Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Reputable (and reasonably priced) shipping companies

Reputable (and reasonably priced) shipping companies

Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice
Default Reputable (and reasonably priced) shipping companies

Could anyone help me?
Has anyone already recently (ish) emigrated to NZ. Which shipping company did you use? and price and reliability please?
I have contents of a 4 bedroomed house to bring plus all paraphenalia associated with 3 kids (youngish adults) and husband (oldish child).
How long in advance will we need to get quotes?
I know this thread has been discussed previously but I can't for the life of me find it on the forum so apologies for being boring and repetetive.
Love Caitlin
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:00 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reputable (and reasonably priced) shipping companies

Originally Posted by caitlin206
Could anyone help me?
Has anyone already recently (ish) emigrated to NZ. Which shipping company did you use? and price and reliability please?
I have contents of a 4 bedroomed house to bring plus all paraphenalia associated with 3 kids (youngish adults) and husband (oldish child).
I know this thread has been discussed previously but I can't for the life of me find it on the forum so apologies for being boring and repetetive.
Love Caitlin

Have a look in the Really Useful Thread at the top of the page Think Dreamfish posted some info around about Octoberish time!!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Could anyone help me?
Love Caitlin
I can recommend Crown - very reputable, not the cheapest. £4500 for a 20ft container (last June). Excellent service from start to finish, nothing missing, nothing broken, they wrap and pack everything. They sort out all the Maf stuff, you just wait for your stuff to arrive.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 7:35 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
I can recommend Crown - very reputable, not the cheapest. £4500 for a 20ft container (last June). Excellent service from start to finish, nothing missing, nothing broken, they wrap and pack everything. They sort out all the Maf stuff, you just wait for your stuff to arrive.

Lots of people on the forum have ATTEMPTED to get Crown out for quotes, to no avail, personally, they didn't even return my call!!

We're probably gonna go with PSS ( approx £3750 for 20ft)
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
yep we too used crown - excellent service
Old Jan 27th 2007, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Dave in Auckland will become famous soon enough

Could anyone help me?
Love Caitlin
You probably mean a container, I guess. But if anyone's looking for smaller shipments, I used Voovit.com. Glasgow to Auckland, 10 of these boxes,
30kgs each, and I made sure mine were 30kgs each for 360 quid. Easy to use, simple website, everything turned up dafe & sound. I'd reccommend gaffa taping all corners of the boxes to be on the safe side
Attached Thumbnails Reputable (and reasonably priced) shipping companies-box002.gif  
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future

Hi

We used PSS. we got quotes from them and Pickfords. Both seemed very professionally and only small difference in quotes.

Cost appros 4.5 grand (it is the insurance that boosts the cost) for 3 bedroom house. They do come and look around at what you've got and then give you a quote for what size they need.

PSS were very professional, reliable and organised. Don't stand still for too long when they arriv to pack, otherwise you'll be padded, wrapped and boxed!

We had a few scratches on one or two items but nothing major really, considering it moved halfway round the world on a boat! Hope this is helpful.

Nick and Charlie
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Could anyone help me?
Love Caitlin
I started getting quotes in May for shipping out end of July.
We used PSS rep very helpful and packers were excellent as we had a lot of glass and china.This end NZ lines were fine and easy going went to offices to fill in paperwork for maf.Container 20ft gb £3200 plus ins all arrived fine maf visit about 20 mins $300. Guys unpacked only what we wanted we rang up about a week later for them to pick up excess pakaging. When you book you have to pay £250 just remember to deduct it off your final invoice.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice

Thanks to everyone for all this info - I will start getting quotes immediately.
Crown and PSS sound good but I don't know if Crown will be available!
ta
xx
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for all this info - I will start getting quotes immediately.
Crown and PSS sound good but I don't know if Crown will be available!
ta
xx
I've spoken to Robinsons and several local-international movers in Surrey?!
Just make sure they have all the correct intitials and insurances. I'd be happy to go with Robinsons at £6-7000 for 40ft container.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Hi,

We met with Crown, Britannia and PSS.

Our take on them are the following:

Crown - More worried about slagging off the opposition and a little too smarmy. Plus pricey.

PSS - Nice chap, seemed ok as a company, reasonable price.

Britannia - Nice chap, good price, very helpful on the phone and good attitude.

We feel for our needs that Britannia should do the job.

Hope it helps, just my opinion!

G
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

lebikebleu has a brilliant futurelebikebleu has a brilliant futurelebikebleu has a brilliant futurelebikebleu has a brilliant futurelebikebleu has a brilliant futurelebikebleu has a brilliant futurelebikebleu has a brilliant futurelebikebleu has a brilliant future

Could anyone help me?
Love Caitlin
This might be of use,

Found this on another forum (*****). They may be worth a try as the offer sounds reasonable.

QUOTE "White & Company in Harrogate have recently been offering massive discounts on all shipments to New Zealand destinations.

These discounts can still be obtained from us. Examples such as these are on offer;

20' container from Knaresborough to Auckland = £3000, for a full door to door service.

40' container from York to Christchurch = £4900, for a full door to door service.

Excellent rates for shared shipments are also available.

To secure your discounted rate we ask is that you reside with 80 miles of Harrogate and you to contact us and arrange a pre-move survey. This allows our surveyor to establish the size of your shipment and confirm your quote.

Even if your outside the 80 mile radius, if you ask nicely we may be able to extend the offer to you!

Contact me on;

01423 798910 or email;

[email protected]

Hope to hear from you

Regards
TCS" END QUOTE