn a big and nasty lesson..one other idiot got 18 months for having a looted TV in the back of his motor..go you judges!!!!! Bloody marvelous. For one justice appears to have sharp and nasty pointy things.

cheers Aug 18th 2011 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Genesis (Post 9567908)
Did you see a couple of tossers who incited people to meet and riot on Facebook got 4 years, even I thought that was a result. .

Not really when you consider the consequences of their actions. Its like shouting fire in a crowded theater.

Genesis Aug 18th 2011 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9567929)
Not really when you consider the consequences of their actions. Its like shouting fire in a crowded theater.

I am all for draconian punishment. I believe in a caring society yet one with very stiff penalties. Neither of these incited riots got off the ground. I think the only ones who turned up were the ones who set up the Facebook pages. I think it is a good result and one that sends out a strong message.

cheers Aug 18th 2011 11:01 pm

Do want to follow the penalty for this crime?

KEARNS — A man was charged Wednesday with burglary after allegedly entering a neighbor's home and eating $100 worth of food.

The Kearns man, 36, was charged in 3rd District Court with burglary, a second-degree felony, and theft, a class B misdemeanor.

According to the charges, the man was identified after he left behind a black duffel bag with a similar name on the tag and two piles of clothing that the homeowner recognized as belonging to a man that lives nearby.

The homeowner's neighbors told police they saw a man enter the home and confirmed the man's identity after being shown a booking photo by police officers, the charges state.