Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Residency Approved.. Really!!

Residency Approved.. Really!!

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:03 am
Dragging 4 kids with us..

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of
Default Residency Approved.. Really!!

I just had to create a dedicated thread because we got approved for residency today. I apologise for the self-indulgence.

So, Me, the missus and our herd of kids (we have four) will be heading over to Wellington on March 26th.

I know there have been thousands before us, and there will be thousands after us, but just for today, just for right now, we're revelling in how exclusive it feels to have completed all the necessary requirements, gone through all the medicals, provided all the documentation, covered the associated costs (including the upcoming migrants levy fees) and are being allowed to take up residency.

It's a weird feeling though isn't it? Lurching from being overjoyed at receiving residency approval to the emotions of "oh my god - we're going"...
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:07 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency Approved.. Really!!

Originally Posted by Jules & Danny
I just had to create a dedicated thread because we got approved for residency today. I apologise for the self-indulgence.

So, Me, the missus and our herd of kids (we have four) will be heading over to Wellington on March 26th.

I know there have been thousands before us, and there will be thousands after us, but just for today, just for right now, we're revelling in how exclusive it feels to have completed all the necessary requirements, gone through all the medicals, provided all the documentation, covered the associated costs (including the upcoming migrants levy fees) and are being allowed to take up residency.

It's a weird feeling though isn't it? Lurching from being overjoyed at receiving residency approval to the emotions of "oh my god - we're going"...
Woo hoo!!!!! Hey indulge and brag all you want. Many many congratulations to all of you!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:08 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:40 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

I just had to create a dedicated thread because we got approved for residency today.
Bloody well done, and full marks on a great result!

We'll hopefully be following the rocky road to residency in the not too distant future. Good luck with the next stages to getting out here
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:01 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very weird feeling - congratulations!
And if there's anything you need help with let me know - I'm in Wellington
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:20 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Congrats and we know how good it feels ,we got our residency last sept after starting our EOI in march after a reccy here and job interviews in Welly and Whangerei,finally settled in Welly and love it.Make sure when you get here you have a way (laptop) of getting online and use the forum for any help you need .The people here are fantastic and stick together and give a true relection of what life is all about .BBQ`s make fantastic meets and new friends are made for life in a country strange to you we need all the help so we can return the same to other newbies.Welcome and get in touch as soon as you can after getting here .Have you decided whre you will be staying yet ie renting or motel for a while until you find something that suits?.Lots of free advice is always on tap,enjoy your "New Beginnings" as we have
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations - we're also in Welly so would be happy to help you in any way. We have 3 kids and they have settled in really well.
So, when are you coming
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

congrats to you , we're on the kapiti coast xx
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:39 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news! Woo-hooo! Oh, and that 'lurching' feeling, your'll get all the time now!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya!!! I remember the feeling well..... its so exciting yet nerve-wracking too!! I hope you love it here!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:56 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done you!!

Brag all you like. I'm having very self-satisfied day and it's not yet 9am!!

My last day at work. Still slightly pickled from last night, brother arrived for weekend, last time we'll see him until/unless he comes visit.

"Today, Matthew, I shall mainly be SHOUTING FROM THE ROOFTOPS THAT I AM LEAVING THIS PLACE TO LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND - BET YOU WISH YOU COULD TOO!!!!!" So let's all shout together?!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well done you!!

Brag all you like. I'm having very self-satisfied day and it's not yet 9am!!

My last day at work. Still slightly pickled from last night, brother arrived for weekend, last time we'll see him until/unless he comes visit.

"Today, Matthew, I shall mainly be SHOUTING FROM THE ROOFTOPS THAT I AM LEAVING THIS PLACE TO LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND - BET YOU WISH YOU COULD TOO!!!!!" So let's all shout together?!
I feel excited for you too!! When youve just spent all afternoon down on a beautiful beach like I have.... well, life doesnt get much better!!! Youll love it here.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:01 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahB
I feel excited for you too!! When youve just spent all afternoon down on a beautiful beach like I have.... well, life doesnt get much better!!! Youll love it here.
Wanted to don fairy wings and tiara for last day at work in a very sensible, prfessional, grown up stylie, but couldn't find them in the chaos that is home?!

Am giddy today with left over alcohol and excitement!!! So can totally relate to OP!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Residency Approved.. Really!!

Top man!

Well done!

Some EOI Karma coming your way!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Wanted to don fairy wings and tiara for last day at work in a very sensible, prfessional, grown up stylie, but couldn't find them in the chaos that is home?!

Am giddy today with left over alcohol and excitement!!! So can totally relate to OP!!!
I couldnt wait to leave my job in UK. I ended up working for a right nasty piece and was going to leave even if we hadnt of emigrated.... and she used to live in NZ and loved it so was right jealous! hehe

What date are you coming again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.