removals

Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

hillcat will become famous soon enoughhillcat will become famous soon enough
Default removals

Don't know if this helps anyone but I've signed up with PSS removals. They may not be the cheapest but they were really professional in their attitude. Estimator came round and gave me really good advice on what to take and what not to take. Explained about reclaiming VAT on white goods bought here prior to shipping. Written estimate/invoice came in cheaper than I'd guestimated. Really nice family run business.Mind you, have yet to have stuff removed from house and shipped over, so there may be a follow up to this next year!!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: removals

Hi,

We moved from Chepstow out here in July and we had PSS come and quote for us.....

Just wondering what they told you not to bother taking as with us there was a load of stuff that they said 'there's no way you can take that' which we DID take and it got in with no issues at all.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

We used them as well and thought they were great. The only things they said not to bother with was any whicker furniture. Everything else they loaded onto the van.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

hillcat will become famous soon enoughhillcat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
We used them as well and thought they were great. The only things they said not to bother with was any whicker furniture. Everything else they loaded onto the van.
Well in all fairness to them, they seemed to talk sense - washing machine about 10 years old (not brill), same for tumble dryer(hardly ever use it anyway) both would need thorough cleaning of the filters and as neither are energy efficient these days, probably understandable. other thing was my TV, only 4 years old but one of those with a huge back on it. He said something about possibly getting a picture but no sound or vice versa. Signal problems??? Am hopefully gonna sell to my buyers anyway so will buy new here and have shipped over as I gather white goods in general more expensive in NZ??
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hillcat
Well in all fairness to them, they seemed to talk sense - washing machine about 10 years old (not brill), same for tumble dryer(hardly ever use it anyway) both would need thorough cleaning of the filters and as neither are energy efficient these days, probably understandable. other thing was my TV, only 4 years old but one of those with a huge back on it. He said something about possibly getting a picture but no sound or vice versa. Signal problems??? Am hopefully gonna sell to my buyers anyway so will buy new here and have shipped over as I gather white goods in general more expensive in NZ??
I've shipped my TV as I have sky here, so sound should work through that. However if that doesn't work, my son's going to have a 32" widescreen TV to play his Nintendo Wii on... I also left all white goods behind mainly due to there age, but also thought that if they went wrong, I'd have to wait a long time for parts to arrive.