Resolve

Old Mar 12th 2013, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resolve

Genesis, dear boy, what is it that you enjoy doing? Hobbies, if you will?

No matter how rubbish I'm feeling about life, for me it's a nice long bike ride (cycling as opposed to motorbike), a hot shower and a cuddle with my 2 year old.

I find riding my bike allows me to get my agression out at first. When that has subsided I have time to think and realise life isn't all that bad. I've got my health, my home, my job, my family, I have food in the fridge and no one is knocking on my door collecting debts from me.

By the time I get home I've forgotten why I was even pissed off in the first place. Everyone loves a shower. And 2 year olds practically live with rose tinted spectacles on such is their innocence, the world is never a stress unless you can't reach the biscuit tin on the sly - this is refreshing to me.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Jobry01 will become famous soon enoughJobry01 will become famous soon enough

I deleted reply along the same as tommyluck

get home after crappy day (almost every one just now) get pounced on by our new 8 month old collie, get the ipod and we go for a run for 1-2 hrs, I listen to the music while watching him chase rabbits and deer

By the time we get home the wife and two kids are back from work and uni sit down eat, talk and squabble and have forgotten what I was worried about (for wee while)

Everyone should try to have an escape be it a hobby, family or friends
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Genesis, dear boy, what is it that you enjoy doing? Hobbies, if you will?

No matter how rubbish I'm feeling about life, for me it's a nice long bike ride (cycling as opposed to motorbike), a hot shower and a cuddle with my 2 year old.

I find riding my bike allows me to get my agression out at first. When that has subsided I have time to think and realise life isn't all that bad. I've got my health, my home, my job, my family, I have food in the fridge and no one is knocking on my door collecting debts from me.

By the time I get home I've forgotten why I was even pissed off in the first place. Everyone loves a shower. And 2 year olds practically live with rose tinted spectacles on such is their innocence, the world is never a stress unless you can't reach the biscuit tin on the sly - this is refreshing to me.
I am a petrol head and currently thinking about buying a modern day classic to replace my MPV (we have 2, don't need 2!) and an older classic that I have ALWAYS wanted to own. Going to look at it this arvo. I do lots of fitness, really enjoy cooking, DIY (sounds like a resume!!) and love my dear wife Kate immensely (and my 3 wonderous kids obviously!!).

I do have much to be happy about but we have a particularly 'spirited' boy who is now 11 almost 12 and has been 'spirited' since birth. Kate is VERY cool and calm and even she refers to him as a very (albeit a lovely and very VERY intelligent boy!) challenging child.

Kate and I have been through a rough patch with general 'life stress' but we are both working our way back to 'positive street'. I am aware that I need to get on and do more with MY life, I have lots of spare time and need to start using it better. Those Blokarts WILL be out soon....my neighbour keeps nagging me to get down the beach.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:17 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Genesis
Those Blokarts WILL be out soon....my neighbour keeps nagging me to get down the beach.
Ah, yes! Land yachts we called them back in the 70's... As a brainless teenager I was living in a place called Kambalda, about 50 miles east of Kalgoorlie, in Western Oz. Right next to us was Lake Lefroy - a salt lake. Used to get out on the lake and get up to some pretty hair-raising speeds, even for me!! Saw one bloke who hit one of the rare patches of 'water', and his yacht dug in and stopped dead. Idiot wasn't wearing his harness and shot out of the yacht like an arrow from a bow. Ever head of 'rubbing salt in the wound'....? He looked like hamburger all across his back! Didn't stop him though - once he'd (almost) healed up he was back out there, just as crazy as ever.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
I am a petrol head and currently thinking about buying a modern day classic to replace my MPV (we have 2, don't need 2!) and an older classic that I have ALWAYS wanted to own. Going to look at it this arvo. I do lots of fitness, really enjoy cooking, DIY (sounds like a resume!!) and love my dear wife Kate immensely (and my 3 wonderous kids obviously!!).

I do have much to be happy about but we have a particularly 'spirited' boy who is now 11 almost 12 and has been 'spirited' since birth. Kate is VERY cool and calm and even she refers to him as a very (albeit a lovely and very VERY intelligent boy!) challenging child.

Kate and I have been through a rough patch with general 'life stress' but we are both working our way back to 'positive street'. I am aware that I need to get on and do more with MY life, I have lots of spare time and need to start using it better. Those Blokarts WILL be out soon....my neighbour keeps nagging me to get down the beach.
Sounds like you've got an idea of how to progress, now for the hard part. Getting out there and enjoying YOUR life.

Which is perhaps not always the life you play as dad and husband ... ?