Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

For the Richard Till lovers out there...

For the Richard Till lovers out there...

Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default For the Richard Till lovers out there...

I came across this in the bookstore today and had to share for you to put it on your Christmas lists...
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For the Richard Till lovers out there...

OMG, the mere suggestion that the book is the 'Special Collection' suggests there are more collections. It didn't think my loathing for him could be any worse, but that confirms he's more of a sadder twonk than I had initially gave him credit for.

I guess some people presumably will buy it for their old Nannas.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Nov 28th 2011 at 6:51 am.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:00 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
OMG, the mere suggestion that the book is the 'Special Collection' suggests there are more collections. It didn't think my loathing for him could be any worse, but that confirms he's more of a sadder twonk than I had initially gave him credit for.

get me out of here please
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

That was my first thought too.... MORE books about New Zealand tea-towels???
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Maynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really nice

According to my iPhone search, he's not even famous enough to warrant a Wikipedia entry!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Just in case no-one got past the picture, here is the description...

Remember Richard Till's fabulous range of nostalgic tea towels in his popular Kiwi Kitchen TV series? This attractive gift book celebrates the time when cities, provincial centres, women's organisations and food producers throughout the country all designed their own tea towels to brighten up kitchens everywhere. Hand-picked by Richard from his own impressive stockpile, each tea towel illustrated in Every Tea Towel Tells a Story: Richard Till's Special Collection is accompanied by an entertaining anecdote laced with Richard's inimitable sense of humour.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maynard Friedman
According to my iPhone search, he's not even famous enough to warrant a Wikipedia entry!
Oh dear. According to his book he had his own TV series. His Mum will be disappointed her vote wasn't enough to springboard him to his own Wikipedia page
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Maynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Just in case no-one got past the picture, here is the description...

Remember Richard Till's fabulous range of nostalgic tea towels in his popular Kiwi Kitchen TV series? This attractive gift book celebrates the time when cities, provincial centres, women's organisations and food producers throughout the country all designed their own tea towels to brighten up kitchens everywhere. Hand-picked by Richard from his own impressive stockpile, each tea towel illustrated in Every Tea Towel Tells a Story: Richard Till's Special Collection is accompanied by an entertaining anecdote laced with Richard's inimitable sense of humour.
Sounds just like the standard tat on offer in Sunday newspaper supplements - "these limited edition comedy porcelain pigs could be yours for just £300..."!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maynard Friedman
Sounds just like the standard tat on offer in Sunday newspaper supplements - "these limited edition comedy porcelain pigs could be yours for just £300..."!
I forgot about those! Limited edition, until we bring them out again in a few months time...
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Where do they find those characters?
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Seconded. The man makes my skin crawl
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Has anyone seen the new Countdown advert? It was a woman!!!!

She was explaining that if we wrap our birthday/Christmas presents in NEWSPAPER and a bit of ribbon to spruce it up, we would save money.

I'm sorry but things simply aren't that desperate where I can't afford to buy nice wrapping paper for presents. So, what they're saying is that to save money we can buy a newspaper that is reporting things like this to wrap presents and put them under the Christmas tree, or hand them out at children's parties...
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen the new Countdown advert? It was a woman!!!!

She was explaining that if we wrap our birthday/Christmas presents in NEWSPAPER and a bit of ribbon to spruce it up, we would save money.

I'm sorry but things simply aren't that desperate where I can't afford to buy nice wrapping paper for presents. So, what they're saying is that to save money we can buy a newspaper that is reporting things like this to wrap presents and put them under the Christmas tree, or hand them out at children's parties...
Ye gods & little boarlets

I confess to having bought my Christmas wrapping paper,tags & cards from M&S! Well they were on 3 for 2
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Ye gods & little boarlets

I confess to having bought my Christmas wrapping paper,tags & cards from M&S! Well they were on 3 for 2
Oh how I miss Boots 3 for 2. I could get everyone's pressies in under an hour!!

I'm looking forward to carefully unwrapping my M&S wrapped present, after reading my M&S card and gift tag...
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Oh how I miss Boots 3 for 2. I could get everyone's pressies in under an hour!!

I'm looking forward to carefully unwrapping my M&S wrapped present, after reading my M&S card and gift tag...
I miss Boots too though I ordered some Boots No.7 stuff(on 3 for 2)on-line & had it sent to my parent's address . I still have my advantage card & so I got points too

I look forward to wrapping up The New Zealand Herald for you in my M&S wrapping paper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.