Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Which removalists from UK to NZ please?

Which removalists from UK to NZ please?

Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:38 am
Just Joined

GrannyPen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which removalists from UK to NZ please?

I am trying to decide between PSS and Anglo Pacific Movers (similar price)..can anyone recommend either please?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:49 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which removalists from UK to NZ please?

we used PSS and they delivered out stuff safe and sound. very quick at the house packing container which was packed at our property so we saw it secured. very quick delivering once through MAF on delivery day.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

sparky66789 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi you check out Ward Thomas removals, great company and got all our stuff shipped very easily and well!!!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 4:16 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

PSS. They were very good, professional and friendly. A word to the wise when they come to pack they will move like greased lightening. Also movers don't pack. So anything that did not make it into the boxes, like, in our case, the Sky decoder, will not be packed by the movers who come the next day to move what the packers wrapped and packed.

Refer to your household insurance value for the value of what you are shipping rather than try to think of the replacement costs from your teaspoons to your precious/high value property.

Be prepared for move day dramas i.e. we had to remove the natural pine cones from our artificial Christmas Tree, PSS had the presence of mind to check, we didn't. They also found mice droppings from the fridge/freezer in the garage. So, on move day, I had to take it to the local recycling centre in our car !

That's after I had either got rid of or declared or cleaned anything that needed to be.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Jun 12th 2012 at 4:23 am.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

play them off against each other (I did) and you can save £100's
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for your input..PSS coming tomorrow to give quote, so will definitely let them know of opposition... can I pack boxes myself or will that affect insurance?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

It will effect insurance
Old Jun 12th 2012, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

We used PSS back in November. We were able to pack a few of our own small boxes which were then inserted into their bigger boxes, I also packed about a dozen 50 litre plastic tubs full of new clothes, which were then just wrapped in paper. Great service, 177 boxes and two motorcycles safely delivered for about £3600. They charged about 2% of the sum you wish to insure.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

PSS are coming to move us on July 5th. EEEEKKKKKK
They've said they will pack and move in one day! I wish I was at home to see it. Locusts is apparently an accurate description of packers!
They've quoted us £3600 for a small 3 bed, but we have loads of sports equipment, windsurfers x5, plenty sails, 4 bikes and 3 surfboards!
Be aware of any extras like crates for TV's/other fragile items. These should be included in your quote. Ours wasn't and then they tried to put the £75 on top of the quote. Made them pay for it. Not our mistake!
MAF and fumigation charges another $200-300 EACH on arrival.

PSS also offer us 25kg 'free' air freight, but BEWARE, if you are still staying on in your house after your container has gone and don't want this to go on the same day (if you want to use it to pack the last remaining things like we do), they charge you £30 for it to be collected when you're ready or you have to deliver it to a depot. It also only goes to PORT on the other side and there is a min $150 customs charge too! We've decided we will drop it off at the depot and pay £80 for an all inclusive customs and to door delivery.
Just be careful with PSS. they seem to add on extras at every turn. I have no idea what other shippers are like, but I do wonder if we'd have been better off going with a more expensive quote that included every last detail!

Leyton Percival good for insurance. £33 000 value insurance quote about £430.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:06 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjsebba
PSS are coming to move us on July 5th. EEEEKKKKKK
Just be careful with PSS. they seem to add on extras at every turn. I have no idea what other shippers are like, but I do wonder if we'd have been better off going with a more expensive quote that included every last detail!

Leyton Percival good for insurance. £33 000 value insurance quote about £430.
Interesting, I used PSS because it was an all-inclusive price though I only had 72 cu ft which may have made a difference. Everyone else gave a quote and then said it would be xx for a and xxx for b etc etc depending on how much stuff I had. Worked out that there wasn't much between them once added up and preferred to have that fixed cost.
Good luck with it all, it all seems real once your stuff has gone
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Forgot about insurance..PSS quote 2.8% of our declared value..is it worth going with the removalist's insurance and if anything goes wrong there is less chance of hassle...or is that too high a quote?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:01 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrannyPen
Forgot about insurance..PSS quote 2.8% of our declared value..is it worth going with the removalist's insurance and if anything goes wrong there is less chance of hassle...or is that too high a quote?
Leyton Percival, recommended on here and we had no trouble with them and they are very helpful and much cheaper than the removal company quotes