Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Removals firm recommendation for South Yorkshire to NZ

Removals firm recommendation for South Yorkshire to NZ

Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Removals firm recommendation for South Yorkshire to NZ

Hello

I've finally got a job offer in NZ after a very long hunt including spending all last September in NZ pimping myself out.

I'm just doing all the sums and I need a quote to shift all our belongings over to Auckland. We've not got that much stuff as we only live in a small terraced house and we don't have kids.

When I get a definite moving date I'm going to write a long thread about my experience in hunting for that elusive job offer and what tips I have for everyone, I ended up with a few job offers ranging from Auckland to Invercargill.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 21st 2011, 5:44 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removals firm recommendation for South Yorkshire to NZ

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Hello

I've finally got a job offer in NZ after a very long hunt including spending all last September in NZ pimping myself out.

I'm just doing all the sums and I need a quote to shift all our belongings over to Auckland. We've not got that much stuff as we only live in a small terraced house and we don't have kids.

When I get a definite moving date I'm going to write a long thread about my experience in hunting for that elusive job offer and what tips I have for everyone, I ended up with a few job offers ranging from Auckland to Invercargill.

Thanks in advance
Sorry, can't help with shippers, but welcome to BE it sounds as though you're well on your way to a kiwi lifestyle .... congratulations on your job offer, good luck & look forward to reading your 'long thread'
B x
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:46 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Hello

Thanks in advance
Barnes of Lincoln

Couldn't recommend them more if I tried!

Great on price, service and advice!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
Barnes of Lincoln

Couldn't recommend them more if I tried!

Great on price, service and advice!

I used them as well.... very good.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

craigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant future

Have a look at Pickfords if only to help test price competitiveness. They blew the others we were looking at out of the water. Also, remember to look at independent Marine Insurance, it's fare cheaper than going through the shippers.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Hi Mat

We used Crown who are based in Leeds (We were in West Yorks). Not too much trouble with them. They came, packed us up within three days and we had our things within three months. They are not the cheapest around mind you.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

Simpsons in chesterfield gave us a really good service and a very competitive price. They packed us up in the heavy snow in november and didn't give up despite the conditions. The first day took them over 5 hours to get there in the snow when it should have been about an hour and a half, and then they worked non stop till it was done. They came back the next day and had a massive wait till the container finally arrived and filled it up in the pitch black and icy/snowy conditions. They were so commited to get the job done at no point did they let the weather stop them when many companys would have called it off.
Helen