British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Removal companies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/removal-companies-508130/)

malcoltom Jan 22nd 2008 6:17 am

Removal companies

Anyone got experience of which removal company to use or NOT to use. Got a package through yesterday from PSS? Seem to be the most renowed but more than likely the most expensive.?
:blink:

Catkin09 Jan 22nd 2008 8:21 am

Re: Removal companies

We used Britannia, Appleyards were the local franchise of these (West Yorkshire) and we found them to be brilliant. The lads that packed were very helpful, cheerful and polite. :thumbsup:
Mind you, the furniture is meant to be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday), but it depends if the port at Wellington opens again due to the high winds today!:ohmy:
we had a quote off PSS and they were actually cheaper than Appleyards.. however I bartered the price down to just £200 more, I know it sounds stupid, but I prefer, where ever I am to give business to local companies. I know, you don't need to tell me I'm a sad old bag:(
Don't forget to do your insurance too... you never know!!
Catkin

Here comes the sun Jan 23rd 2008 7:31 am

We have had quotes from Crown, PSS and are getting the last quote today from excess international.

PSS and Excess sent people out to get an accurate quote however crown stated that as the other 2 companies were visiting the house they would use their estimates and quote based on cubic foot.

There was about £400 difference between PSS & Crown with crown being more expensive however im waiting for the last quote before trying to get the price down!!

PSS offered a very professional service, I cant comment on Excess yet until they come today.

nearly nurse Jan 23rd 2008 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun (Post 5827319)
We have had quotes from Crown, PSS and are getting the last quote today from excess international.

PSS and Excess sent people out to get an accurate quote however crown stated that as the other 2 companies were visiting the house they would use their estimates and quote based on cubic foot.

There was about £400 difference between PSS & Crown with crown being more expensive however im waiting for the last quote before trying to get the price down!!

PSS offered a very professional service, I cant comment on Excess yet until they come today.

Hi there, quick question about the removal companies services.....do they pack your stuff for you or can you do it yourself? Personally I'd rather not have someone other than myself rifling through my knicker drawer :eek::lol:

malcoltom Jan 23rd 2008 9:44 pm

You can have either. The companies pack it in your presence. Stuff like personal items you can pack yourself whilst they are doing the rest.:o

nearly nurse Jan 23rd 2008 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by malcoltom (Post 5830520)
You can have either. The companies pack it in your presence. Stuff like personal items you can pack yourself whilst they are doing the rest.:o

Phew, thats a relief, Not that I have anything to hide, would just prefer to keep my knicker elastic to myself :rofl:.

Thanks for reassurance :thumbup: