Riots.

Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Riots.

Originally Posted by DC10
He was fine - a little shaken (getting on in years these days!). He had to drive home dodging thugs wearing masks and throwing stones

The news coming out is just incredible. Basically every shopping area in London is being trashed, burnt and looted tonight.

I don't think many forumites realise (yet) just how serious this is. I would say the biggest crisis to hit London in decades.

Now off to bed and will hope nobody puts a brick through the window
I realise how serious this is. Thats why I reckon they need the army in. This is as bad as it gets in UK peace time
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
Personaly if I had it my way anyone who was rioting/looting would be shot on sight.
So looting should attract the death penalty? Blimey.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Maybe hire in some Gendermes too

Not many times in history that a 600 point drop on the Dow is relegated off the front pages...
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billingham
In times of civil conflict shooting of looters is permitted !!!

Looks like the country is really going to sh*t now, so glad im well out of it
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alanmacc

Looks like the country is really going to sh*t now, so glad im well out of it
Yes, and I think ungrateful expats in "boring" NZ should be shot on site too
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

In times of civil conflict shooting of looters is permitted
Yes. I rather thought that was the case.

Oh really. Ungrateful?

So. Is your Dad returning to NZ with you ?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

How are we ungrateful ??

What really pisses me off is the looting!!, riots street fights gangs and general unrest is one thing but why the need to loot, please don't give me the whole "awww they are jobless and they need these things to survive" bullshit loting is for one purpose only and that is self greed, IF they actually manage to prosecute any looters what will happen? a wee slap on the wrist and a "please dont do it again, we know you have suffered mental stress through this whloe process"

Law is way to soft on scum like these if they see them looting just shoot them and save the taxpayers a fortune in court fees, these people dont care about their local communities scum cant think that clearly and have no thuoghts but their own, I dont care what ethnicity they are or whether they are immigrants the counrty is gowing down the plug hole and this was seen many years ago by Enoch Powel !!

So the capital of the olympic games for next year this sends really good signals out the the rest of the world
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am certainly not saying that all, or even most, are ungrateful

My parents have always held Britain, as a place to live, in higher regard than I and intended staying on a few years longer. We'll see.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah why not? They are obviously not part of mainstream society and a cancer that would be better cut out and gotten rid of. I would be quite happy to see a few of the genuine rioters expired. Look what they are doing to the innocent, look what they are doing to their country. If I was there I would be wishing for short and sharp and brutal intervention from those in charge. They started it. What would you do to bring a swift end, send in mediators? Yeah right.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

How are we ungrateful ??

What really pisses me off is the looting!!, riots street fights gangs and general unrest is one thing but why the need to loot, please don't give me the whole "awww they are jobless and they need these things to survive" bullshit loting is for one purpose only and that is self greed, IF they actually manage to prosecute any looters what will happen? a wee slap on the wrist and a "please dont do it again, we know you have suffered mental stress through this whloe process"

Law is way to soft on scum like these if they see them looting just shoot them and save the taxpayers a fortune in court fees, these people dont care about their local communities scum cant think that clearly and have no thuoghts but their own, I dont care what ethnicity they are or whether they are immigrants the counrty is gowing down the plug hole and this was seen many years ago by Enoch Powel !!

So the capital of the olympic games for next year this sends really good signals out the the rest of the world
Glad I am not the only one who wants the law enforcement guns out. I regard myself as a bit of a lefty liberal but when the wheel comes off like this there is only one option IMO.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Many of the looters are actually too young to be arrested. The rest are mainly teenagers. We can't just create a dysfunctional society then shoot people because it is dysfunctional!

As far as I understand it, the police do not have powers to simply shoot them, there is far more to it than that. Thank god.

Tear gas? Rubber Bullets? More Manpower? Come on people, get real, there are any number of alternatives better than your massacre scenario.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Many of the looters are actually too young to be arrested. The rest are mainly teenagers. We can't just create a dysfunctional society then shoot people because it is dysfunctional!

As far as I understand it, the police do not have powers to simply shoot them, there is far more to it than that. Thank god.

Tear gas? Rubber Bullets? More Manpower? Come on people, get real, there are any number of alternatives better than your massacre scenario.
You don't need to shoot them all, that is not my idea. Yes water canon, tear gas and rubber bullets. If that does not work you pick out a few of the grown up rioters (who are seen looting, smashing shops, police cars, police etc) and despatch a few of them. I am sure that simple animal instinct will kick in and they will back off. The means justify the outcome or whatever they say. A few rioters shot will possibly save many other lives and will reduce the end bill to us lot, tax payers etc.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:52 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they are perfectly capable of killing themselves or one and other. Only a matter of time before somebody dies if this carries on.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have experienced essence of tear gas having been, unwittingly ,in the wrong place when riots kicked off in France. Blindingly painful it is too.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:07 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

"Recreational Rioting" - police station in Birmingham now set on fire. I think it will come down to the army.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.