Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Which Removel Company Would You Recommend...sorry i know it's been done before!!!

Which Removel Company Would You Recommend...sorry i know it's been done before!!!

Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:06 am
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light
Default Which Removel Company Would You Recommend...sorry i know it's been done before!!!

Hi Sorry i know it's been done time and time again but need to get about a list of 3 companies to be able to get quotes with

the stuff would need to be removed from South coast of England going to Christchurch

thanks in advance
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which Removel Company Would You Recommend...sorry i know it's been done before!!!

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome
Hi Sorry i know it's been done time and time again but need to get about a list of 3 companies to be able to get quotes with

the stuff would need to be removed from South coast of England going to Christchurch

thanks in advance
Well we've used PSS, although so far only had our stuff packed and put into storage.

Have to say have been very impressed with their knowledge, their quote, their customer service and the guys that came last week to pack did a fab job.

I can't advise on what it's like after shipping though, but I'm sure there are others on this forum that will be by soon.

Lou
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:15 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Removel Company Would You Recommend...sorry i know it's been done before!!!

I used Crown and they basically did what they said on the tin, although I don't recommend them because of the saga my mother had with them when moving to Oz.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future

we moving in sept 08. and think we are using anglo Pacific.

There prices about same as every one else, plus they got extras, they can claim your uk tax back you have due, also currency change and travel insurance.
they do all the packing for you and unpacking at other end.

http://www.anglopacific.co.uk/
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:51 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

we used john mason and they use the moving company here in NZ
no complaints really, only one broken piece of furniture and had no probs claiming on the insurance.
i would recommend them
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:21 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

We used Crown Mandie.

My MIL has just used Pickfords from Northants to Rolleston but wouldn'r recommend them; lots of breakages some, of it irreplacable, so it's been a bit traumatic for them.

Has that DH of yours sold your place in Blighty then?? Please say yes
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

We used Burke Brothers, they were really good. However I would insist on Conroy's here. I believe Crown are really good to!

Now come on Rick get that house sold (smell of fresh baking and coffee etc!!)
And get over here!!!!
LOL
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:43 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

We used John Mason to Australia - there's a thread in the Oz forum with photos about the whole process -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474957

Buzzy
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:12 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

It saddens me to have to post a word of warning before we've even left the UK

...but watch out for the quotes from PSS

Having accepted a quote and paid the deposit...as requested at that stage....we then received our invoice.

This includes an additional:

£16 for freight increases
£45 NES customs export security charge
£20 MAF approved spray

Interesting how freight costs happen to rise between our quote and invoice and no mention was ever made about this security charge or MAF spray. PSS's answer to this was that sometimes NES charge security and sometimes they don't....and apparently wern't when we were quoted...but are now In response to the spray...may use it may not

Try to get your invoice before you pay your deposit!

Tan
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I used PSS and they also increased the price due to fluctuating exchange rate! I knew I would have to pay NES export charge but I didn't pay for spray cos I never requested it (I believe its optional). Also, be careful as they don't take your deposit off the invoice, you have to deduct it yourself!

Apart from that, they are a good company to deal with and their packers were fantastic. All my goods arrived this week with no breakages or anything missing.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Be careful who you use. We used R C Russ Group and I stayed up packing night after night till early hours as they sent two twats to pack a 40foot high cube container. On the day of loading container,two idiots arrived, so we had to get all my family around to help load it. NEVER use them.
I wish we had used Robinsons, my friend did and she was very pleased. You always seem to end up with a few breakages though.
Dont always go for the cheapest quote, it doesnt pay long term. I would have paid double now looking back to have made the move easier on myself.
We moved from East Sussex.
I dont know if every one gets this but, we had a port duty charge to pay before they would release our container. Approx $400.00. After payment had cleared they delivered it.
Good Luck with the move.
Julie

Last edited by Steve and Julie; Mar 29th 2008 at 6:26 am.