Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Removal quote..still in shock

Removal quote..still in shock

Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

wannabekiwi will become famous soon enoughwannabekiwi will become famous soon enough
Default Removal quote..still in shock

I know it is a long way and that but....

just had a Removal quote from "Br" for a part load of approx.630 cubic feet (63% of 20' container)going from Dorset to Auckland and they ask for GBP 3135 including packing but without insurance.
Don't call me tight but I never thought it would be that much.
I will get a second quote from "Cr" next week, so hope this will be less.

Not sure if we will take our bits & bobs unless someone could recommend a cheaper service?
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:25 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal quote..still in shock

Originally Posted by wannabekiwi

just had a Removal quote from "Br" for a part load of approx.630 cubic feet (63% of 20' container)going from Dorset to Auckland and they ask for GBP 3135 including packing but without insurance.

Not sure if we will take our bits & bobs unless someone could recommend a cheaper service?

Hate to say it mate, but that is pretty much the best price you will get. Crown are usually more expensive.

Have a nosey around in the 'search' box at the top of the page. There are some previous threads about removal companies, their costs and the service they provide. It is one of those things that generally is a case of you get what you paid for.

You can save on insurance though. Google Letton Percival. They offer the cover to the removal companies, so if you cut out the 'middle man' you can save up to 500 quid

HTH
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Mattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the roughMattyk is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

This sounds about right to me. We have PSS coming in just over a week and we are paying pretty much the same as you, we are in Derbyshire and are going to Christchurch and we are having a 20ft container. PSS were not the cheapest but have come highly recommended. But saying this there wasn't much between them.

If you think that's expensive I'm shipping over my dog and cat and that's costing us 3.9K!!!!

Good luck with the move.

Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:32 am
Me, my 2 boys & Red 10

Team-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really nice

Hi there
I agree with the others, that's not a bad quote. We found Crown a lot more expensive they quoted us £1000 more than other companies.
Were going with Orbit as they are based in Cyprus were we are at the mo. Their quote was £3826 for a 20ft container. So yours is not a bad quote.

You think that's expensive. Were in the British Forces stationed in Cyprus and have 27m2 in storage and have had to pay to get that shipped out here as well, as we are emigrating from here and not going back to the UK.

Good luck with your move
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

We have had quotes from John Mason ...£3300 for a 20 ft container,also Fox
which was the same both included the packing and again insurance was extra....Got Anglo Pacific coming tomorrow,so we'll see what they have to say....
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

sunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the rough

hi there we spoke to a man who was really helpful at one of the expos, cant remember his name, he gave us lots of info about everything we needed to no not just about removals. we said they we would get a price from him as he seemed genuin. its worth getting a quote although we havent used them yet so we cant coment on there service. HARROW GREEN 0845 071 7777 www.harrowgreen.com please let me know how you get on, we are still tryng to sell our house. lol.
all the best to you, natalie
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

As the above posters mention, this is pretty much par for a 20ft container. There's probably little benefit to get from it not being full. My quote was a few hundred cheaper, but as they went into administration just after my goods arrived in NZ it ended up costing me alot alot more.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

wannabekiwi will become famous soon enoughwannabekiwi will become famous soon enough

Thank you for all your replies.
Since we would just use over half of a 20' foot container I thought it might cost around GBP 2200....
I think we will probably sell and sell and sell this end and then buy and buy and buy at the other end.
Sounds like fun to me. Love ebay & car booties & trade me.....
So, no shipment at all just filling up our 8 suitcases.
Unless Crown has got a special offer going.