Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RENTAL ACCOMMODATION URGENTLY NEEDED

RENTAL ACCOMMODATION URGENTLY NEEDED

Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of
Default RENTAL ACCOMMODATION URGENTLY NEEDED

Hi,

We are desperately looking for a rental accommodation in the Nelson, Richmond, Brightwater, Stoke, Mapua, Wakefield and the areas around there. We are having great difficulty finding a decent rental to live in. We have a 9 and 2 year old, and would wish the rental to be in a decent area, with decent schools. We have been to all (and I mean ALL) the agencies and there seems to be a shortage of rentals (well decent ones at least). If anybody is able to assist, please let us know.

Thank you.

Angeline
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: RENTAL ACCOMMODATION URGENTLY NEEDED

Originally Posted by angpaul
Hi,

We are desperately looking for a rental accommodation in the Nelson, Richmond, Brightwater, Stoke, Mapua, Wakefield and the areas around there. We are having great difficulty finding a decent rental to live in. We have a 9 and 2 year old, and would wish the rental to be in a decent area, with decent schools. We have been to all (and I mean ALL) the agencies and there seems to be a shortage of rentals (well decent ones at least). If anybody is able to assist, please let us know.

Thank you.

Angeline

what about holiday lets?..thats what we went for...found a really nice one in the area we wanted...it was expensive,but we aproached the landlord and asked them to reduce the rent by half and we would sign the lease for a year...he was very willing...worked out fine...

coming into the summer there might be more to choose from.....gl......jacky
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:46 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angpaul
Hi,

Thank you.

Angeline
Hi Angeline

Have you tried the local paper? We're down in Marlborough & had the same problem when we arrived and it was literally a case of badgering the agents on a daily basis that turned something up for us, it took almost 4 weeks though

Where are you staying at the moment ?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:20 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice

I've just returned from staying in Mapua, in the Village shop window in Mapua
there we're a couple of houses for rent, also spoke to a British couple who own the Mapua holiday lodges up on the hill who I think do a reduced rate for long stay,the accommodation is in wooden lodges with great views over nelson.Hope this helps.We'll be looking for the same thing when we move over in April.I stayed at the Accent House B&B in Mapua which was fantastic.