Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

rent or buy around chch

rent or buy around chch

Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:43 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default rent or buy around chch

would like to hear peoples views on current house price trends in and around chch.Am I alone in thinking they are on the way down. Can anybody help to confirm who is responsible for paying local council tax payments in rented accom, I have received mixed reports on both these issues.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:22 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: rent or buy around chch

Do you pay council rates as a renter?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:39 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
would like to hear peoples views on current house price trends in and around chch.Am I alone in thinking they are on the way down. Can anybody help to confirm who is responsible for paying local council tax payments in rented accom, I have received mixed reports on both these issues.
as far as i know the owner not renter of the property pays the rates.
i know for sure that i don't!

As for houses.. seem to depend on the area and sometimes the street they are on. They are still selling around me, but there are lots still for sale to...

There you go a no help reply from Bin!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Still selling in Rangiora but takes a bit longer for some to sell.

No you don't pay rates if you are renting only phone electric and gas.

Helen
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:47 am
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all

Well here is one view on another forum: http://forum.globalhousepricecrash.c...howtopic=28570
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, I heard on the radio this morning that house prices are still up nearly 8% over the last 12 months. However, properties at the low end of the market are not selling and have experienced some price decline I think it said. These are houses for first home buyers and investors who have some elbow grease to invest. Houses outside of this range still have yet to report an affect, at least that is what I understood from the news story.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:58 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Hi, I heard on the radio this morning that house prices are still up nearly 8% over the last 12 months. However, properties at the low end of the market are not selling and have experienced some price decline I think it said. These are houses for first home buyers and investors who have some elbow grease to invest. Houses outside of this range still have yet to report an affect, at least that is what I understood from the news story.
Is that specific to ChCh? We are seeing the sub $400,000 properties sell and anything over that be slower?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:47 pm
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Hi, I heard on the radio this morning that house prices are still up nearly 8% over the last 12 months.
Not in Christchurch, the QV figure for February was 6.1% and that growth was nearly all from early 2007. Prices haven't moved since August last year and houses are piling up on the market, so something's got to give soon. Have you seen the Realtor magazine lately, it looks more like a phone book! There are a lot more rentals on the market than there usually are too, so no big pressure to buy.