Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Removal/Shipping Companies

Removal/Shipping Companies

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough
Question Removal/Shipping Companies

Hi all,

I have a 7ft x 7ft x 5ft container in the UK that I need to get shipped over to NZ.

I am going to get a quote from the current storage company and also PSS.

Can anybody recommend a good shipper that will charge me a reasonable inclusive price?

Also, if I accept the storage company's quote, I know there will be extras like NZ import duties. Can anybody give a guestimate of these, or point me in the way of a website for this information?

Thanks, Gizzy.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Removal/Shipping Companies

I used robinsons who were brilliant. My part container took 8 weeks door to door, not sure if they do less though...

How are you doing? Last I heard you were about to set sail...
Old Sep 24th 2010, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

I am good thanks.
I have posted a few times since I arrived in NZ, but have been working and exploring so while I have been reading the forums, I havn't posted that much.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

Thinking about your original post, I think Lisamct shipped a few boxes, maybe she could shed some light on best companies to use.