Reload this Page >

Retrain Option to move from U.K. To NZ

Retrain Option to move from U.K. To NZ

Old Dec 2nd 2016, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Dj1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retrain Option to move from U.K. To NZ

Hi
Myself and my husband are considering moving to NZ. We have 2 young children.
My husband earns a very decent salary in the UK in car rental but we have always wanted to move to either Australia or New Zealand.
He may be able to apply for jobs in a similar field in NZ but with a pay cut.
I am returning to work after taking time off with my children and wondered what I could retrain as to gain points for a visa. I already have a Health Science BSc...
Any ideas/ suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retrain Option to move from U.K. To NZ

The most expedient option would be to see how your current qualification can be used - certainly will get you some points for that but need also to have relevant job / work experence.

You have to be very mindful that getting a new qualification may not necessarily be enough, as it needs to be coupled with relevant work experience related to that qualification. Getting a new qualification and some relevant work experience in a new field can be a very long term prospect and you might find that by the time you get there the skills are no longer in shortage or rules and requirements have change.

Have a look at Long Term Shortage list. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...rtage-list.pdf