returning to NZ

Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

rayzr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default returning to NZ

Hi

emigrated to NZ july 06 with wife and 2 kids on a WTR visa tied to a big company, the job was nothing like what they had offered and admitted so.
After 5 really stressful months I blew my top and walked out and shipped everthing back home family and all, after spending 8 months back on UK soil we are going back, belongings have left & flights booked.
Question, will we get stopped at immigration at the airport, WTR visa runs out Dec08, hoping to find a job when i get there and have it varied, i am taking a huge chance if something goes wrong, like would they ask why i have been out of the country so long or would the company i worked for let them know i had left their employ thus cancelling my visa.

any help would be appreciated

Rayzr
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: returning to NZ

Originally Posted by rayzr
Hi

emigrated to NZ july 06 with wife and 2 kids on a WTR visa tied to a big company, the job was nothing like what they had offered and admitted so.
After 5 really stressful months I blew my top and walked out and shipped everthing back home family and all, after spending 8 months back on UK soil we are going back, belongings have left & flights booked.
Question, will we get stopped at immigration at the airport, WTR visa runs out Dec08, hoping to find a job when i get there and have it varied, i am taking a huge chance if something goes wrong, like would they ask why i have been out of the country so long or would the company i worked for let them know i had left their employ thus cancelling my visa.

Rayzr
Where do you live now?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:57 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hi

Rayzr
If nobody has said anything I'd be surprised if immigration did anything other than stamp your passport.

All the best and good luck.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:29 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Rayzr
Is the visa tied to the first job? I think you had best get some professional advice.

ALSO JAJ can be useful with this type of thing....(but ask nicely because it must be tiring to answer the volume of complex visa/immigration questions that he is asked).
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Rayzr
Hi Rayzr and welcome to the forum, tricky one, first thing that springs to mind is why you didn't check before shipping and booking flights?

But as for the matter at hand, if the wta you have was linked to the job you had then you'll have to reapply for a new visa. Its the catch 22 situation lots have been caught in, where you get a job offer, get over here and the employer treats you as a dogs body knowing full well you can't do anything because he controls your visa, or at least you have to go through the expense of reapplying a new one.

Sorry to be negative, and I hope for you I'm wrong and you get the solution you kneed.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough

whose JAJ? is it some kind of governing body sorry if it sounds a stupid question cheers Lee
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

JAJ is the Wizard of Oz, the all powerfull ruler of the forum, the wisest of fellows around this ere parts.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Rayzr
Like others have said...you really need to check. Your visa was valid for the period stated and if it stated an employer then for that employer, having left their employ on wtr you would need employment with another accredited company...you may well be asked questions by immigration as you are actually trying to enter under a visa which may no longer be valid.

Phil...my hubby this is Debbie, was here on a work visa with a named company and we were told when he left their employ that his visa would not be valid and as such we could be asked to leave NZ. He secured another job the day after leaving that one so managed to get another visa but as you have been out of the country for so long it only takes one phone call from the immigration officer to the company (and lets face it having been out of the country for 8 months alarm bells will ring as soon as they see your passport) to find out when you left and thus invalidate your visa! Seek advice and sort it before you come otherwise it may be detrimental to your future chances of getting into NZ.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by danny.f
Where do you live now?
In the UK until 05.09.07.

Cheers
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by happynz
If nobody has said anything I'd be surprised if immigration did anything other than stamp your passport.

All the best and good luck.
Thanks for the reply.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by phil01
Like others have said...you really need to check. Your visa was valid for the period stated and if it stated an employer then for that employer, having left their employ on wtr you would need employment with another accredited company...you may well be asked questions by immigration as you are actually trying to enter under a visa which may no longer be valid.

Phil...my hubby this is Debbie, was here on a work visa with a named company and we were told when he left their employ that his visa would not be valid and as such we could be asked to leave NZ. He secured another job the day after leaving that one so managed to get another visa but as you have been out of the country for so long it only takes one phone call from the immigration officer to the company (and lets face it having been out of the country for 8 months alarm bells will ring as soon as they see your passport) to find out when you left and thus invalidate your visa! Seek advice and sort it before you come otherwise it may be detrimental to your future chances of getting into NZ.
Thanks for the advise, but seeking advise may only confirm my worst fears, it is impossible to speak to anyone in immigration they never reply to emails or calls.
I was thinking of pleading ignorance on arrival if questioned but also trying to secure a job beforehand or one when i get there, but dont know wether they would allow that, I think the company i worked for have a lot to answer for in regards of bringing people across the world on what i can only call false pretences, the job that was offered to me was not the job i was given, surley i have some argument for my case???
Thanks for replying.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by planty
Hi Rayzr and welcome to the forum, tricky one, first thing that springs to mind is why you didn't check before shipping and booking flights?

But as for the matter at hand, if the wta you have was linked to the job you had then you'll have to reapply for a new visa. Its the catch 22 situation lots have been caught in, where you get a job offer, get over here and the employer treats you as a dogs body knowing full well you can't do anything because he controls your visa, or at least you have to go through the expense of reapplying a new one.

Sorry to be negative, and I hope for you I'm wrong and you get the solution you kneed.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, i dont mind applying for a new visa, but would hate to be turned around at the airport and sent back to the UK.

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:39 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advise, but seeking advise may only confirm my worst fears, it is impossible to speak to anyone in immigration they never reply to emails or calls.
I was thinking of pleading ignorance on arrival if questioned but also trying to secure a job beforehand or one when i get there, but dont know wether they would allow that, I think the company i worked for have a lot to answer for in regards of bringing people across the world on what i can only call false pretences, the job that was offered to me was not the job i was given, surley i have some argument for my case???
Thanks for replying.

This is a foolhardy strategy. I think you need to take professional advice. If you are in danger of not being admitted surely it would be better to safe your family the cost and distress of being refused entry.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busterboy
This is a foolhardy strategy. I think you need to take professional advice. If you are in danger of not being admitted surely it would be better to safe your family the cost and distress of being refused entry.
Who do i get the professional advice from?

Regards
Ray
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:42 am
A rather curious boy

Who do i get the professional advice from?

Regards
Ray
If you hold on someone will be along to point you in the right direction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.