Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Renewing passports in NZ

Renewing passports in NZ

Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:44 am
preet in the bays

preetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nice
Default Renewing passports in NZ

I'm trying to get round the maze that is the http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/ and honestly I cannot work this out.

I just want to renew my childrens passports but I cannot see how I can call someone to ask this simple question. Calling the High commission takes me to a answer phone that gives me a uk number that asks for a credit card before they'll talk to me.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:54 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing passports in NZ

Originally Posted by preetsangha
I just want to renew my childrens passports but I cannot see how I can call someone to ask this simple question.
You can't.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:13 am
preet in the bays

preetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
You can't.
What? I cannot renew them? Thank you for you quick reply.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all

Guessing this is the number you called which takes you to UK number

([To enquire about an existing passport application
Please call 0044 208 082 4727 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday in New Zealand.
Calls will cost 69 pence + VAT per minute charged to a credit/debit card, plus your international call rate charged to your phone account. Please have your credit/debit card ready before calling)

You can get through on the phone - did it years ago so don't remember the right number but found this number for high commission in the phone book
04-924 2889

Good luck
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:28 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

As I understand it, you are trying to renew your childrens passport, right?

Take a look at :

http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/...pplying-in-nz/

scroll down to the "renewing your passport" near the bottom and it will tell you exactly what you need and what to do
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:30 am
preet in the bays

thank you. Same as before. The guys on the won't take a debit card.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Perhaps I'm being a bit thick here, or simply going senile.

Can't you simply download the forms and apply that way?

C2 Form

Only use this form if you are:
  • aged 15 or younger and
  • a UK Citizen applying overseas or
  • a British Overseas Territories Citizen or
  • a British Overseas Citizen or
  • a British Protected Person.
Download two or however many kids yu have. Fill in the forms. Supply the necessary photos, certs and so forth. Fill in the bit abut how to pay. Courier the stuff and then wait.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 6th 2009 at 5:36 am.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:36 am
preet in the bays

Originally Posted by BEVS
Perhaps I'm being a bit thick here, or simply going senile.

Can't you simply download the forms and apply that way?
Thank you. What I'm worried about is submitting an application and then getting it rejected because I get some tiny point wrong and puff there goes $500. No refund! In the UK we can get the PO to check before sending. I can't afford to throw away that much money

Thank you again.

Last edited by preetsangha; Jul 6th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:40 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by preetsangha
Thank you. What I'm worried about is submitting an application and then getting it rejected because I get some tiny point wrong and puff there goes $500. No refund! In the UK we can get the PO to check before sending. I can't afford to throw away that much money

Thank you again.
It's a lot more expensive, slower and more hassle to get a British passport overseas.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Obtain...ports_overseas
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ah !
I can understand that. Looks pretty straightforward though.
Run it by this lot first if you like .
I'm sure that if the passport office finds something they don't understand, they will contact you. Anyway you have the children's previous passport for them to check against.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:49 am
preet in the bays

Originally Posted by JAJ
It's a lot more expensive, slower and more hassle to get a British passport overseas.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Obtain...ports_overseas
Thanks for this link.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:26 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ah !
I can understand that. Looks pretty straightforward though.
Run it by this lot first if you like .
I'm sure that if the passport office finds something they don't understand, they will contact you. Anyway you have the children's previous passport for them to check against.
+1
I completed our eldest's form and posted it all off and they did call to get my wife to write to confirm that we were together as a family and there was nothing untoward - never really understood that - but my point is that they did it by phone and accepted her fax, our minor issue was sorted out without any fuss.