Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Rentals - Rodney/North Shore

Rentals - Rodney/North Shore

Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default Rentals - Rodney/North Shore

Hi everyone... We arrive Auckland this Thursday and although we have temp rental accommodation for 2 weeks - so far that it is

We are looking at Rodney District/ top half of North Shore ie. Northcross/BrownsBay/Torbay etc.

If anyone is in the know about poss rentals coming up/available would really apprectiate the heads up (PM prob best????)

Family of 5 - ideally 4 bed (maybe 3) with garden and all the usual requirements

Failing that any recommendations on best rental agencies would be fab.

Lou

PS - where is the best place to get Garmin Sat Nav maps.... ( i am not techno enough to download them for free - i looked at the website and freaked out) - !!!!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:38 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rentals - Rodney/North Shore

Ooooh new toys! Where are you staying temp and when do you arrive? We are in Browns Bay and happy to help any way we can, pm for contact details if you wish...all the real estate offices are full of independant agents working for themselves so keep an eye on realestate.co.nz, be prepared to go around the local offices to get their up to date lists and be prepared to move quick.

Have you id´d schools yet?

Fun isn´t it ....and scary

Oh garmin satnav, well I think Bond & Bond or JB HiFi will do them or the units inc them for not much more than the NZ maps, both can be found in Albany Westfield Mall....tho check if you have a Nokia phone that supports satnav using their FREE maps....I´m still running on that and it has taken us all over both islands so far...

Last edited by simonsi; Jan 10th 2011 at 7:40 am.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Originally Posted by simonsi
Fun isn´t it ....and scary ...
Yes there are several choice words that spring to mind Had romantic visions of our last day spent chilling out and walking to the park for the last time etc....... but here we are frantically still trying to ditch the last of our stuff, pack so we are not over luggage allowance, tie up last bits of paperwork, sort keys out for various people, got the estate agent coming round to market it so running round with paintbrush, and the list goes on !!!!!

Had my eye on realestate web site so will keep a look out there. Thanks for info re sat nav stuff.

have initially made contact with Long Bay and Northcross schools but want to look round them and poss Rangitoto High and Whangaparoa. Plus need a primary. will be hitting the ground running when we touch down in Auckland.

thanks for help
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

ditto we are in Torbay pm me if you need anything I have a spare kettle and iron should you need it, I have a son aged 10 at Torbay school
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:13 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

We have experience of Northcross and Sherwood Primary, hope you already know that the primaries are heavily zoned and may or may not accept out-of-zone enrolments so that may govern, or be governed by where you live/rent initially....its a bit chicken-and-egg (again)
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with simon however we rented and stuck DS in torbay we then moved into Glamorgan zone but Torbay were more than happy to keep him, TBH i have not heard a bad word about any of the primaries in the north end of the north shore. within 5 mins car drive of our house there are 4 Sherwood, torbay, Glamorgan and long bay all good all feed into northcross intermediate and then either Long Bay or Rangitoto. again you can be out of Rangitoto and still get a place. shout if you need anything
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:22 am
Just Joined

RickAlbany is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janeyk
ditto we are in Torbay pm me if you need anything I have a spare kettle and iron should you need it, I have a son aged 10 at Torbay school
Hi, my son is at the same school, aged 9, they likely know each other lol
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

small world what class is your son in?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

RickAlbany is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janeyk
small world what class is your son in?
not sure, going into year 5 next month
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

ah mine will be a year 6 so might be in the same calss rm 2 not sure who the teacher is!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

My place is up for rent if you are still looking

http://www.realestate.co.nz/1478014

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Hiya does your place accept pets?